James Gunn Updates Status Of 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3' And 'The Suicide Squad' Release Dates

Outsiders

James Gunn answered questions concerning the movies he is currently working on for DC and Marvel and assured that the release dates have not changed.  Gunn is currently working on a double header when it comes to Superhero movies with The Suicide Squad for DC and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 for Marvel.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
3 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Looking forward for james gunn bring suicide squad to the correct direction..the original was not that bad,not good at all

The original was pretty bad. ( Too much star power for Will Smith.. The portrayal of "love" between Joker and Harley, when we all know Joker only loves Bats. Killer croc could have been larger and more intimidating. The final battle put me to sleep.) 

All that being said, Birds of Prey looks to be just as awful as suicide squad. But I will give James Gunn the benefit of the doubt.

18 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

The original was pretty bad. ( Too much star power for Will Smith.. The portrayal of "love" between Joker and Harley, when we all know Joker only loves Bats. Killer croc could have been larger and more intimidating. The final battle put me to sleep.) 

All that being said, Birds of Prey looks to be just as awful as suicide squad. But I will give James Gunn the benefit of the doubt.

I thought BoP was a lot more enjoyable than Suicide Squad, fwiw.  That said, I think people overestimated Quinn's appeal based on Robbie's portrayal of her. Yes she is sexy but also pretty grating , to the point where its hard to see how the character merits a leading role.   Also they really should've toned the violence/language down to get to a PG-13 rating,  going with an R rating was a huge mistake and frankly seems completely unnecessary.  Basically it seems like WB felt like this movie was supposed to be their Deadpool, including the 4th wall breaks and jumping around in time to get the viewer "caught up"

Anyhow, i do have a lot more faith in Gunn's sequel to suicide squad, but at the same time he isn't infallible and it feels like he's just redoing the same shtick he employed for GotG, which might work again or might have a "been there, done that" feeling to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I am scared to even see the title Suicide Squad, it makes me shiver with fear after the mess that was the first film, I have nothing but a hideous taste in my mouth because of the outcome of that first movie, and even the studio's want to wash that bad taste out their mouth they are hopping on the save Suicide Squad franchise wagon buy doing this new movie so soon, but if anyone can put out an actually good Suicide Squad movie I'd place my bets on James Gunn being a really solid choice. I can't say much about Guardians 3 except, I'm excited

I thought the original Suicide Squad was okay, but definitely a let down to what I was expecting. I wonder if it would have been better without WB's interference. From what I heard, a lot of story had been cut (more Joker, bigger tie in to Justice League, etc.). I was extremely disappointed in Birds of Prey. The budget was estimated between 80-100M but felt a lot more low budget (50-70M) to me. But definitely interested to see what Gunn brings to the new Suicide Squad and definitely for GoG Vol. 3!!!