What If - Hasbro Changed The Primary Way Marvel Legends Are Sold At Retail?

JayC

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hahaha I indeed as well have been doing this exact same thing, It actually does fulfill my hunt fix to a degree, and it's good enough for the time being anyways

Havn't found any exciting new things or great deals or obscure older figs yet.. so bummer hunts these days

Agreed, though not sure if you got the heads up yet, but EB games has got the new Grey classics Beast and the new Spidey Legends Mysterio for Pre-order.

20 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Agreed, though not sure if you got the heads up yet, but EB games has got the new Grey classics Beast and the new Spidey Legends Mysterio for Pre-order.

I indeed did, but also thanks for the info, it actually is kinda hard to keep up to date on Canadian Legend releases most of the time, also when EB has weird listings like for mysterio for instance or Iron Man 2020, if you search Marvel Legends they don't appear

I however shall be passing on both of those figures

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:51 PM, No1WonderFan said:

Agree completely. Legends is not a line I could buy sight unseen. I've seen some atrocious paint apps and several times I've had to go to multiple stores just to get one character that looks right. I'd have to only buy loose or used I guess...meaning Hasbro would get $0 from me.

Only a fool would by Legends or any line sight unseen. Paint botches, warped joints, even mismatched parts ( I still have an old Colossus with 2 left feet) run rampant.....I don't need the box to be super fancy and like the idea of reducing the cost, but make sure they balance that with quality.

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Only a fool would by Legends or any line sight unseen. Paint botches, warped joints, even mismatched parts ( I still have an old Colossus with 2 left feet) run rampant.....I don't need the box to be super fancy and like the idea of reducing the cost, but make sure they balance that with quality.

But a lot of people buy sight unseen when they buy online.

I wouldn’t mind them changing the Marvel Legends packaging as long it looks awesome. The packaging now looks good but it’s been around for a long time. I really want them to change the Black Series packaging because it looks so boring. When they started the Black Series it looked great in the box but now the box looks bad, so as long as Marvel Legends come in a good looking box I’m up for any change they decide. I’d be cool with it not being a window box as long as the artwork is awesome like it is with the Hydra Trooper.

I wouldn't mind if they adopted the blister-card packaging of the retro line full-time. It looks great, it's gotta be easier (see cheaper) to produce than those window boxes, and the way the blisters are actually embedded in the card would make it just a little tougher on repackagers. Of course it might mean forgoing the BAF concept, but I could live with that . . . especially if the changes were reflected in a price drop for the consumer.

Another idea might be to take a page from Mattel's WWE book and offer a separate, lower priced, basic line along side the regular Marvel Legends. Same scale, similar detailing and deco, but with slightly dialed back articulation and half the price point. Also like WWE, this basic line could open the door for more affordable two-packs, and Legends scale vehicles and playsets.

The major change I wanna see though is to drop the "Deluxe" figure concept. Finding the characters I want is hard enough in the regular waves, I don't need Hasbro slapping a 'DELUXE" tag on highly demanded figures like War Machine just so they can bleed an extra five bucks out of me.

It's bad enough sites like Pulse, BBTS, and Amazon are ALREADY doing that.