Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Retro Spider-Man Mysterio Figure Revealed

JayC

This is amazing, it fixes my three mayor concerns with the first release, I was happy with the first one but I though it was missing the shading and blackened lines in the costume, I like the gold boots and gloves over the lime green ones (even though its the original design the two greens felt like needed a bit of contrast and didnt work together), and the other gripe I had was the translucent globe (though not mayor, I think that this more opaque helmet looks better), though I do think that it would be better if they went with the MCU Helmet paint that had the reflective sparkly color in it 

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, enough of the rumours, we need reveals

Especially since SDCC ain't happenin' this year. Just give us everything, a huge magnum info-dump, all the little tid-bits they keep tucked away to reveal at the cons.

Some of us have been sequestered for a long time, we've EARNED it!

1 hour ago, mako said:

Especially since SDCC ain't happenin' this year. Just give us everything, a huge magnum info-dump, all the little tid-bits they keep tucked away to reveal at the cons.

Some of us have been sequestered for a long time, we've EARNED it!

I won't be surprised if we get all the planned SDCC announcements around the time of the now cancelled SDCC.  It's a common thing for companies these days.

Also we will have another fan channel announcement on Monday

Yes its another repaint, and yes its not even the original scheme. However....!

While I wont be getting it, its great for those who missed the original when it came out ( I see that thing jacked up to $50-70$ now). For those that say, " I knew they were gonna put another one out soon", my inner skeptic says "nah, brah, you didn't" :wink:.  

Regardless, my advice is, get the one you want when you can. When the Storm from the Jubilee wave came out about 7 (?) years ago, it sold out immediately, had suck-@$$ distribution, hasn't been seen since, and averages around $150-200 now. I've noticed a lot of the Spider-Man villain figures soar in price and non-availability after the first release, so if you get a chance to get one you missed, GO FOR IT.

Marvel-Legends-2018-and-2020-Mysterio-Figures-Comparison.jpg

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

While I wont be getting it, its great for those who missed the original when it came out ( I see that thing jacked up to $50-70$ now). For those that say, " I knew they were gonna put another one out soon", my inner skeptic says "nah, brah, you didn't" :wink:.  

Regardless, my advice is, get the one you want when you can. When the Storm from the Jubilee wave came out about 7 (?) years ago, it sold out immediately, had suck-@$$ distribution, hasn't been seen since, and averages around $150-200 now. I've noticed a lot of the Spider-Man villain figures soar in price and non-availability after the first release, so if you get a chance to get one you missed, GO FOR IT.

I'll get it just because I try to support the retro line whenever I can.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, Atlantis said:

That's why I'm looking forward to this line, it'll give me a chance to pick up some Spider villains that I missed out on...

9 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

That's why I'm looking forward to this line, it'll give me a chance to pick up some Spider villains that I missed out on...

Same here, I was hoping to get him for my brother for Christmas when Gamestop were supposed to be doing the Lizard wave, but no luck.

15 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Off the wall, but I think the only serious Spider-Man villain not released yet is Tarantula (sorry, I cant count Gibbon or Kangaroo or Hypno Hustler)….I guess you could add Will O' Wisp to that line....

There's also the Rose and Sin Eater

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Off the wall, but I think the only serious Spider-Man villain not released yet is Tarantula (sorry, I cant count Gibbon or Kangaroo or Hypno Hustler)….I guess you could add Will O' Wisp to that line....

I think we've definitely covered all of the A-listers, classics, and other must-haves, but I'd consider Morlun a "serious" Spider-Man villain.  Personally, I thought he, along with all of that spider-totem nonsense, was dumb, but I remember a lot of people thinking he was was pretty cool.

Hasbro hasn't touched the Smythes or the Spider-Slayers yet, either.  I'd love to see them get into those, particularly the Mark I with J.J.J.'s face up on it!

There's really not a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel Spider-Man characters that I wouldn't go for.  I mean, they made White Rabbit.  Bring on Man Mountain Marko, The Living Brain, et al.  I'll buy 'em!

Morlun and his family have jump straight up to being one of Spidey's most dangerous villains. How we don't have him with Sony pushing the Spider-verse is beyond me. Plus his design can lend himself to other suited villains like Shaw.

As for other villains there isn't a lot left. Some villains that became heroes pop to mind, like the rest of the Outlaw, so Molten Man, Rocket Racer and Will O' The wisp.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Morlun and his family have jump straight up to being one of Spidey's most dangerous villains. How we don't have him with Sony pushing the Spider-verse is beyond me. Plus his design can lend himself to other suited villains like Shaw.

As for other villains there isn't a lot left. Some villains that became heroes pop to mind, like the rest of the Outlaw, so Molten Man, Rocket Racer and Will O' The wisp.

Morlun would be okay, but I would prefer not have any of the other Inheritors done. Also some people don't like Morlun given he made the whole magic spider origin definite.