Marvel Legends Nimrod 3-Pack With Psylocke And Fantomex ?!?

JayC

Yeah, Psylocke, Archangel, and Fantomex were involved in a love triangle in the original Uncanny X-Force too. I'd be really surprised if Fantomex and Psylocke aren't in their original Uncanny X-Force outfits, but Nimrod's inclusion here, rather than X-Force Archangel, is baffling. Don't get me wrong; I want the Nimrod. It's just a weird inclusion here.

8 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Nimrod should've been a single-carded release 😑

Along with that new Rogue and that new Storm. Hasbro's getting multi-pack happy 😕

I rather have multipack with character we either don't have or need an update. I mean Pyro and Fantomex NEED an update and we finally have a Thunderbird. I would rather them released in a Multipack then taken up a space in a wave.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:37 PM, Benn said:

The Rogue/Pyro two-pack is a Fox movie two-pack. We still don't know how the Rogue they showed at Toy Fair is being released.

It being a Fox movie two-pack was probably a typo. Why would they pair movie Rogue with movie Pyro? If you've seen any of those movies, the more fitting twofer would've been either a Rogue + Iceman, or an Iceman + Pyro.

That's completely ignoring the fact that movie Pyro didn't even have a costume.

5 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

It being a Fox movie two-pack was probably a typo. Why would they pair movie Rogue with movie Pyro? If you've seen any of those movies, the more fitting twofer would've been either a Rogue + Iceman, or an Iceman + Pyro.

That's completely ignoring the fact that movie Pyro didn't even have a costume.

Eh, maybe. Rogue and Pyro were basically the angel and devil on Bobby's shoulders throughout X2, and virtually nobody in the original trilogy other than Magneto and Juggernaut has any costume to speak of. They revealed two Wolverine toys from the movies, and they're both in street clothes. It made enough sense to me. Frankly, it made more sense than comic Rogue and Pyro, who were part of the Brotherhood together briefly, but don't really have any history of meaningful connection. And the spoilers for that set came from two or three distinct sources, all of which listed it as a movie set. I hope you're right. I'd love a comic Pyro, but all evidence currently points to the contrary, as far as I'm concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 12:42 AM, Benn said:

Eh, maybe. Rogue and Pyro were basically the angel and devil on Bobby's shoulders throughout X2, and virtually nobody in the original trilogy other than Magneto and Juggernaut has any costume to speak of. They revealed two Wolverine toys from the movies, and they're both in street clothes. It made enough sense to me. Frankly, it made more sense than comic Rogue and Pyro, who were part of the Brotherhood together briefly, but don't really have any history of meaningful connection. And the spoilers for that set came from two or three distinct sources, all of which listed it as a movie set. I hope you're right. I'd love a comic Pyro, but all evidence currently points to the contrary, as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty sure Hasbro said that we've seen all the X-Men movie figures they are doing for this year so I think the Pyro/Rogue will be comic based.

As for the Nimrod set, while not 100% sure indications are looking more and more like  whatever it is, it will be a Amazon exclusive.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:44 AM, Bluecomet said:

in uncanny xforce 2013 issue 7-9, seems fantomex, cluster and psylocke had a love triangle...not a fan of betsy’s purple like fantomex costume

153FC4CF-FB61-4A9F-9D5D-3EA62277A776.jpeg

49B3FAFE-9666-4DA2-8DC3-F2D6E0629B0F.jpeg

Fooking hell, just read that caption....is this a comic book about superpowered mutants fighting evil, or is it some ridiculous soap opera. No wonder I stopped reading these. On the other hand, I do love that Fantomex design, so would be nice to have a Marvel Legend of him!

16 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Fooking hell, just read that caption....is this a comic book about superpowered mutants fighting evil, or is it some ridiculous soap opera. No wonder I stopped reading these. On the other hand, I do love that Fantomex design, so would be nice to have a Marvel Legend of him!

That uncanny x-force did not last..less than 20 issues i guess

wow, to each his own, but i loved that uncanny x-force run. re-reading the Dark Angel Saga now as those are the only comics i have with AoA characters in them.  The Remender run lasted 35 issues, and then was relaunched with Marvel NOW iirc.   If having one love triangle makes it a soap opera, i guess all the claremont x-books were mega soap operas and i wonder what x-book wouldn't classify as a soap opera based on this criteria.

And the Cluster/Fantomex/Psylocke love triangle was pretty boring, but otherwise that Uncanny X-Force run was decent. The previous one by Remender was a lot better, but it was cool to see Spiral take center stage a little. Bishop, Psylocke, Spiral, and Storm was a sweet core to the book's line-up.

30 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, I was gonna say, the X-Men have been a soap opera since they got good in the 70s.

It wasn't all soap was it? There were some good action stories and interesting plot driven rather than drama driven stories, weren't there? I guess there was always some romantic stuff. I don't think it was the primary purpose though. I'm thinking of Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda.

Maybe I don't know what defines a soap opera.

2 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

It wasn't all soap was it? There were some good action stories and interesting plot driven rather than drama driven stories, weren't there? I guess there was always some romantic stuff. I don't think it was the primary purpose though. I'm thinking of Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda.

Maybe I don't know what defines a soap opera.

That's true, but it's also still true, including in the above Uncanny X-Force book. That book was about Bishop returning from the far future and a small team of X-Men combatting a new, but familiar threat in his wake.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

That's true, but it's also still true, including in the above Uncanny X-Force book. That book was about Bishop returning from the far future and a small team of X-Men combatting a new, but familiar threat in his wake.

I remember there being a lot of relational drama in between crossovers during Lobdell’s run. I’m sure I’m misremembering some things too. And I have no idea what is going on in modern issues.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:40 AM, leokearon said:

I would prefer Nimrod as a single release as well. I would prefer to just buy the figure I want, rather than fork out more money for two characters more I don't really care about

Same here. I'll just buy the 3 pack, then sell off the other 2 on evil bay & have Nimrod go hunt mutants/metahumans,etc.

I don't mind the 3 pack but I don't see why its necessary. Both Psylocke and Fantomex would sell well as part of an ordinary wave; Nimrod could easily be sold under the "deluxe" label and will be snapped up. At a price point of around $80.00 that's about reasonable. My biggest concern is making it exclusive; I've had better luck with Amazon in this department but theyre certainly not fool proof. I want everyone who wants one to have the equal opportunity to get one.

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I don't mind the 3 pack but I don't see why its necessary. Both Psylocke and Fantomex would sell well as part of an ordinary wave; Nimrod could easily be sold under the "deluxe" label and will be snapped up. At a price point of around $80.00 that's about reasonable. My biggest concern is making it exclusive; I've had better luck with Amazon in this department but theyre certainly not fool proof. I want everyone who wants one to have the equal opportunity to get one.

Putting Nimrod in a multi-pack and made an exclusive would be a really bad idea by Hasbro. This is  afigure a lot of people want, it would make sense to make a Deluxe so the most number of people will get it