Marvel Legends Nimrod 3-Pack With Psylocke And Fantomex ?!?

JayC

12 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I see. Have we not already gotten that version? I know there are a few from that title.

There was a relatively bad pre-Infinite SDCC exclusive, but I definitely think there's demand for a more widely available update. Either way, this definitely feels like a super weird combination for a set, but I'm just going with it.

20 hours ago, leokearon said:

Putting Nimrod in a multi-pack and made an exclusive would be a really bad idea by Hasbro. This is  afigure a lot of people want, it would make sense to make a Deluxe so the most number of people will get it

That's not what I wrote. I explicitly said I didn't think they needed to be in a 3 pack. I then wrote I had concerns about it being an exclusive.

So Im very curious about this for correlation with the characters, were Nimrod and Fantomex ever in Age of Apocalypse? Since they are all AOA right now, would that be an AOA pack of some kind? Im sure if they were, others would have come to that conclusion as well but very curious because my small google search didnt really give me any kind of answers and I didnt really read much of AOA. 

11 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

So Im very curious about this for correlation with the characters, were Nimrod and Fantomex ever in Age of Apocalypse? Since they are all AOA right now, would that be an AOA pack of some kind? Im sure if they were, others would have come to that conclusion as well but very curious because my small google search didnt really give me any kind of answers and I didnt really read much of AOA. 

Nimrod's set is NOT part of the AOA line. It seems to be part of the X-men 20th anniversary line on the comic side of it. Why would you think it's part of the AOA line?

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

Nimrod's set is NOT part of the AOA line. It seems to be part of the X-men 20th anniversary line on the comic side of it. Why would you think it's part of the AOA line?

Because the pack is all speculation right now. Since the leak which showed that fantomex and psylocke were tied to it, I wanted to see if we can discern what looks they are going to have in the set. I know fantomex and psylocke were part of Xforce at one point, which would be everyones main thought but nimrod, at least to my knowledge, had nothing to do with that story. So I wanted to know if any of them were also in AOA as that could tie them all together. Thats all. Simple question and that felt kind of hostile of a response. 

6 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Because the pack is all speculation right now. Since the leak which showed that fantomex and psylocke were tied to it, I wanted to see if we can discern what looks they are going to have in the set. I know fantomex and psylocke were part of Xforce at one point, which would be everyones main thought but nimrod, at least to my knowledge, had nothing to do with that story. So I wanted to know if any of them were also in AOA as that could tie them all together. Thats all. Simple question and that felt kind of hostile of a response. 

if Psylocke and Fantomex (who wasn't even created at the time) were part of the AOA line they would not be part of a Box set with a Nimrod, particularly since this is mainly based on the House of X version. No. They aren't AOA version. I can 99% confirm this. 

10 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Psylocke was actually pretty much the only major X-Men characters of the 90s not to appear at all in the original Age of Apocalypse storyline. She did show up in a return to the setting, years later, though. Fantomex hadn't yet been been created as a character in 1995 when the original Age of Apocalypse story released, and to my knowledge never made it into any of the later add-ons.

Psylocke and Fantomex appeared together in both Uncanny X-Force titles, as well as a subsequent adjectiveless X-Force title, Magneto's edgy take on Uncanny X-Men, and the most recent Astonishing X-Men title. Nimrod didn't appear in any of those stories, nor did he appear in any Age of Apocalypse stories, since he hails from a future that never would have come to pass in the same timeline as the Age of Apocalypse.

Of interest, however, the original Uncanny X-Force did involve the team paying a visit to the Age of Apocalypse universe, so the 616 Psylocke and Fantomex have interacted with the Age of Apocalypse X-Men (their Nightcrawler even joined the 616 X-Force for a time, and Age of Apocalypse Iceman and Blob ended up being relevant villains in that title). Hopefully that helps!

10 hours ago, tarot said:

if Psylocke and Fantomex (who wasn't even created at the time) were part of the AOA line they would not be part of a Box set with a Nimrod, particularly since this is mainly based on the House of X version. No. They aren't AOA version. I can 99% confirm this. 

This is why this whole 3 pack rumour doesn't fly with me. The three figures have no connection. A 2 pack with Betsy and Fantomex makes sense but not throwing in Nimrod.

30 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Sometimes the box sets are logical but they can also just be kind of random. The Ultimate Captain America/Warbird/Radioactive Man set comes to mind. 

So I wouldn't put too much thought into why they'd include Fantomex despite his lack of connection.

I'm still annoyed with myself for not getting that warbird figure off ebay back when i started collecting and she wasn't too expensive.  Of course i figured that might be rectified with some comic carol figures when her movie came out, but nooooooo

At least i got radioactive man.

5 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Sometimes the box sets are logical but they can also just be kind of random. The Ultimate Captain America/Warbird/Radioactive Man set comes to mind. 

So I wouldn't put too much thought into why they'd include Fantomex despite his lack of connection.

Maybe but these days all the Boxsets have had characters that have connections to each other, they are no longer random figures thrown together

Amazon isn't just a seller, though. It's a platform for third-party sellers, and it seems to be full of items that Amazon themselves don't sell. I've never sold through Amazon personally, but I think the question is about how much power third-party sellers have to create new item listings on Amazon as part of the platform. I'm pretty sure the original listing was only being sold by Amazon directly, but it is suspicious that it didn't have an image up.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:02 AM, leokearon said:

This is why this whole 3 pack rumour doesn't fly with me. The three figures have no connection. A 2 pack with Betsy and Fantomex makes sense but not throwing in Nimrod.

I wonder if it may be a European/France version only. And that's why Fantomex is in it. You could also, for the same reasoning, throw in Psylocke too since she's British.

32 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

I wonder if it may be a European/France version only. And that's why Fantomex is in it. You could also, for the same reasoning, throw in Psylocke too since she's British.

Hasbro would NEVER make a figure exclusive to one country. The only reason we get the Best of series is because distribution over here is horrible.