Marvel Legends Nimrod 3-Pack With Psylocke And Fantomex ?!?

JayC

Back in February it was revealed by Hasbro that we would be getting a Nimrod figure this year. While they clearly stated that Nimrod would NOT be released as a Build-A-Figure, but were scarce on the details of just how the figure would see release.

Now thanks to Amazon France we have a clue to that mystery. On the site they are listing a Marvel Legends 3-Pack featuring figures of Nimrod, Psylocke and Fantomex. So it's probably safe to assume the Nimrod figure listed is the same one we saw at Toy Fair. It's still unclear however, what exact versions of Psylocke and Fantomex we will be getting.

02__scaled_600.jpg

The Nimrod figure is based on the designs seen in the recent Power Of X/House Of X Marvel Comics storyline, so will the Pyslocke and Fantomex figures follow along those same lines? If so that leaves a couple of different options for the Psylocke figure.

In the comics Elizabeth Braddock who was the original Psylocke, is now the new Captain Britain.

Psylocke__scaled_600.jpg

And the name Psylocke is now being used by the character formerly known as Kwannon.

Kwannon__scaled_600.jpg

So conceivably we could get a figure of either of these two versions. Of course Hasbro could be cheap and just re-issue the recent Jim Lee style Psylocke figure they put out in 2018. It might even have X-Force paint apps since her and Fantomex served together on that team for awhile.

As for Fantomex, I don't know if his look has drastically changed much over the years. Hasbro did a Marvel Legends figure of him some time back, but he could definitely use an update. The character is also slated with a one-shot comic due out in May.

gsxmenfantomex__scaled_600.jpg

So we still have some questions needing answers for this and of course until Hasbro officially announces this, we will treat it as rumor.

02.jpg

gsxmenfantomex.jpg

Kwannon.jpg

Nimrod-3-Pack.jpg

Psylocke.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

Must be the Psylocke costume shown in Fornite..Definitely saving for this one. Hope they fix the head sculpt of Psylocke to rival the Marvel Select one

I doubt it, if its X-Force it will  most likely be from the comics and they will just repaint the existing figure.

There's several versions of Psylocke that I'd put down hard-earned money for yet.  I'd be psyched (sorry) for her Inferno armor, her OG pink, or her more modern pink & purple look.  No interest in the Captain Britain version.  I'd also dig Lady Mandarin or a blue & gold uniform, but I think those are not as likely.

My money's also on Uncanny X-Force uniform.

I'm probably in the minority now, but I would love a 90's Kwannon figure.
I would equally love a Lady Mandarin figure, but both those options seem remote.
Given the new tolling that's going towards Nimrod, I think it's most likely that we can expect a repaint of the existing Psylocke figure. Here's hoping the comes with an alt head - perhaps a more aggressive expression or a one with a Crimson Dawn mark.

I'd be surprised if Fantomex is a repaint. That old one is pre-Infinite. They rarely go back to that well, and--when they do--it usually at least comes with some amount of resculpting (like Puck's new head). I'd bet the worst-case scenario for Fantomex is the old head on a different, more modern body, with the Multiple Man/Gambit trench-coat (which probably is also the coat from the last Fantomex figure, now that I think about it). I'd bet the headsculpt ends up being new, though. Psylocke is likely a straight repaint, but frankly I had no problems with the Apocalypse-wave Psylocke and would love to see it repainted in X-Force colours. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I thought the head and choice of body were fine, and I hate the Select Psylocke which everyone seems to rave about. Different strokes...

While i would've preferred a solo Nimrod deluxe release like Red Hulk,  an x-force Psylocke wouldn't be bad and certainly Fantomex could use a better figure, so its not the worst concept for a 3-pack imo.  However, i'd probably try and wait and score this set during a sale or maybe even on clearance., i mean i may be underestimating Nimrod's popularity but even with x-men as popular as they are this is a set with no A-listers that doesn't seem like it would fly off the shelves like Juggs/Colossus, Dark Phoenix 2-pack, etc.

I’d be totally fine with the Apocalypse wave Psylocke repainted in black and gray and Fantomex in his X-Force costume on a new buck.  

I know some people just want Nimrod and hate paying more to get a 3-pack than for just the deluxe figure, but it’s potentially two additional figures we didn’t know we were getting without having to worry about “taking a slot” in a future wave.

The fact that Psylocke and Fantomex are in this set says to me it will most likely be an X-Force based set. The thing that bothers me about that is that they haven't even really done good regular versions. The Fantomex they've done was pre-Infinite ML and let's just say the last Psylocke they did, though manageable, was a bit underwhelming especially in the facial portrait department. While I think the difference between the regular and X-Force versions of Fantomex is merely a change of belt buckles I hope they're going to do the all white version and I hope they actually do a sleeveless duster instead of just repainting the Maddrox figure. As for Psylocke, I hope they give her a Asian face sculpt better than the one they did on the first figure and maybe include an English version of Betsy to be used with both figures. As we saw with the Dark Phoenix/Cyclops set, they did use it as a chance to vastly improve on the Celine Dion head sculpt we got with the first Phoenix figure. Either way, with just the Fantomex and Nimrod figures alone, this is a must have IMO.

51 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

However, i'd probably try and wait and score this set during a sale or maybe even on clearance., i mean i may be underestimating Nimrod's popularity but even with x-men as popular as they are this is a set with no A-listers that doesn't seem like it would fly off the shelves like Juggs/Colossus, Dark Phoenix 2-pack, etc.

You don't think Psylocke is an A-lister? I'd put any character that was part of the X-Men #1-era blue or gold teams pretty firmly on the A-list. She was by far the hardest figure to get from the Apocalypse wave and still commands a $50-$65 price-tag (yes, I know Gladiator is currently more expensive, but that's a separate issue), despite many people being underwhelmed by the figure itself.

4 minutes ago, Benn said:

You don't think Psylocke is an A-lister? I'd put any character that was part of the X-Men #1-era blue or gold teams pretty firmly on the A-list. She was by far the hardest figure to get from the Apocalypse wave and still commands a $50-$65 price-tag (yes, I know Gladiator is currently more expensive, but that's a separate issue), despite many people being underwhelmed by the figure itself.

No. Psylocke is low B-list at best. The a-listers are Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast and Prof X. Everyone else would be considered lower then them.