Unofficial X-Men Marvel Legends Poll 2020

leokearon

This was tough, even with the omissions of armoured Psylocke, Senyaka, and Spiral from the choices. What the X-Men are really missing are villain ladies, though, so Amelia Voght, Destiny, and Lady Deathstrike were pretty high on my list. Armor, Chamber, Dust, Exodus, Legion, Longshot, and Pixie rounded out my votes. Blob, Holocaust, Mojo, Toad, and Wolfsbane were all strong considerations, though, and I obviously wouldn't complain about Banshee, either.

21 minutes ago, silverback said:

I say Toad, Fitzroy, Firestar, Pyro. Morph. Mastermind, UNUS, Banshee, Blob and Avalanche. Go old school or go home. Next time make it top 20 so I can pick some more good ones. thanks

That would require me to think of 200 characters to vote from. Also making people vote 10% of the choices means they have to really think about the characters they want

Still so many good X-characters left.

My initial list from the poll was 36 and it was definitely hard to narrow down to 10. I decided to get rid of "most likely" to get figures eventually (Banshee, Lady Deathstryke, Morph, Toad) so the ones that I still want to acquire get votes. So here's my Top 10:

Callisto

Sebastian Shaw

Sage

Destiny

M

Meggan

Legion

Arcade

Rachel Grey

Maggott

It's gonna be funny if Firestar ends up topping the list. She's a mutant, and she's been an X-Man, but I hesitate to think most people consider her an "X-Men character", at least primarily. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm pretty indifferent toward her personally, but I know she's popular. I'd be surprised if she doesn't at least make the top 10.

I wonder if it makes sense to do a separate BAF only poll. Might give Hasbro ideas which BAF they should be tackling.

I can see some characters from even these 2020 polls as BAFs that I would totally pick up over the other BAFs released in recent years. I mean people wishing for AOA Sabretooth as a BAF tells you everything.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

It's gonna be funny if Firestar ends up topping the list. She's a mutant, and she's been an X-Man, but I hesitate to think most people consider her an "X-Men character", at least primarily. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm pretty indifferent toward her personally, but I know she's popular. I'd be surprised if she doesn't at least make the top 10.

So far Firestar is nowhere near topping the list, but anything can happen with these polls

38 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I wonder if it makes sense to do a separate BAF only poll. Might give Hasbro ideas which BAF they should be tackling.

I can see some characters from even these 2020 polls as BAFs that I would totally pick up over the other BAFs released in recent years. I mean people wishing for AOA Sabretooth as a BAF tells you everything.

I may do a BAF only poll at the end of these polls. I want to do a Spidey poll first and I'll see if there is any other ranges I want to do before I do a BAF. Of course some of the characters would work as BAFs, these polls are to see what characters people want, it isn't to make a wave or anoything.

So hard to choose just 10: I ended up choosing most figures I need to complete teams and that I really want but I ll put in here the rest I think should be made soon too but didnt fit my top 10:

Top 10 (alphabetical order):                                     Others I'd Like (In order of Importance):
1) Avalanche                                                                     Rictor
2) Banshee                                                                        Meggan
3) Exodus                                                                           Firestar
4) Feral                                                                               Selene
5) Lady Deatstrike                                                            Deathbird                  
6) Pyro                                                                                Longshot
7) Syrin                                                                               Cyber
8 )Toad                                                                               Fabian Cortez
9) Rachel Grey (Excalibur era)                                        Sebastian Shaw
10) Wolfsbane X-Factor                                                   Legion 
                                                                                            Bastion
                                                                                            X-Cutioner
                                                                                            Trevor Fitzroy
                                                                                            Lady Mastermind                                                                                                                                                     Vulcan
                                                                                            Arcade
                                                                                            Mastermind
                                                                                            Callisto

I know, pretty much everyone.... (Missing in the list Goblin Queen aka Madelyn Pryor and Spiral)

Id also like diferent versions of characters already released like: Clasic Angel, X-Force Archangel, Brotherhood Quicksilver (green outfit), Excalibur era Captain Britain & Shadowcat, Classic White Queen (emma frost), 90's Domino, Blue and yellow suit Cable.

I didnt pick the bigger characters cause I think those should be in a BAF category:
Holocaust, Mojo, Blob (although I dont think the last two need a remake before the others)

Found it odd that Angel wasn't on this list at all, or Lilandra (even though we have a head for her already).

As a side note, I haven't collected X-Men in years. The endless soap operas and deaths/rebirths just got too old for me.  Of the list provided, really only two or three characters have my interest. My choices would be:

1. Banshee (of course)

2. Destiny

3. Shaw

4. Fanotmex

5. Dr. Nemesis

6. Brood

7. Wolfsbane

8. Siryn

9. Selene

10. Pyro

I know very little about the Armor character, who didn't make my list, but I wonder how that would work as a ML figure? Might be worth it to find out.

58 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Found it odd that Angel wasn't on this list at all, or Lilandra (even though we have a head for her already).

As a side note, I haven't collected X-Men in years. The endless soap operas and deaths/rebirths just got too old for me.  Of the list provided, really only two or three characters have my interest. My choices would be:

1. Banshee (of course)

2. Destiny

3. Shaw

4. Fanotmex

5. Dr. Nemesis

6. Brood

7. Wolfsbane

8. Siryn

9. Selene

10. Pyro

I know very little about the Armor character, who didn't make my list, but I wonder how that would work as a ML figure? Might be worth it to find out.

Warren already had a figure with Archangel and Lilandra had a head (and I could care less about her). The list choices are any characters who haven't gotten a figure or it has been ages since they got one 

Dang, lots of tough calls.  I had to leave some hard wants on the table, but this is who I ended up going with.

• Amelia Voght.  I'd love for us to start working our way through the Acolytes.  Voght and Cortez would both be good starting figures for that.  Voght is my personal preference.
  • Arcade.  This guy's too much fun to pass up.  Maybe they'd want to hold him back for a Spider-Man wave, though.  They're going to have to start scraping the sides of the Spidey villain barrel.
  • Avalanche.  Poor Avalanche has never been done in any of his comic-style armors in Legends scale.  That's a crime.  Get him out there!  And yeah, he needs a big, goofy "A" on his chest so that we all know his name.
  • Banshee.  Such a close call on which costume to go with, but green and yellow wins out for me.  Just make sure you follow up with blue & yellow soon after!
  • Brood.  I was really torn between Brood Drones and Hellfire Guards for an Amy-builder, but I've had that Brood Queen figure forever now and she's so lonely.
  • Mastermind.  Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, please!  We can do his Inner Circle look down the line.
  • Meggan.  Let's make some classic Excalibur progress.  Green & black uniform, please.  I never cared for that orange turtleneck thing.
  • Mesmero.  Mesmero's classic look is one of the coolest X-Villain designs.
  • Sebastian Shaw.  The Inner Circle are another group I'd love to get rolling on.  Shaw is a great place to start.  And Hasbro could definitely get some mileage out of his pieces.  Or do him bare-chested.  (Or both!)
  • Toad.  This guy is way, way past overdue.  Plus, he's worn minor variations on his classic costume in several different colors.  Hasbro would have to love the re-issue possibilities there.

Thanks as always for the survey.  It's a lot of fun!

this was really a tough one, so many good choices, I had to just go with my instant gut on this one

anyways heres the picks

Brood

Deathbird

Firestar

Hepzibah

Husk

Lady Deathstrike

M

Meggan

Orphan Maker

Revanche

Honorable mentions to my other quick glance choices : Amanda Sefton, Amelia Voght, Candra, Dust, Lifeguard, Feral, Marrow, Sage and X-cutioner