Iron Man Vintage wave Wishlist

tarot

At Toyfair, Hasbro heavily hinted that they are planning to do a vintage of wave of Iron Man (and the Fantastic four but for now just think of Iron Man). See the image below. So I wanted to see what figure you would choose for it if you were the one in charge. 

to Make it easier to pick, here are some rules:

1. 6 figure only for the main wave BUT you can add a Fan channel exclusive but this has to be a straight repaint. 
  2. 1 or 2 Iron Man must be in it. He is the title character and the vintage line was mainly full of him. Plus if you look at the Spidey wave there is 2 Peter Parkers.
  3. At least one Female figure.
  4. At Least one Villain But it can also be a female figure as well.
  5. Brand New characters are allowed
  6. Remakes obviously allowed
  7. COMIC figures only. NO MCU. This is a vintage Line after all.

If you are having a hard time deciding you can use this site, https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=115&figures=ironman (a lot of them have already been made so it make it even easier).

95255106_902039360272042_2176134653277110272_n.jpg

Mine:

1. Modular Iron Man - This one is obvious. It was the armor on the vintage packaging and in the show so it should be done.
  2. Hydro Iron Man - one of my favourite and most iconic armor
  3. Century - probably the only way to get him
  4. Mandarin - needs to be made
  5. Force Works Scarlet Witch
  6. Whiplash

I want to put Hypnotia in there but she was a cartoon original and never appearred in the comics.

I went with pretty much characters exclusively in that original line, so many good ones, but added Jocasta since it may be the best place to get her

1. Iron Man (Modular Armor) (the best choice for an Iron Man here)
2. Mandarin
3. Jocasta
4. Titanium Man
5. Dreadknight (re-release with slight color diff from Raft Version)
6. Century

Fan Channel : Stealth Iron Man

A lot of the same ideas but maybe one or two twists...

1.  Modular Armor Iron Man

2.  James Rhodes Iron Man (80th Anniversary body with a flatter red and yellow paint deco; regular helmet, horned helmet, and James Rhodes head)

3.  Mandarin (with alternate green skin head and hands)

4.  Crimson Dynamo (the one we all want)

5.  Blacklash (it is inspired by the Toy Biz figure line)

6.  Director Maria Hill (add in the jet pack from the gray Black Widow and give us a new female S.H.I.E.L.D. figure that doesn’t reuse a Black Widow body)

Fan Channel Exclusive - Stealth Iron Man (80th Anniversary repaint)

9D94E1CA-9713-450D-889B-4CEF59B8CFD9.png

188DED98-CE15-476C-AD72-2485EB577460.jpeg

B08C530A-1EAB-4792-B990-9C84BF3E2DAE.jpeg

1600690A-8C03-432D-B343-467306431A72.jpeg

93CA2EF1-C9B4-44FC-9E07-E2A22321F8DF.jpeg

DBBFA461-AB87-4FC2-9EFC-6D910983D0B6.jpeg

BAD780CB-DF32-4AF1-9911-482A19E92D6C.jpeg

E0BCD27C-FFEB-4C72-8C91-2397302D8A0E.jpeg

0CA21116-72F6-4F1C-8425-E2C1C271CA5A.jpeg

50E4E2DF-13AE-41F5-AF23-8346151FCFFE.jpeg

0AF36D23-52C3-47FB-8476-4FF3E9380373.png

3859D36A-F15C-48A9-A29C-4D646A5E2996.jpeg

• 3 months later...

With the reveal of SCIM today, A future IM wave needs to focus on the "Armor Wars" story arc where Tony goes after armored bad guys & not so bad guys, that Hammer sold Stark's Tech to so they could incorporate into their armor. We got Beetle done, supposedly a Stiltman is in the works as well. Firepower can be the BAF of an "Armor Wars" wave.864732710_IronMan231.thumb.JPG.54755085d25b4091a492a5d87cc1229b.JPG

Firepower-.thumb.jpg.c8f30f46e05d0307e525c46db6d190ff.jpgGuardsman.thumb.gif.d8bdeb9154dee343cb2320a352cb5bd2.gifMAULER.thumb.jpg.63ec63764e329a60b2de258b6343ca4f.jpg2084513104_Titaniummanarmorwars1.thumb.jpg.20881116a1a5b1a6a00042deede624bc.jpg671376965_TitaniummanGremlin3.thumb.jpg.51e3a0d5b16a0db33810b3be64cb8e72.jpg

Iron Man ( either Neo Classic or Modular)

Madame Masque or Masque clone that was honorary Avenger

Tony Stark with briefcase and era specific heads (classic, 90s mullet, modern) AT LEAST which ever heads get made they fit all current Iron Man figures

U.S. Agent Force Works version. Admittedly my least favorite version but this one makes sense in regards to a IM retro wave

Unicorn or classic Living Laser

Stealth Iron Man but go all the way and make the subtle differences like different shoulders, gauntlets and belt

Deluxe: 1st appearance Iron Man with blast effects, alt head. How would they do this ? No idea not my problem, just make it awesome

Iron Man Vintage wave

1. Iron Man - modular armor
  2. Iron Man - first appearance, gray armor
  3. The Mandarin
  4. Madame Masque
  5. Guardsman
  6. Stingray

Exclusive(s)

1. Iron Man: The Golden Avenger - repaint of first appearance in metallic gold ala The Avengers #1
  2. Drunk Iron Man - interchangeable Tony Stark head with five o'clock shadow and sweat beads; also packaged with a bottle of Windsor Canadian whiskey - $79.99

Demon.jpg

IronMangray.jpg

Mandarin.jpg

Madame_Masque.jpg

Guardsman.gif

Stingray.jpg

IronManmod.png

IronMangold.jpg

I'm not into helping with necrothreads, but it's Iron Man. And since it's a vintage wave, I'm keeping this 90s or older.

1. Modular Iron Man

2. Tony Stark with interchangeable heads for different eras of the character (modern, mulleted, classic Bob Layton) and openable briefcase.

3. Madame Masque redo

4. Classic Crimson Dynamo

5. 1990s-2000s Mandarin

6. Classic Ghost

EDIT: Oh man, I just scrolled up and noticed @McHogan and I are in the same wavelength with the Tony Stark with briefcase and era-specific heads.

9 hours ago, ADour said:

I'm not into helping with necrothreads, but it's Iron Man.

1. Modular Iron Man

2. Tony Stark with interchangeable heads for different eras of the character (modern, mulleted, classic Bob Layton) and openable briefcase.

3. Madame Masque redo

4. Classic Crimson Dynamo

5. 1990s-2000s Mandarin

6. Classic Ghost

EDIT: Oh man, I just scrolled up and noticed @McHogan and I are in the same wavelength with the Tony Stark with briefcase and era-specific heads.

Great minds think alike😀

Boy this Modular Armor..just don’t really reel it. Something off about it. Do I remember it was a remote suit for a time when he was paralyzed? And was there a version in Warmachine colors? 

I could very well be confusing eras, comics, cartoons, action figure lines..

This suit was during an era I wasn’t reading comics and never seen more than a few of the animated shows.

out of curiosity, did this armor ever appear in one of Marvels big crossovers that happened 2-3 times a year? I can’t even recall this suit from my TPB collection..

I'm sure a well made Legend figure could turn me around though so bring it on

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Boy this Modular Armor..just don’t really reel it. Something off about it. Do I remember it was a remote suit for a time when he was paralyzed? And was there a version in Warmachine colors? 

I could very well be confusing eras, comics, cartoons, action figure lines..

This suit was during an era I wasn’t reading comics and never seen more than a few of the animated shows.

out of curiosity, did this armor ever appear in one of Marvels big crossovers that happened 2-3 times a year? I can’t even recall this suit from my TPB collection..

I'm sure a well made Legend figure could turn me around though so bring it on

The Modular Armor was preceeded by the Telepresence Armor, which is what Tony used when paralized. It had the same helmeted design as the Modular Armor and the exposed lower torso. The Modular Armor didn't appear in any crossovers or events, unfortunately (though the Telepresence Armor was featured in Infinity Crusade). 

spacer.png

1. Iron Man Modular

2. Sunturion

3. Madame Masque

4. Crimson Dynamo

5. Titanium Man

6. Golden Iron Man (original 60s Stark head, 90's head, Rhodey head)

*Let's hope that whatever version they do, they put as much care and detail in as they did for 80th Anniversary and War Machine armors...

Sunturion.jpg

All I know is that a comic based Ironman wave can go for at least 3-5 waves.  I may be in the minority but I really liked his "Galactic storm" Space armor just as much as I dug his 1st Space armor that he wore when he 1st battled Sunturion. Both are a must have in any future IM waves. His pointy mask version is a must as well!

Iron_Man_Armor_Model_10.jpglatest?cb=20130620055148b267e51d110fa1fab64195dbb7ba9682--iron-m

Y'know, as much as we've been asking for Iron Man waves, I really can't see them happening now. In 2019 we got the individually released 80th anniversary classic Iron Man. In 2020 we've gotten War Machine, Iron Man 2020, and the Silver Centurion armor all as deluxe or Walgreen's exclusives. These would be the lynchpin figures to build the line around and now they've already come out as solo releases. As much as I'd love a retro Iron Man wave, I can't see Hasbro doing it now when the mod armor or stealth armor is the most sought-after figure.