New Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Retro Spider-Man Kingpin Figure Image

JayC

The wholesale prices on Legends are actual garbage. It's basically impossible to make a profit off the line at MSRP. $35, though? That's pushing it. $25 to $30 is what a $20 figure should cost in order for a store to make a comfortable margin. Though, as a consumer, I wouldn't pay that either for most figures. I had to bite the bullet and raise the price of Legends to $21.50 at my store this year. I was actually losing money on sales at $20, let alone on pegwarmers.

I wonder if Hasbro is having their toys shipped to the US from China, then shipping them to the rest of the world. Their prices would probably be a lot better in Europe if they had European fulfillment centers that could receive the goods from China directly. Shipping from China is cheap, but shipping from the US is murderously expensive.

7 minutes ago, Benn said:

The wholesale prices on Legends are actual garbage. It's basically impossible to make a profit off the line at MSRP. $35, though? That's pushing it. $25 to $30 is what a $20 figure should cost in order for a store to make a comfortable margin, though--as a consumer--I wouldn't pay that either for most figures.

I wonder if Hasbro is having their toys shipped to the US from China, then shipping them to the rest of the world. Their prices would probably be a lot better in Europe if they had European fulfillment centers that could receive the goods from China directly. Shipping from China is cheap, but shipping from the US is murderously expensive.

That's probably the reason. Shipping and taxes is the main reason I don't buy much online

I was pretty happy he is only $30, don’t care about the packaging, felt that the Venom and Archangel wereover-priced, even if they were $30 at release..of course this is just my opinion feels like they could get $35-40 for Kingpin ( this guy is heavy, large figure)..don’t feel like Hasbro is taking us on this one

I dont know If I really need a new one, I managed to get a full BAF and also build a second one for Shadowking, Im torn between getting this new one so both charaters are diferent in my displays but I kind of like the BAF look better than this one for Kingpin, I dont know I guess time will tell.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, Satam said:

I didn't realize the collar area could be swapped out on the torso during production.  Or maybe the cravat is an overlay.  Either way, I didn't expect a variant that would look so classic.  Nice.

The collar could be a overlay I dont see Hasbro resculpting the whole chest just for the ascott seeing how everything else is the same (they didnt make a new head just painted the screaming head with damage) so I think itll probably be an extra piece just put on top of the previous chest.

2 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I dont know If I really need a new one, I managed to get a full BAF and also build a second one for Shadowking, Im torn between getting this new one so both charaters are diferent in my displays but I kind of like the BAF look better than this one for Kingpin, I dont know I guess time will tell.

The collar could be a overlay I dont see Hasbro resculpting the whole chest just for the ascott seeing how everything else is the same (they didnt make a new head just painted the screaming head with damage) so I think itll probably be an extra piece just put on top of the previous chest.

Right, that's what I said it probably was, too.