What If - Hasbro Did Marvel Legends Retro Live-Action Marvel TV Series Figures?

JayC

4 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Well, if we're going the Electric Company route I'd prefer a Morgan Freeman "Easy Reader" figure.  Although i wouldn't mind a figure for "the Wall"  from Spidey Super Stories, or maybe that Yeti who liked sitting on ice cream cones.

Nah, Mad Scientist would be way better.

Also fun fact, The Wall's story was plotted byb Tom Whedon, father of Joss Whedon and the Wall's first name is Joshua...

5 hours ago, mako said:

No beef, it's a fair question. My only real issue with the MCU is Disney's hard-on for turning everything they touch into bad comedy. I've always held the belief humor (NOT comedy) should flow organically from the story: the flagpole scene in Captain America, Tony learning to fly in Iron Man, etc. Before that, the MCU was the answer to a fan-boy's dreams.

And yes, that is the inimitable Mako. Specifically from his brief recurring role as Li-Sung on The Incredible Hulk. I've been a huge fan of his since I was a kid, that's where I got my handle. I adopted the avatar shortly after his death.

Fair response, and again I can agree on many points you make. 

I can appreciate what the MCU is trying. The comedy in the Thor movies is a bit jarring as Thor isn’t the first guy I think of for laughs. In fact, the argument between Thor and Hulk in Ragnarok when they were prisoners was darn near cringe worthy. But the comedy flows better in Ant- Man and GOTG, can’t see working without going full action comedy.

and it’s not that I am unaware of the cheese that the MCU flicks have, I can overlook it because for so long Marvels best efforts were the types of films mentioned above and at that point they were a distant 2nd to what DC was putting in theaters.

great stuff Mako 

Jay...I don't often disagree with you (brown nose MOMENT) 

But No...just no. I don't see any of these being worthy of Marvel Legends. 

Don't get me wrong...I watched all of em! It just seems like a waste to go too far backwards with the MCU. 

I'm all for obscure characters in Marvel Legends though (more Serpent Society please)  

Now if these were special Market figures like say from Marvel Select I'd say go for it!

I think a Ferigno Hulk seems perfect for a con exclusive.

Back when we got the Marvel Universe Spiderman and his Amazing Friends TRU set- I thought they should do more three-packs based on the cartoons. 

X-men Cartoon - tiger stripe Wolverine, Cyclops with jacket, Jean Grey with pony tail. 

Incredible Hulk - Hulk with the brownish red pants, Bruce Banner, She-Hulk with pink tattered dress.

60s Spiderman - Spidey without the webbing, Doc Ock in purple (which we eventually got anyway), "Vulture Man" or J Jonah Jameson (could come with a cape and alternate head to turn him into the show's version of Magneto)

I wouldnt mind a Spiderman from those shows (either american or Japanese) but I dont think Id much care for any other figure, maybe a dolph lundgren punisher but probably not. If its a matter of making figures from live action stuff previous to the MCU, I'd Rather they do more Marvel X-Men figures (from the first movies, not the crappy ones from first class and after), those upcoming wolverine figures look cool but imagine a Wolverine, Jean, Storm and Cyclops in the black leather suits from the first X-Men movie.

9 hours ago, PushYouDown said:

I think a Ferigno Hulk seems perfect for a con exclusive.

Back when we got the Marvel Universe Spiderman and his Amazing Friends TRU set- I thought they should do more three-packs based on the cartoons. 

X-men Cartoon - tiger stripe Wolverine, Cyclops with jacket, Jean Grey with pony tail. 

Incredible Hulk - Hulk with the brownish red pants, Bruce Banner, She-Hulk with pink tattered dress.

60s Spiderman - Spidey without the webbing, Doc Ock in purple (which we eventually got anyway), "Vulture Man" or J Jonah Jameson (could come with a cape and alternate head to turn him into the show's version of Magneto)

They have done the Scoot/Logan/Jean pack

I really enjoyed the idea behind this thread. It's fun to reflect on the past. However, I would not buy any of those figures. Hoff Fury and Dolph Punisher look cool enough. That Captain America is so goofy though.

I might have to see if I can find those Hulk and Spider-Man episodes though. I remember watching them when the Sci-Fi had them. These shows were campy fun.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, McHogan said:

I assume you already know this but S.H. Figuarts is releasing a figure based on this show

C972F542-3999-4BC6-BDED-7E6E7E261802.jpeg

Yeah, but i dont wanna pay a figuarts price for a figure that i will have on the back of the shelve ... LOL

But i want it!

For me, I'd definitely want and think they should do 

• Bixby/Ferrigno - Hulk 2 pack. Bixby David Banner would be perfect
  • 1970's Nicholas Hammond Peter Parker
  • Dolph Punisher. Hell, that's the one they should've put on the bike
  • Hoff Nick Fury
  • Howard the Duck
  • Daredevil (Trial of the Incredible Hulk)  But definitely not Gimli Kingpin
  • 1990 Captain America movie Red Skull

*Bonus figures

• Jennifer Garner Elektra
  • Wesley Blade re-do
  • Sticky Fingaz Blade
  • Sam Elliott Caretaker

I personally don't see why not.  I think the Marvel Brand has gotten to the point that Hasbro could do or risk doing these designs.  I know for sure that there are some that wouldn't mind some of these versions of characters, and of course, gives them an excuse to help keep some well known name characters being released.

I know a friend of mine who would actually love the 1970's T.V. Movie Cap, incluidng his motocycle, and seethrough window like shield.  Adn many have stated that they would like Bixby Dr. David Banner and Ferrigno Hulk. 

As for the Spidey's well, all they have to do is appear the sequal to Into The Spiderverse animated movie, and they would be set.  Not to mention, Spidey would probably be the easiest, since it would only invovle a modified Spidey head sculpt, with apporate accessoires to complete the look.