Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Groot Evolution Figure Returns

JayC

The old Toys R' Us exclusive Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Groot Evolution is being brought back by Hasbro for those who missed it the first time around. This time as an online exclusive available at place like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The set includes 3 Groot figures in 3 different sizes. Imagine giving the galaxy something to root for with the 9-inch Groot figure, modeled after Groot in his adult form. Then, pretend to meet Groot as just a sapling with the included 2 1-inch Groot figures, which stand as reminders that inside every tree there is…an even smaller tree.

If you want a better look at the figure then be sure to check out ShartimusPrime's old review of the original released figure below as well as images. Look for this to be released in September.

TRU-Marvel-Legends-Groot01__scaled_600.jpg

TRU-Marvel-Legends-Groot13__scaled_600.jpg

TRU-Marvel-Legends-Groot24__scaled_600.jpg

From what I remember this thing was lingering on the shelves at pretty much every TRU I went to personally. I can't imagine there were that many people that weren't able to track this thing down. I suppose it's good for out brothers and sisters in countries like Brazil and Scotland who might have had a little more trouble than those of us in N. America.

34 minutes ago, monron999 said:

From what I remember this thing was lingering on the shelves at pretty much every TRU I went to personally. I can't imagine there were that many people that weren't able to track this thing down. I suppose it's good for out brothers and sisters in countries like Brazil and Scotland who might have had a little more trouble than those of us in N. America.

There were NONE on shelves at the two TRUS in Milwaukee, I had to spend 50 bucks to get mine off Amazon

1 hour ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

There were NONE on shelves at the two TRUS in Milwaukee, I had to spend 50 bucks to get mine off Amazon

I agree with that sentiment. I saw him in the wild twice in my area and picked him up. Never saw him again. 

Great idea that they should have included teen Groot, would have been an incredible set. Having both already I might haves passed but it would be such a unique set I most likely would break down and picked up again.

if you never saw or passed initially I highly recommend taking advantage of this 2nd chance. Great figure and awesome add ins

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I wonder if this is one off  or they plan to reissue more figures using online retailers like comic book Thanos, Endgame Cap, Mystique  and  others. This could be  amazing for the collectors who missed these figures. 

I doubt they will release exclusives from other stores online. This was a TRU exclusive so they could release other former  TRU exclusives

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

I doubt they will release exclusives from other stores online. This was a TRU exclusive so they could release other former  TRU exclusives

I'll bet a rerelease of the Dark Phoenix 2-pack would be pretty popular.  Maybe scarlet witch/vision, too.  Did TRU have an exclusive storm? i can't remember.  

They could also rerelease individual figures that were previously in TRU sets too, i suppose.  I think some of those A-force members might do OK as fan channel re-releases.

18 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Wow, I'm sure every region has it's little quirks, but in my area (N. Texas) there were tons of them. Enough that I even bought a few to sell on Ebay. If i'd known how many of you hadn't been able to find it I woulda picked up a few more. Just the fact that they rereleased this figure is kind of an indication that Hasbro probably had loads of unsold product they needed to get rid of. This seems to be a situation similar to how all those "exclusive" 80th anniversary figures started showing up at other retailers and etailers stores. I do agree they shoulda done something a little more like include the comic based head sculpt from the Entertainment earth GOTG exclusive, but like I said, if they're just trying to get rid of excess stock then it wouldn't be in their best interest to include another head sculpt as they would have to repackage the already finished product. Though if it is coming from Amazon exclusively they could just include the sculpt with minimal packaging (plastic baggie) as Amazon does with some exclusives.

Very happy to see this get a re-release, I never saw this figure on a peg here in Canada, and it seems to command a price tag I didn't want to pay on the aftermarket, I would certainly grab this now that we are getting a second chance, it's an awesome figure

7 hours ago, monron999 said:

Wow, I'm sure every region has it's little quirks, but in my area (N. Texas) there were tons of them. Enough that I even bought a few to sell on Ebay. If i'd known how many of you hadn't been able to find it I woulda picked up a few more. Just the fact that they rereleased this figure is kind of an indication that Hasbro probably had loads of unsold product they needed to get rid of. This seems to be a situation similar to how all those "exclusive" 80th anniversary figures started showing up at other retailers and etailers stores. I do agree they shoulda done something a little more like include the comic based head sculpt from the Entertainment earth GOTG exclusive, but like I said, if they're just trying to get rid of excess stock then it wouldn't be in their best interest to include another head sculpt as they would have to repackage the already finished product. Though if it is coming from Amazon exclusively they could just include the sculpt with minimal packaging (plastic baggie) as Amazon does with some exclusives.

Yeah, distribution is a joke in Wisconsin, when the TRUs closed in 2018, there were still Absorbing Man and Ultimate Green Goblin wave figures on the shelves...