Marvel Legends 6" Mach-1 Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

I don't object to the re-use of the ult Beetle mold (and who would care if I did), and I really like the metallic blue coloring. But the helmet and wing assembly definitely needed something besides white...the absence of any kind of shading color, the lack of detailing, just makes the thing look like a cheap toy. Some silver/metallic grays to the "rocket engine" area maybe. They really could have added some kind of translucence to that visor that would've made it pop, and some kind of articulation for the wings would've been nice. Still getting it though, 'cause I really dig the design. And just realized- I almost have the whole team from a comic I never read!

Agreed, compared to most recent releases this figure looks cheap. Sorry for the knock, but something just seems ..off

will grab her As well, had Songbird due to her status in the Avengers and had to track down Citizen V after I heard Mach 1 was coming. Like the concept of the Thunderbolts 

ok so, many of the recent Avengers wave and Black Widow wave have disappointed in terms of prototypes. But in hand I have changed my opinion on most. But Mach 1 in hand is exactly what I thought it was. He just looks and feels cheap. The head is generic AF, the wings are non articulated ( so were Songbirds but at least her overall presentation was superior to this offering), the reuse of the Beetles mold. .. this is a very “phoned in” offering. 

But... I get it. It makes an obscure character available. And I’ll take it. I had no plans to build a Thunderbolts team but after passing on Citizen V ( only to track down later) and only grabbing Songbird for her Avengers status I am on my way to assembling a new team. 

Normally i am fine with repaints, more options for more characters ( DC Universe Classics were masters at this) but in this case the effort seems weak. 

• 2 months later...

Picked up Mach-1 in the wild today, and like I said before, its great looking, really great metallic blue paint (hope if they make Starhawk they use this color). But the helmet and wing assembly definitely needed something besides white...the absence of any kind of shading color, the lack of detailing, just makes the thing look like a cheap toy. Some silver/metallic grays to the "rocket engine" area wouldve been better. They really could have done up his visor the same way they did MCU Wasp's helmet, and its a shame they didn't. The wings as we all know by now are not removable, but they do fold down in the comics so its too bad these dont have any articulation at all.

That may sound like a lot of negatives but none of them got me to the level of passing it up. I like the figure and am really glad its out now. For me this is the best figure in the wave (Captain Mar-vell, they did you wrong). Only 2 members needed to finish the original Thunderbolts team now.