Marvel Legends 6" Captain Mar-Vell Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Captain Mar-Vell figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Mar-Vell-01.JPG

Mar-Vell-02.JPG

Mar-Vell-03.JPG

Mar-Vell-04.JPG

Mar-Vell-05.JPG

Mar-Vell-06.JPG

Mar-Vell-07.JPG

Mar-Vell-08.JPG

Mar-Vell-09.JPG

Mar-Vell-10.JPG

Glorious! This is a major bucket-list figure for me man, especially after the solid yet wonky hands Toybiz version! It had only been about a month too before SDCC when he was announced that I'd had him on a dream list here in the forum! And yes, to go with him, we need a Classic Ms Marvel, classic Ronan, as well as a classic Drax! While I dig the recent Thanos Baf/ Walmart figure, I'd really love a classic Thanos to go with Marv as well! Can't wait till he's in my hands!

5 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Another long-awaited update. Wish the paint was a little more vibrant but.... I still dig it.

Now if we could just get a classic or dark Ms. Marvel 🤞😙🤞

Yes, I wish they did something special with the paint job...let the blue be like the universe? just to make it different from existing versions of this character.

When I first saw his prototype I was dismayed as he looked a little too comic when other new releases had a very really real world appearance about them that I didn’t think he would blend with my other Avengers.. in hand he is a great figure, great example of not judging before I have them. 

Great update.. Classic Marvel, love the 70s vibe.. 

that being said, I feel all new releases going forward should have alternate heads and extra hands. Feels flimsy as a new release in this Golden Age of Legends we are in...

When the toybiz version of him came out, I really didnt care for the character or anything but had to have that modok piece. After getting him, I was super happy with him and loved it up until the new hasbro era of legends. I ended up selling him hoping hasbro would make a better version of him. Im sad to say I really dont dig their version here. He was already a very generic character but they just didnt add any real spice to him and feels kind of phoned in just as a placeholder figure and one that people can be like yep finally got a mar vell hasbro edition. I dont really know what it is because the toybiz version wasnt exactly anything to call home about either. 

Very excited to get this figure...I started into the AVENGERS around the "Korvac Saga" where Captain Marvel rescues Wanda from falling to her death. Then the Graphic Novel about his death...I really grew to love the character.

Now with Empyre dropping his importance in the Marvel Universe is once again at the forefront. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 11:45 AM, EvilHayato said:

"...they just didnt add any real spice to him and feels kind of phoned in just as a placeholder figure... the toybiz version wasnt exactly anything to call home about either.." 

I agree, they could have done much better here. I will say, I think the toybiz version did a better job with the hair, though.

They should've given him butterfly joints...this at least allows you to simulate clanging the Nega-Bands together(which on this figure, look too big)...they at least should've made the gold/yellow paint more vibrant.

The red of the outfit could also have been more vibrant. I can tell from the lighting used in the above pics that the red is too dull. And then there's the boots. Painted on pointed tops, AGAIN....so lazy! Look, we know Hasbro can do boots well (Omega Red, Mysterio, Shatterstar, Iron Man) so I cant get why they keep dropping the ball here. Captain Marvel's boots were segmented. We know they can do this because they did it with Angela (remember her? She was supposed to be the Next Big Thing. They sure went all out for her figure) but they didn't bother with Mar-Vell.

I would also have loved to see some special effects included for him. His cosmic photon flying trail would've been nice, along with extra hands, fists, and another head. I'm glad the figure's coming, but sure wish theyd shown some more love for it.

capimpr.jpg

e7d6549ac7e6b229363f64f42849de0c.jpg

STARLIN_CAPTAIN_MARVEL.jpg

On 4/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, Atlantis said:

I agree, they could have done much better here. I will say, I think the toybiz version did a better job with the hair, though.

Thats definitely my biggest gripe is the hair. It looks goofy af and despite even the tb head looking alittle weird, their hair was on point with how hes supposed to look. The lack of any real details or anything special to whats already a kind of generic design with no extras really hurts this fig imo. 

I am definitely going to be going for this one, It's been long over due that we got a Mar-Vell figure, the only sole gripe I have is I do wish the blue paint was non-metallic and matched the Carol fig more, but this is just a minor thing