Marvel Legends Nimrod 3-Pack With Psylocke And Fantomex ?!?

JayC

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
16 hours ago, JayC said:

I doubt it, if its X-Force it will  most likely be from the comics and they will just repaint the existing figure.

I Have feeling we will see Fantomex on an updated mold. No way they are going to use the same mold as last time. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
13 hours ago, Jmo said:

Hate when Hasbro does this....gives us repaints of  2 dog figures in order to get that one new fig.! I hate that!!!

Nothing to complain about if they are in their XFORCE uniforms.  

See the source image

1 hour ago, tarot said:

No. Psylocke is low B-list at best. The a-listers are Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast and Prof X. Everyone else would be considered lower then them.

No man, I think it's all in the perspective. But to say Betsy is Low B-List at best is an insult, IMO. I think you're speaking from an "Old Comic Guy" point of view, of which I am also one. The movies mostly highlighted the originals, but a lot of the newer comic fans seem to lean more towards characters like Psylocke, Gambit, Jubilee and Cable. The movies did a really crappy job of portraying these characters (especially Psylocke), but their time is coming due.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

You don't think Psylocke is an A-lister? I'd put any character that was part of the X-Men #1-era blue or gold teams pretty firmly on the A-list. She was by far the hardest figure to get from the Apocalypse wave and still commands a $50-$65 price-tag (yes, I know Gladiator is currently more expensive, but that's a separate issue), despite many people being underwhelmed by the figure itself.

You make a reasonable case based on her Apoc wave sales, so maybe its just my old guy perspective.  I tend to think of the A-listers being Spidey, Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, etc.... characters who are recognized by folks who aren't comic aficionados and thus end up getting new figures made of them every year.  In any case, i still think its a somewhat odd trio to choose for a set (I assume all three must interact somewhat in recent comics as i can't remember all three being involved in any story i've read) but I'm glad they went with different characters instead of just wolverine again.

I am very glad that this is going to be an Amazon exclusive. That means I ll have a chance of actually obtaining this set at retail over a decent period of time. I also hope its the Xforce colors as I dont have those variations and enjoy that team synergy. Already have dp and wolvie in them so more the merrier. Already wanted Nimrod from the start so its kind of a win win for me. It would make sense that hasbro would reissue psylocke either in her apoc original attire with few alterations like a slight darker tone/alt head/ new weapons etc. while reusing alot of parts from other figures and very little new tooling. Same with Fantomex, Id imagine they will do very little retooling but reuse alot of previous characters parts in making him seem updated. Nimrod will most likely be the only real new sculpt we get in this set. I am also one of those people that would love to see psylocke on the moonstone buck but that buck is so rarely used now it sucks. 

10 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Nothing to complain about if they are in their XFORCE uniforms.  

See the source image

One problem I've always had with this picture (aside from the fact that it's done by Liefeld, of course) is what is the actual color here? Is it black and white? Is it dark gray and light gray? Is it musty white and gray? Its all so confusing.

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

"...I  am very glad that this is going to be an Amazon exclusive. That means I ll have a chance of actually obtaining this set at retail over a decent period of time...I am also one of those people that would love to see psylocke on the moonstone buck but that buck is so rarely used now it sucks". 

I don't like the idea of exclusives, because their availability is too hit-and-miss, but I do think Amazon has a somewhat better track record than others. I would also like to see that Gamorra/Moonstone buck return, because the other "standard" they're using for female figures is just too scrawny and ill-proportioned. The Black Widow figures, to date, are far too puny to reflect the character she's supposed to be. Sadly I have no reason to think that if this rumored set is true, it would include a better female buck. But who knows...

Great to see that the Nimrod is confirmed though.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

You make a reasonable case based on her Apoc wave sales, so maybe its just my old guy perspective.  I tend to think of the A-listers being Spidey, Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, etc.... characters who are recognized by folks who aren't comic aficionados and thus end up getting new figures made of them every year.  In any case, i still think its a somewhat odd trio to choose for a set (I assume all three must interact somewhat in recent comics as i can't remember all three being involved in any story i've read) but I'm glad they went with different characters instead of just wolverine again.

Oh, sure. I just meant an A-list X-Man. Wolverine and maaaybe Storm are the only A-listers the X-Men have from a mainstream awareness perspective. But how often does mainstream awareness seem to do the heavy-lifting when it comes to sales? The characters you listed are frequently peg-warmers (often, at least in part, because they're double-packed, I'll grant you), and basically anything with an X on it dries up pretty quickly normally, short of Gladiator and Skullbuster-level obscurity. If this set is an Amazon exclusive (and nobody has confirmed that, to my knowledge), it'll probably be pretty easily available, and otherwise it might still be, largely because it'll probably be a $70-80 set, but those Xs... they sell toys.

Also, as someone who's reasonably current on X-Men and has read their whole history, I don't believe Nimrod and Fantomex have ever appeared in a comic together, and I can't think of a time Psylocke and Nimrod ever interacted in a terribly meaningful way either. This feels like an Uncanny X-Force two-pack that Nimrod got stapled to by order of (or perhaps in evasion of mandates from) upper management, for whatever reason.

19 hours ago, tarot said:

my guess given that Fanto and Psylocke are together is we will get the Uncanny X-force versions.

Thats also what what I thought and hope.

12 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

I love this idea!  I need an X-Force Psylocke (I am sure that is the version we will be getting), and Fantomex really needs an update.  And someone mentioned how some don't like the Psylocke head sculpt, well the Silk unmasked head is a perfect swap!  Now can we get an X-Force Wolfsbane?!

First we need a 90's Wolfsbane to be released, but yeah Id also like an X-Force one, maybe next year theyll do something similar and release a pack with Wolfsbane, Archangel (both in X-Force costumes) and some other figure

5 hours ago, Benn said:

You don't think Psylocke is an A-lister? I'd put any character that was part of the X-Men #1-era blue or gold teams pretty firmly on the A-list. She was by far the hardest figure to get from the Apocalypse wave and still commands a $50-$65 price-tag (yes, I know Gladiator is currently more expensive, but that's a separate issue), despite many people being underwhelmed by the figure itself.

It's such a subjective label, isn't it?  Makes it fun to argue.  I usually imagine showing my mom a flashcard of the character.  If she can name them, they're an A-lister.  Wolverine?  Spider-Man?  Thor?  Professor X?  The Thing?  A-listers.  Psylocke?  I doubt she'd get that one.

Personally, I think Psylocke is strong and popular enough to co-anchor an X-Men wave with, say, Beast or Colossus, and we could dispense with the seemingly requisite Wolverine.  But I, like you, am pretty heavy into the X-Men.  It's where my comic knowledge runs widest and deepest so characters like her are naturally going to have more weight with me than they would with a Mighty Marvel major who's academic concentration is, say, Spider-Man.

I saw this a day or so ago elsewhere, And needless to say an very pleased about this, I'll take that Nimrod figure anywhere they put em, and I will buy any and all Psylockes regardless, and I don't have Fantomex and love his look so , boom, perfect

I do agree with everyone on this being a X-Force oriented set though I feel certain we will get a X-Force re-paint of psylocke, but heres to hoping we get a better head (won't weep if we don't but here's to hoping)

I'd be surprised. I know they've done Euro-only re-pack waves, but I've never heard of a new figure being packaged different ways on different continents. I imagine this is it.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I wish it was a Nimrod, Psylocke, Spiral 3-pack.

Man, that would be sweet. It makes just as little sense, but I'd be so into this.

5 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Is there any chance that the three pack may just be a European exclusive? And that Nimrod may still be released here in the US as a single deluxe figure? Especially since that seems to be a lot of people's preference.

Better yet, Nimrod is released on it's own in Europe and the three pack is a US exclusive 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:57 PM, Atlantis said:

I don't like the idea of exclusives, because their availability is too hit-and-miss, but I do think Amazon has a somewhat better track record than others.

Im not a huge fan of exclusives either, especially places like walmart and target who run out of stock in a blink of an eye and dont restock very fast or have a smallllll set amount of them to stock. Only reason im happy here is Amazon tends to stock their exclusives EXTREMELY well and I have a much higher chance of getting my hands on it than any other retailer. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Im not a huge fan of exclusives either, especially places like walmart and target who run out of stock in a blink of an eye and dont restock very fast or have a smallllll set amount of them to stock. Only reason im happy here is Amazon tends to stock their exclusives EXTREMELY well and I have a much higher chance of getting my hands on it than any other retailer. 

Not a fan of exclusives either, being in Ireland means it is very hit and miss on whether the comic shops will manage to get a couple of not.

I'm dreaming and hoping for a NEW 2 pack set of Frankencastle & Daken those would sell off the shelves like wildfire or a Red Armored Dracula Lord of the Vampires with his son Xarius in a 2 PACK , Its also overdue on a Lady Deathstryke , Odin Allfather , Quasar , Blackout , & a NEW AND IMPROVED body mold , articualated , detailed painted Superior Spiderman !!!!!