Jump to content
JayC

New Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Retro Spider-Man Kingpin Figure Image

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, IsaiahWayne said:

This is awesome. I thought we would get a black suit Kingpin but this is just as great if not better.

IMO definitely better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Virtualzach said:

I was lucky enough to get all of the Kingpin BAF pieces at non-inflated prices and I'm glad I did.  These re-releases are nice and everything but they never look as good as the original. 

I also feel like it undermines the incentive to complete the BAFs altogether.  With Monster Venom and now Kingpin, I'm sure we can expect to see the same thing happen with other BAFs.  Will I be completing others going forward?  Not if they keep this up.

I agree with your second point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great, glad for all the people who didn't get the BAF and wanted the KIngpin. I already collected the BAF so with all the other figures I want more I will have to Pass on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virtualzach said:

"...I also feel like it undermines the incentive to complete the BAFs altogether...I'm sure we can expect to see the same thing happen with other BAFs..."

I hear this and it does make sense, but can we predict when a BAF will, if ever, be re-released?  Remember that the X-Men Jubilee wave BAF was blah (to me- but since we got the actual Jubilee in her classic costume, I'm happy). The Storm and Cyclops figures from the wave were criminally underproduced, and have otherwise not seen the light of day. 

Then again, quite a few of the BAFs have indeed had a second go and I'd just about guarantee Rhino's on the way. Personally I'd love to see the Lizard, and the Wendigo re-released (but with the JB head instead), but I'm not counting on it. 

Does it undermine collecting the BAFs? I don't have an answer. I know for me, the BAF is not usually what gets me to get the wave; I was stoked to see Sauron but would have gotten all those figures anyway. I really wanted the Kingpin BAF, but the other figures weren't worth it to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that didn't get the BAF, like myself, I wonder how the Shadow King head will look on this Kingpin 🤔🤔🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Sweet, Miller era look!

kingpin_03.jpg

Actually Kingpin's look predated Miller by decades...here is John Romita's work from 1969. Wonder where dude gets his fashion sense from...orange vest, blue cravat, purple pinstripes, white jacket? Wild!!

kp b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Sweet, Miller era look!

kingpin_03.jpg

I also feel this Kingpin will be the one my DD beats up. Not sure why, this version of Fisk screams Daredevil to me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Does it undermine collecting the BAFs? I don't have an answer. I know for me, the BAF is not usually what gets me to get the wave; I was stoked to see Sauron but would have gotten all those figures anyway. I really wanted the Kingpin BAF, but the other figures weren't worth it to me.

For the Kingpin wave it was the exact opposite for me.. I wanted the BAF but none of the figures. I found them all with relative ease, unusual for when I really want a BAF. To an extent, this was true for me with the Wendigo wave, except I kept one or two of the figures..

Hasbro has kicked it up a notch with BAFS, many recent releases have been more desirable to me than the waves. The Avengers waves have been the only recent sets where I wanted entire waves including BAF.

Kingpin, Monster Venom, Wendigo have been BAFS I wanted more than the waves. 2 for 3 on jumping the gun on spending the extra cash only for them to release them again as Exclusives at a fraction of the cost. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the look of the retro kingpin will buy 1 @ least maybe sell one of my other baf kingpins now use this body for the night king head ... its a great look kingpin is one of my favorite bad guys from when i was a kid ... still waiting for a black suit though , thought like many others thats what we would be getting but i cant say no to any actual comic versions of any good characters .... he does look wild in that color scheme though ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McHogan said:

Love this figure with the new colors. My dilemma ( first world problems, I know) is that I don’t feel I need two Kingpins. They got me already with the new Venom re-release.. have to make a choice on this one as well.

But which to keep? the BAF that I collected almost an entire wave of unwanted figures to get or this new version with classic colors

i don’t care about Shadow King, but this guy is so large and heavy  it isn’t feasible to keep both... decision, decisions..

I don’t really desire a Shadow King either, nor do I want to get an extra set of Venom hands to build him, but I figured I’d put the new one with my Spider-Man villains, and leave the old one with my Daredevil/Knights setup. I may also just leave him on the card. Kingpin is such an extensive villain, I don’t think it would be too hard to find room for 2 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's . . . disappointing.

I might have actually gotten it, if for no other reason than because I love the callback to the SM:TAS line aspect, and I could still use the BAF for Shadow King. 

Just not for 30 bucks. I've never been happy with Hasbro's "Deluxe" figure scam. Sticking an extra head and a couple of hands in with an otherwise average ML figure just so they can hike the price AT LEAST 25%. I'm even LESS happy when the "Deluxe Figure" in question is a rerun, forget it. This one, though, they don't even have the decency to slap a Deluxe tag on. It's just a big repeat figure with off-model pants. No thanks.

When did Mattel start working for Hasbro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if it ain't a repaint it ain't Fan Channel, whaddayagonnado? Besides, who else are they gonna make to get use out of this mold? I can't think of any other "fat guy" that quite fits the bill for this one. Some have said Mister Hyde, but naaaa. I think a more muscular, short leg build similar to the forthcoming Strong Guy would be more in order for him.

Either way, I bought one if only to support the cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I agree that Legends is a more expensive line than I'd like it to be, but did you really think Kingpin was going to be the price of a normal figure? First of all, the figure is huge! And secondly, this is easily a $70 price reduction from the going rate for the BAF version. This isn't the "pack in some extra accessories and mark up the price" kind of deluxe figure (in fact, the original BAF had two heads and a cane too, so this doesn't even come with anything additional, beyond the neck redeco), it's the "same size category as the Hulk and Monster Venom" kind. I was pleasantly surprised by $30, considering the current pricing structure. It's cheaper than Archangel or the Hulk were, if I remember correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Benn said:

I mean, I agree that Legends is a more expensive line than I'd like it to be, but did you really think Kingpin was going to be the price of a normal figure? First of all, the figure is huge! And secondly, this is easily a $70 price reduction from the going rate for the BAF version. This isn't the "pack in some extra accessories and mark up the price" kind of deluxe figure (in fact, the original BAF had two heads and a cane too, so this doesn't even come with anything additional, beyond the neck redeco), it's the "same size category as the Hulk and Monster Venom" kind. I was pleasantly surprised by $30, considering the current pricing structure. It's cheaper than Archangel or the Hulk were, if I remember correctly.

Actually, it is the same price as red hulk and Archangel. I do think we are getting less plastic than hulk but more than archangel. Also I understand humans are greedy.  Consumers always want things cheaper and Companies always want more profit. My suggestion is get use to it. Marvel Legends/Power Rangers/Gi Joes are hands down the most bang for your buck and best quality figure for their price point. Also, most of their figures go on sale, I buy lots of figures for $15.00. Makes it easy to pay an extra $10 for the kingpin I've always wanted. People were willing to pay $70-80 on the secondary market but now $30.00 is too much... got it.. And I'm not talking to you specifically, but the community as a whole. 

image.thumb.png.c932068d9dd841cea2a20b17b6a88202.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i can't say i agree with the assertion that this KP is overpriced, especially where it seems like vintage packaging tends to cost hasbro more.  Sure it would be nice to get him for $20 like the Groot re-release but Groot feels like an anomaly at this point.   As someone who mostly cherry picks waves I am all in favor of re-releasing (repainted) BAFs for $30  about 1-1.5 yrs after their wave came out. Hope Rhino gets a release next!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah, i can't say i agree with the assertion that this KP is overpriced, especially where it seems like vintage packaging tends to cost hasbro more.  Sure it would be nice to get him for $20 like the Groot re-release but Groot feels like an anomaly at this point.   As someone who mostly cherry picks waves I am all in favor of re-releasing (repainted) BAFs for $30  about 1-1.5 yrs after their wave came out. Hope Rhino gets a release next!!!

Same here, in fact I'm shocked that people are thinking 30 quid is expensive for a deluxe. I know this guy is going to be around €60 maybe more when he is released over here going by the current prices. Also if people don't want this figure then don't buy it, no-one is forcing you to buy anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mako said:

"...not for 30 bucks. I've never been happy with Hasbro's "Deluxe" figure scam. Sticking an extra head and a couple of hands in with an otherwise average ML figure just so they can hike the price AT LEAST 25%. ...it's just a big repeat figure with off-model pants. No thanks".

 

27 minutes ago, leokearon said:

".....I'm shocked that people are thinking 30 quid is expensive for a deluxe.... Also if people don't want this figure then don't buy it, no-one is forcing you to buy anything."

 Ok, I see both valid points here. I do believe that for the consumer, there has to be a cost cut-off; if Hasbro sees fans willing to pay above current price point X, you better believe they will make that their standard price. At the same time, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

 

 Ok, I see both valid points here. I do believe that for the consumer, there has to be a cost cut-off; if Hasbro sees fans willing to pay above current price point X, you better believe they will make that their standard price. At the same time, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

They can only make it the standard price point it is a standard figure, which the Kingpin is not. For me now €40 is sadly now coming the price for a standard figure, hence I'm cherrypicking waves even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Actually, it is the same price as red hulk and Archangel. I do think we are getting less plastic than hulk but more than archangel. Also I understand humans are greedy.  Consumers always want things cheaper and Companies always want more profit. My suggestion is get use to it. Marvel Legends/Power Rangers/Gi Joes are hands down the most bang for your buck and best quality figure for their price point. Also, most of their figures go on sale, I buy lots of figures for $15.00. Makes it easy to pay an extra $10 for the kingpin I've always wanted. People were willing to pay $70-80 on the secondary market but now $30.00 is too much... got it.. And I'm not talking to you specifically, but the community as a whole. 

image.thumb.png.c932068d9dd841cea2a20b17b6a88202.png

I know Red Hulk's $30, but I could have sworn Archangel was $35 or $40 originally, and I'm sure Grey Hulk and the SDCC Hulk were $35. Either way, my point stands that $30 is a reasonable price for Kingpin if we accept $20 as the price of a standard figure. I agree that Legends are generally some of the best value that can be had for action figures, and I don't think Hasbro is ripping anyone off, but I still wish they were cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They can only make it the standard price point it is a standard figure, which the Kingpin is not. For me now €40 is sadly now coming the price for a standard figure, hence I'm cherrypicking waves even more.

Yeah that's sad and it sounds like price gouging. Its a foolish business model- just think how many more consumers Hasbro could reach there if the price were more reasonable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Benn said:

I know Red Hulk's $30, but I could have sworn Archangel was $35 or $40 originally, and I'm sure Grey Hulk and the SDCC Hulk were $35. Either way, my point stands that $30 is a reasonable price for Kingpin if we accept $20 as the price of a standard figure. I agree that Legends are generally some of the best value that can be had for action figures, and I don't think Hasbro is ripping anyone off, but I still wish they were cheaper.

I agree with you.  $30 is reasonable and normally I don't care for the vintage packaging but I like it here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah that's sad and it sounds like price gouging. Its a foolish business model- just think how many more consumers Hasbro could reach there if the price were more reasonable!

I would love the prices to be reasonable but it is the only place to buy Marvel Legends within about 120 km and it is my local comic shop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I would love the prices to be reasonable but it is the only place to buy Marvel Legends within about 120 km and it is my local comic shop.

 

You should loot! lol. Do they have a high mark up? the comic shops around me add and extra $15, I stopped going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

You should loot! lol. Do they have a high mark up? the comic shops around me add and extra $15, I stopped going. 

I don't think it's a high markup as everything else is reasonable priced. Marvel Legends have always been the most expensive 6 inch figures in Ireland, especially as the main places that sell toys like SMYTHS don't sell Marvel Legends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE