Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Retro Spider-Man Mysterio Figure Revealed

JayC

Shown below is a look at the new Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Retro Spider-Man Mysterio from Hasbro. The figure is a reissue of the previous mysrterio with a new paint deco and some new effect pieces. It also comes on the new retro cardback that pays tribute to the Spider-Man animated series 5" line from Toy Biz. You can pre-order this from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Spider-Man-Marvels-Mysterio-Retro-Collection-Action-Figure-01.jpg

Spider-Man-Marvels-Mysterio-Retro-Collection-Action-Figure.jpg

This is pretty nice. I debate on getting him since I have the original but I do love the color scheme and my other could be used as an illusion. I hope they do this with other characters that just missed the mark and are then improved with this kind of re-release. I absolutely love the mysterio they made so it will def be a tough decision to buy this again. I m a big venom fan and I got the monster venom and this is the kind of debate i have to get the monster brock fig that just came out not that long ago. 

14 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I’m so SO happy they’re doing Retro Spidey figures. This is the Mysterio I’ve been waiting for. Hopefully next up is classic Electro and Chameleon, maybe even a Scorpion with the painted mouth and the BAF Rhino with a new head, or Sandman on the Luke Cage buck. So many possibilities. 

I agree completely with hoping we get that revised Electro. I have the space venom one but its just not the right costume I prefer. a new chamelon would also be nice as well as a newly done Rhino (i really didnt like how he was previously done) as well as a sandman would be fantastic. I wish theyd bulk out Scorpion more but we all know they ll re-release him with a mouth exposed non metallic version sometime soon. 

Tough call. I already have the last Mysterio, so if I get this one, I'd basically be paying 20 bucks for a cool cardback and a new paint job. Granted, I've spent a twenty on worse, but I'm gonna have to give this one some thought.

I admit, I'm a lot closer to pulling the trigger than I should be though.

4 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I JUST spent 50 bucks on the original!

I wish there was a shock emote to go with my shock at this comment. That really sucks! It does seem that Hasbro seems to understand the demand for some of these massively sold out figures and finds ways to redo it so that those that missed out can still obtain them for msrp with sometimes better results. 

8 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I wish there was a shock emote to go with my shock at this comment. That really sucks! It does seem that Hasbro seems to understand the demand for some of these massively sold out figures and finds ways to redo it so that those that missed out can still obtain them for msrp with sometimes better results. 

And I repainted it to look like this one, but that's how the game goes sometimes...

easy pass, awesome for those who missed out on comic Mysterio, but I am so cool with the one we already got, and I don't need this because the gloves are a different color, so that makes me happy that it's a fig I don't intend on buying, the card looks rad though

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

easy pass, awesome for those who missed out on comic Mysterio, but I am so cool with the one we already got, and I don't need this because the gloves are a different color, so that makes me happy that it's a fig I don't intend on buying, the card looks rad though

Second that, it's good for those who missed out and it's a definite pick up if it makes it to the sale rack (which it won't), but there's not enough here for those who were lucky enough to track down the first release.

I was pretty lucky , I bought two Mysterios on original release, both with green head under the dome. I mainly wanted the effect pieces for Dr. Strange so I sold both off. No regrets, just guess I never realized some had so much trouble with this guy in the wild. 

May pick up the new (again for the the effects pieces) if this quarantine ever gets lifted. Glad to see this retro packaging isn’t jumping the price, overall pretty nice option for those still needing this figure

I got the MCU ML, and the ML comic version on release too. This one is nice but for now i will stick with what i have. Too many other new figures coming out to worry about doubling or tripling on certain figures now. I got three pieces on order right now but Im going to wait until i have them in hand before i order much else. With everything going on right now, i dont know if i will ever get what i already paid for or not.

Sweet! I'll definitely be picking this one up. I missed the last comic based one, although I still have one of the Spider-Man Classics ones (the one with the 3 heads that spin inside the dome) and picked up the MCU version. I'll happily add this one, though!

15 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I JUST spent 50 bucks on the original!

While I didn't get this one (and will be getting this Mysterio) this same thing seems to happen to me all the time.

Got a series 5 Sabretooth new Sabretooth comes out.

Get Faceoff Hulk/Leader new Hulk and now Leader come out.

Get Chinese bootleg Crossbones new Crossbones comes out.

I just can't win.

10 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

While I didn't get this one (and will be getting this Mysterio) this same thing seems to happen to me all the time.

Got a series 5 Sabretooth new Sabretooth comes out.

Get Faceoff Hulk/Leader new Hulk and now Leader come out.

Get Chinese bootleg Crossbones new Crossbones comes out.

I just can't win.

Yeah, that’s why I stick to Hasbro Legends and rarely customize comic figures. Sooner or later, I assume they’ll get around to doing most of the figures I want, especially bigger names. Even most costume variations will likely happen with the retro lines and fan channel exclusives now.