Marvel Legends Iron Man 2020 In-Hand Images

JayC

Bigpunstoybox sends us these in-hand images of the new Hasbro Marvel Legends Iron man 2020 figure. Here in the United States the figure is being offered as a Walgreens exclusive with a June 30th release date. Bigpunstoybox got his in Canada a few weeks ago in the mail from EBGames. The figure comes with multiple pairs of hands, repulsor/stabilizer effect pieces and blast off blast effect pieces.

Iron Man 2020 first appeared in the Machine Man limited series back in 1984 and was created by Tom DeFalco and Herb Trimpe. Inside the armor is Tony Stark's future distant cousin Arno Stark.

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202001.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202002.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202003.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202004.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202005.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202006.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202007.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202008.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202009.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Iron-Man-202010.jpg

This figure looks great, and I'm really excited for the new thruster effects. I've wanted something like that for Marvel Legends ever since the Iron Man 2 3.75" line.

I'd love to see the 80 Years Iron Man re-released with this color scheme. Always liked the contrast of bright yellow with darker red for Iron Man figures.

This figure is awesome! Too bad it's another Walgreens exclusive which I'll end up having to pay $35 on ebay for..... even though I have two Walgreens in my town. Neither one ever got Emma, New Mutants or the Cuckoos.

4 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Now we need 616 Iron Man 2020

I really wish Hasbro had prioritized that version since it's even more topical and would require a brand new mold. It's not that they shouldn't have made both, but the classic version is a slight retool of the 80 Years Iron Man, so I figure it could have been made as an afterthought.

It's an easy pass for me, as a character IM 2020 never really did much for me, and as a figure it just doesn't look enough greatly different than a modded 80th IM, I also can't stand the Shoulder Cogs

The thing is I really do love these accessories, and it's made me contemplate buying this for that alone.

It's been out at EBGames Canada since March 19th I am surprised we got it here waaaay before The U.S.

I laugh at what 1980s artists thought the 2020 Iron Man armor might look like, when we compare it to all the armors we've seen in real time since the 80s to the actual '20s! Wish they'd commit to using all metallic paints on these. I'm so stoked to get this...but want the War Machine even more. And of course I just gotta believe Silver Centurion is coming this year!

Thanks for the notice...I just got to order mine.

Not a big fan of the character but I do like this figure, as simple a retool as it is. Those new booster effects should be pissing off all the people that were left with a bad taste in our mouths by the Cannonball figure. The way they pulled off those weird buzz-saw shoulder pads only makes me want the Dimitri Bukharin version of Crimson Dynamo even more. Crossing my fingers for that 2nd Black Widow wave. With the state of affairs and how the postponements of the movies should affect ML, they could actually sell this to us as a real "Emergency Wave". Just make sure it has Titanium Man as the BAF.

49 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Not a big fan of the character but I do like this figure, as simple a retool as it is. Those new booster effects should be pissing off all the people that were left with a bad taste in our mouths by the Cannonball figure. The way they pulled off those weird buzz-saw shoulder pads only makes me want the Dimitri Bukharin version of Crimson Dynamo even more. Crossing my fingers for that 2nd Black Widow wave. With the state of affairs and how the postponements of the movies should affect ML, they could actually sell this to us as a real "Emergency Wave". Just make sure it has Titanium Man as the BAF.

Screw a second Black Widow wave and just do an Iron Man wave already

15 hours ago, ADour said:

I really wish Hasbro had prioritized that version since it's even more topical and would require a brand new mold. It's not that they shouldn't have made both, but the classic version is a slight retool of the 80 Years Iron Man, so I figure it could have been made as an afterthought.

I’m hoping we get the 616 version this year or else it’d be a missed opportunity and have it be a deluxe figure with an Arno head and various attachments 

1 hour ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I’m hoping we get the 616 version this year or else it’d be a missed opportunity and have it be a deluxe figure with an Arno head and various attachments 

Please. Hadbro's getting trigger happy with all the Deluxe figures as it is. How about just releasing it in the regular line?

3 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I think that if Hasbro had an intention to make the figure, they would have announced it already. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since he will still have been an important part of the Iron Man mythos even when this event is over, we might still get a 616 Arno figure... even if getting Iron Man 2020 in 2021 or 2022 doesn't sound as appealling as getting it in 2020.

Wow this looks really good. I know it’s a rehash, but I’m a sucker for alternate realities. I especially like how they did the eyes in the helmet instead of just doing it a. Solid black line like the MU version. I wish they would have gave us an alternate head with the eyes like that for the 80th anniversary Tony. 

8 hours ago, ADour said:

I think that if Hasbro had an intention to make the figure, they would have announced it already. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since he will still have been an important part of the Iron Man mythos even when this event is over, we might still get a 616 Arno figure... even if getting Iron Man 2020 in 2021 or 2022 doesn't sound as appealling as getting it in 2020.

That's not true. Hasbro mentioned that the Toy Fair reveals was about 60% of this years reveals, so still room for another Iron Man 2020