Black Widow Wave 2?

tarot

As people know Black Widow and Eternals movie are being held back until November and February respectively. That would mean that Hasbro will have to hold back on the Eternals movie wave until then to release it in time for the movie. Granted they may already have the figure made and packaged for release but if they want to make money off the movie they will have to hold it off until then. 

That would mean that they have a spot free for another wave to take it's place. Given that the BW movie is being released in November and they will want to have more product on the shelf for then, so I'm thinking that they might slot in a second BW wave to make money off of it. 

So here is the question what figures do you want in the wave (with Black Widow being one of them)?

Me:

1. Black Widow (MCU) : basically re-release and repaint the previous figure with a proper head sculpt.
  2. Red Guardian : a Proper MCU red Guardian, with a helmet head, scruffy beard and colors.
  3. Yelena Belova: Comic figure based on either her original look or her modern googled look.
  4. Falcon : Classic design and a great place to put him
  5. Crimson Dynamo: Bukharin version
  6. Whiplash: Classic version easy repaint of Grey gargoyle with a new head and black cat's whip
  7. BAF: Either Ursa Major or Titanium man.

I think it could be done like the second wave of Black Panther figures, but split between MCU and comic style:

1.  Black Widow - Endgame (deluxe white costume sculpt is the same as her suit in Endgame... backpack baton holder from the single card movie figure, head and batons from the Target quantum suits two-pack)

2.  Hawkeye - Endgame (MCU Ronin figure without the coat, new lower arms, new quiver, head and bow from Target quantum suits two-pack)

3.  Yelena Belova - Comic (Retro Black Widow buck, new head)

4.  Darkstar - Comic (Retro Black Widow buck, new head)

5.  Crimson Dynamo - Comic (the one we wanted)

6.  Red Ghost - Comic (Doctor Octopus arms, legs, waist, new torso and head)

7.  Red Guardian / Vanguard Nicolai Krylenko - Comic 

BAF - Ursa Major 

7B9B95DC-8F45-4B28-9DAA-5182F20C2A52.jpeg

4CA1B5A3-EBF9-4950-BA3A-34CF913610A0.jpeg

D5134CB3-1B64-46C8-BBA9-7E709D804555.jpeg

1405FDEC-ED00-499E-88E7-C2FBDB6D2DFF.jpeg

E9CC4545-62AD-4823-A7FD-4A5BB6D3ED59.jpeg

8CC12E1E-83FC-43F2-B0C8-DFE98CC620EB.jpeg

3BC4CCA4-B2C3-4E68-A484-B7FF9E38EA0C.jpeg

21 hours ago, tarot said:

As people know Black Widow and Eternals movie are being held back until November and February respectively. That would mean that Hasbro will have to hold back on the Eternals movie wave until then to release it in time for the movie. Granted they may already have the figure made and packaged for release but if they want to make money off the movie they will have to hold it off until then. 

That would mean that they have a spot free for another wave to take it's place. Given that the BW movie is being released in November and they will want to have more product on the shelf for then, so I'm thinking that they might slot in a second BW wave to make money off of it. 

So here is the question what figures do you want in the wave (with Black Widow being one of them)?

Me:

1. Black Widow (MCU) : basically re-release and repaint the previous figure with a proper head sculpt.
  2. Red Guardian : a Proper MCU red Guardian, with a helmet head, scruffy beard and colors.
  3. Yelena Belova: Comic figure based on either her original look or her modern googled look.
  4. Falcon : Classic design and a great place to put him
  5. Crimson Dynamo: Bukharin version
  6. Whiplash: Classic version easy repaint of Grey gargoyle with a new head and black cat's whip
  7. BAF: Either Ursa Major or Titanium man.

Agree on the Red Guardian but should have two head sculpts. With and without the helmet, both with scruffy beard. The original release looks a lot younger. Makes me wonder if there's a flashback scene or two where he looks younger like that.

11 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

I'd be interested if it were an all-comic wave. 🤷‍♂️😁

Same here, the only other major character from the trailers we haven't gotten a figure of is Rachel Weisz's Melina. Of course even with a comic wave, Natasha doesn't have a massive cast of characters to choose from without characters from other comics. I would just forget about a second wave and do an Iron Man wave instead

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Same here, the only other major character from the trailers we haven't gotten a figure of is Rachel Weisz's Melina. Of course even with a comic wave, Natasha doesn't have a massive cast of characters to choose from without characters from other comics. I would just forget about a second wave and do an Iron Man wave instead

There could be scope to give us a second wave focusing not just on natasha’s supporting characters but also on Russian comic figures.

I’d like to see:

1) Comic Yelena Belova: modern costume. Goggled head and unmasked head included.

2) Darkstar

3) Red Ghost

4) Perun

5) Chernobog

6) Vostok

7) Red guardian: rerelease of comic figure with the addition of the throwing effect shield that came with captain America 

BAF: Ursa Major

I know this wave is a bit niche but it would basically give us the Completed winter guard and a whole team that act as avengers rivals/villains.

I dunno that I see them putting out a second Black Widow Wave before they've even really sold the first.  Given all the cancelled Amazon preorders it seems like Hasbro is holding back the wave (though undoubtedly some has leaked out).  I suspect we'll get this initial sprinkling of the Black Widow Wave, then it'll all but disappear until closer to the new release date.

But the lists already given are pretty good.

22 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

I'd be interested if it were an all-comic wave. 🤷‍♂️😁

Yeah I'd totally be down with this, alot of people have made some cool lists, would love to see comic Yelena, Darkstar, Red Widow, Snapdragon, Black Widow 2099, Black Lotus, Vanguard, Ursa Major, Iron Maiden, Night Raven, maybe throw Viper in a Black Widow wave

I'd be all for a second wave, if it were heavy on the comic characters.  The trailers don't seem to show a lot of MCU characters that we haven't gotten, though re-dos would certainly be good for a lot of them.  If it was a BAF Titatium Man with the comic Crimson Dynamo everyone is asking for above, I'd buy the whole wave regardless.  

1 hour ago, greenlucario said:

I'd be all for a second wave, if it were heavy on the comic characters.  The trailers don't seem to show a lot of MCU characters that we haven't gotten, though re-dos would certainly be good for a lot of them.  If it was a BAF Titatium Man with the comic Crimson Dynamo everyone is asking for above, I'd buy the whole wave regardless.  

Again I would just put the Classic Dynamo and BAF Titanium Man in an iron man wave and forget about Black Widow wave 2

I think a 2nd Black Widow wave for the movies ULTIMATE release would be AWESOME!! So many great characters have been posted but I'm particular to the comic figures...and even more so to the Soviet Super Soldiers aka the Winter Guard!!

I'd love to see Ursa Major or Titanium Man be the BAF...and hey...throw in an Iron Man just to mix it up a bit! Maybe throw in the Gremlin as a pack in (that sad little guy that came in the Hulk classics line needs a redo that will stand!)

The Presence would be a cool villan add.

4afbb21e630b91b1241b57b9bb4e05f4.jpg

560033._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

21 hours ago, leokearon said:

Again I would just put the Classic Dynamo and BAF Titanium Man in an iron man wave and forget about Black Widow wave 2

I'll take either however I can get them.  Considering the lack of possible BAFs, that's why I left Titanium Man.  I guess my wallet would rather spread them out too.

I don't think a 2nd Black Widow wave is out of the question. There's gotta be something to fill the void for all the MCU movies that are being put on hold right now. The thing is, I think in order for Hasbro to be able to scab some extra waves in this year, they would have to be done with mostly repaints and mold reuse (which they are actually very good at). I would say maybe one figure or possibly the BAF would be the only figure that gets anything new. If we do get a 2nd BW wave I would base it on that criteria.

1. Black Widow - comic based with bare midriff and Yelena swap head

2. Yelena - MCU version using the IW Black Widow buck in black with Melina swap sculpt

3. Red Guardian - MCU version, dirty or battle damaged, with a proper masked head

4. Darkstar - easy repaint of any female buck

5. Vanguard - another easy repaint on the Reaper buck

6. Classic Falcon - it can't be too hard. just use an existing buck with the Vulture wings. 

7. Punisher - Thunderbolts version in red. Easy repaint.

BAF - Ursa Major - I would love a classic Titanium Man, but I think a bear standing on his hind legs would probably be a lot easier to sculpt and tool in a rush than the complex design that TM would require (if done Properly) though the Kree Sentry BAF my serve a a suitable base figure to start with to do some sort of retool effort like they did with the Crimson Dynamo figure.

Yeah this could be an easy wave 2 to throw together.

Red Guardian w/ helmeted head

Melina in white suit from the deluxe Widow

Thunderbolt Ross (MCU)

Comic BW (Romanoff) - make the Deadly Origin Widow in black with the gold belt and gauntlets

Comic BW (Belova) - repurposed Vintage Widow w/ an alternate AIM High Council head - bare midriff or not, I don't care

Comic Falcon - they have to have one in development that can be fast tracked

BAF - URSA Major - if they could figure out a way to re-purpose the Sasquatch BAF

Mainly head sculpts is all that's needed. I would bet on a 2nd wave being only 6 figures if it happens.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, kbaxter74 said:

Yeah this could be an easy wave 2 to throw together.

Red Guardian w/ helmeted head

Melina in white suit from the deluxe Widow

Thunderbolt Ross (MCU)

Comic BW (Romanoff) - make the Deadly Origin Widow in black with the gold belt and gauntlets

Comic BW (Belova) - repurposed Vintage Widow w/ an alternate AIM High Council head - bare midriff or not, I don't care

Comic Falcon - they have to have one in development that can be fast tracked

BAF - URSA Major - if they could figure out a way to re-purpose the Sasquatch BAF

Mainly head sculpts is all that's needed. I would bet on a 2nd wave being only 6 figures if it happens.

Love it. Any chance to get a articulated bear in Legends scale.

plus nothing against Captain Marvel but Black Widow should have been the first female led MCU film