Marvel Legends Nimrod 3-Pack With Psylocke And Fantomex ?!?

JayC

3 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

But they have before is my point. And being a European exclusive may just mean being announced over in Europe.

they haven't at least for Marvel. Even the Best of Line and the disney store box set are only just repackaged figure of stuff they have released earlier. Not exclusives. If you can name an EU exclusive that is not a repacked please let us know.

I carried gray Hulk at my store in Philadelphia. That was very much a worldwide release, just a fan channel exclusive. I do, however, love the idea of Fantomex as a thematic European exclusive, since his accent isn't even really French; it's "what French sounded like in the artificial world [he] was raised in".

4 minutes ago, Benn said:

I carried gray Hulk at my store in Philadelphia. That was very much a worldwide release, just a fan channel exclusive.

Yes, it was soon after the convention. It was first announced and only available at a European convention, I believe the London one, and available worldwide a bit after the convention.

I think you're right that that was the intent, but we actually had it before the convention. In any case, I'm not sure I'd call that a Euro exclusive, but I take your point that it's a meaningful difference of some sort. Interestingly, that release was also first spoiled with an Amazon listing, but I believe it was Amazon Mexico.

7 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Still a European exclusive, and that's all I meant. Just showing a possible connection between the 3 pack being listed on Amazon France because of Psylocke and Fantomex.

The Gray Hulk wasn't a European Exclusive, if it was it would have been available all over Europe only; not as an Convention Exclusive. I haven't seen Hasbro doing proper Non-Americian exclusives since 1993 with the European (and Australasian) exclusive TFs

12 minutes ago, leokearon said:

The Gray Hulk wasn't a European Exclusive, if it was it would have been available all over Europe only; not as an Convention Exclusive. I haven't seen Hasbro doing proper Non-Americian exclusives since 1993 with the European (and Australasian) exclusive TFs

It was the European convention exclusive. It was only available there first when it was officially announced by Hasbro. But unlike all other exclusives (i.e. Walmert, GameStop) this one became available everywhere very soon after.

5 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

It was the European convention exclusive. It was only available there first when it was officially announced by Hasbro. But unlike all other exclusives (i.e. Walmert, GameStop) this one became available everywhere very soon after.

That still doesn't make it an exclusive, if it was an exclusive, it would not be available anywhere but that convention, but it was; including places that aren't even in Europe, one week later. So it isn't an exclsuive.

13 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Might want to reread that title again

Titles can be misleading. It's the content that matters

Limited quantities of this item may be available at other select conventions in the U.K. and Europe and in stores and online globally, including HasbroPulse.com beginning November 4, 2019.

They clearly state that the toy was going to be released globally, so it isn't a European Convention exclusive. If it was it would only be available at European Conventions which it wasn't. The term exclusive is most often used in reference to a toy (or other item) that was only available at a specific store or venue rather that at standard retail in normal assortments. 

27 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They clearly state that the toy was going to be released globally, so it isn't a European Convention exclusive. If it was it would only be available at European Conventions which it wasn't. The term exclusive is most often used in reference to a toy (or other item) that was only available at a specific store or venue rather that at standard retail in normal assortments. 

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/the-incredible-hulk-gets-a-european-exclusive-marvel-legends-figure/

Again, another story that used the word "exclusive." Did it stay an exclusive? No, but it was being called one when it first was announced/released at the European convention.

Anyway, the grey hulk being considered an exclusive or not was not the the point I was talking about. The point was just about Psylocke and Fantomex being in the 3 pack with Nimrod and being announced the same way as the grey hulk in Europe. Or it could be (but very unlikely) an actual European exclusive, like the European Disney store 5 pack, and we would get different characters with Nimrod.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Your'e fighting the good fight here, but not much you can do when someone wants to willfully misinterpret the meaning of words. By this "reasoning", every SDCC offering is "exclusive to SDCC attendees", since it doesn't matter if said offering is available elsewhere later on.

Also I'm confused by why this is even a thing.  Are we seriously contending that the Nimrod set will be unavailable to collectors in the U.S.? Yeah, OK, sure. That makes a whole lot of sense.  I'd be quite surprised if the Nimrod set was ever intended to be even a con exclusive, period, let alone a European con exclusive.    (obviously con exclusives aren't really gonna be a thing at least for the near future, anyhow)

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Your'e fighting the good fight here, but not much you can do when someone wants to willfully misinterpret the meaning of words. By this "reasoning", every SDCC offering is "exclusive to SDCC attendees", since it doesn't matter if said offering is available elsewhere later on.

Also I'm confused by why this is even a thing.  Are we seriously contending that the Nimrod set will be unavailable to collectors in the U.S.? Yeah, OK, sure. That makes a whole lot of sense.  I'd be quite surprised if the Nimrod set was ever intended to be even a con exclusive, period, let alone a European con exclusive.    (obviously con exclusives aren't really gonna be a thing at least for the near future, anyhow)

What's worrying me, is that Hasbro seem to have no idea how they will release Nimrod. I think they even said something along those lines back at Toy Fair. 

Also I doubt it will be European exclusive just because it was "revealed" on a European website

On 5/31/2020 at 7:01 AM, bashpics99 said:

Also I'm confused by why this is evthing.  Are we seriously contending that the Nimrod set will be unavailable to collectors in the U.S.? Yeah, OK, sure. That makes a whole lot of sense.  I'd be quite surprised if the Nimrod set was ever intended to be even a con exclusive, period, let alone a European con exclusive.    (obviously con exclusives aren't really gonna be a thing at least for the near future, anyhow)

Some people were wondering what the connection between Nimrod, Psylocke, and Fantomex was. My thought was maybe being a European exclusive (also being leaked on Amazon France) would be why those characters were included in the box set. But I was never saying U.S. collectors wouldn't get Nimrod, just a different box set (let's say Nimrod and Dawn of X Xavier and Magneto for example).

19 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Some people were wondering what the connection between Nimrod, Psylocke, and Fantomex was. My thought was maybe being a European exclusive (also being leaked on Amazon France) would be why those characters were included in the box set. But I was never saying U.S. collectors wouldn't get Nimrod, just a different box set (let's say Nimrod and Dawn of X Xavier and Magneto for example).

It's definitely a thought. I hope that isn't the route they go, because I'd actually quite like X-Force Psylocke and Fantomex, but my brother lives in London, so maybe he'd be able to pick them up for me.