Marvel Legends 6" Iron Man 2020 Walgreens Exclusive Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Iron Man 2020 figure from Hasbro, which here in the US will be released as a Walgreens exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Iron-Man-2020-01.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-02.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-03.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-04.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-05.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-06.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-07.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-08.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-09.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-10.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-11.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-12.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-13.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-14.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-15.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-16.JPG

Iron-Man-2020-17.JPG

It does have a custom vibe to it but it is pretty accurate as to his early appearance. 

I do like it, got the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe one where they did essentially the same thing by just adding on parts. Simple and effective 

also love the blast accessory, I had been using the one from that silly Cannonball figure for this same idea but needed a flight stand as well so the results were kinda only ok. This will be an add in for every future Iron Man release for a while I bet.

I am so happy we got this figure man. What a dream come true! I loved the Machine Man 2020 series back in the day, and his appearance in Amazing Spider-Man was classic! I remember trying to imagine what I'd be like in 2020 in my late 40s and what society would be like; alas, no flying cars, no Wreckers gangs and Robot armies. I don't think I could have even imagined back then that A.) it would take that long to get a cool figure of Arno Stark, and B.) that I'd still be playing with toys at this age! 😎😄

Ah life! I really hope we get a 2020 Machine Man, with a new head ideally and not just a straight repaint.

I hadn't noticed that the feet repulsor effects can be removed from the the take-off effects (in retrospect I feel like I should have). That's really nifty on Hasbro's part.

The figure itself looks pretty good. A good first reuse of the 80 Years Iron Man mold, and I'm digging the color palette. Makes me want to see a straight-up reissue of the 80 Years Iron Man with the only change being those colors.

25 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

Iron-Man-2020-15.JPG

Hasbro really saving up some $$$ using the same mold...I'm still not that keen on his eyes showing behind the mask...something wrong about how it is done. I rather have the glow in the dark, light eyes.

Iron Man 2020 | Iron Man Wiki | Fandom

A slightly different classic Iron Man is just how classic Iron Man 2020 is supposed to look like, and the eyes showing behind the eyeslits too. There really would have been no point for Hasbro to make a new mold or add any new parts that aren't what they did add.

spacer.pngspacer.png

7 minutes ago, ADour said:

A slightly different classic Iron Man is just how classic Iron Man 2020 is supposed to look like, and the eyes showing behind the eyeslits too. There really would have been no point for Hasbro to make a new mold or add any new parts that aren't what they did add.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Exactly, this figure is exactly how Iron Man 2020 should look.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:49 PM, Bluecomet said:

Hasbro really saving up some $$$ using the same mold...I'm still not that keen on his eyes showing behind the mask...something wrong about how it is done. I rather have the glow in the dark, light eyes.

Iron Man 2020 | Iron Man Wiki | Fandom

The version you're talking about isn't the "classic" Iron Man 2020. And yes, by our standards today, that looked retro, or even crude (seriously, what were the gears/cogs on the shoulders supposed to do, anyway??). Back in 1984, the creators likely didn't envision what Stark's armor would/could look like in 30+ years; they didn't even forsee the Silver Centurion armor which would be in print just a few years later. Drastic change from the red/gold template. Or the even more drastic change, the War Machine armor, which debuted in the 90's. All said, if youre going to make a Iron Man 2020 armor, this is what is should look like, and they pretty much did that.

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The version you're talking about isn't the "classic" Iron Man 2020. And yes, by our standards today, that looked retro, or even crude (seriously, what were the gears/cogs on the shoulders supposed to do, anyway??). Back in 1984, the creators likely didn't envision what Stark's armor would/could look like in 30+ years; they didn't even forsee the Silver Centurion armor which would be in print just a few years later. Drastic change from the red/gold template. Or the even more drastic change, the War Machine armor, which debuted in the 90's. All said, if youre going to make a Iron Man 2020 armor, this is what is should look like, and they pretty much did that.

iron-man-2020c.jpg

Yeah, the modern Iron man 2020 pic shown gives me more of a Crimson Dynamo vibe for some reason. Also now I want to do a Red and Silver version of Iron man 2020.