Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Moon Knight, Spider-Man Retro Wave, Deluxe War Machine and Age Of Apocalypse Official Figure Images

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Even goblins have to go to the optometrist/opthalmologist sometimes! Hasbro has artfully captured on him on his way back from a check-up.

Green glaucoma is no joke, kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff from end to end, and pretty sure that the absence of movie waves isn't hurting anyone. There's nothing here that I don't like or won't be buying.

The announcements were a bit vague, but If I had to bet on the next closed-box army builder, I'd bet the house on a Hellfire Commando. I was a bit surprised about the lack of an AOA discussion, and not even a teaser that there would be further figures past that beautiful AOA Apocalypse, so I'd be very surprised if we got a second AOA wave. Probably they'll opt for a box set, with Sabertooth for sure (AOA Cyclops, Magneto and Bishop would all be extremely easy new heads & redecoes of Jim Lee Cyclops, any version of Magneto and Cloak respectively). The other X-box set would almost certainly be classic New Mutants (released in line with the delayed movie, probably an Amazon exclusive) and with Cannonball (with legs this time), Sunspot, Magma, Cypher/Douglock, Wolfsbane and Karma or Mirage. Again, it's a golden opportunity to knock out repaints/redecos and supplement with existing figures (Warlock, Dani Moonstar, Magik, Karma) who could be cheaply and easily added to make up numbers/limit cost.

Whether it's real or contrived, I love the enthusiasm (and flat out geekiness) of all three guys, their knowledge of the Marvel Universe and eagerness to explore some of the most esoteric and arcane characters (Rock Python, Spy master, Iron Man 2020 etc) way more than Toy Biz ever did. It's cool, because ever since the AOA wave was first revealed, I stopped 'wishlisting', because sooner or later, I think these guys will get round to knocking out versions of even the most obscure characters I've been wanting to see for years, if not decades. Still not sure they will ever get round to a Landslide, Crux & Grey King three-pack, but a guy can dream... 

No toy line is perfect (especially one that has been this prolific over such a long time) but Hasbro are getting a lot more right than they are wrong, and it does seem that they listen to dorks with cash. So, thank you Hasbro - good work. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Green glaucoma is no joke, kids.

And smoking the green will help with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 1:48 AM, Air-Walker said:

I usually Pre-Order things from Amazon's US site. Yes, the exchange is making it a bit pricier, but for the past two years I've rarely needed to complete an order from them, since I find Amazon Canada's been getting better at getting stuff.....eventually. I basically just pre-order from Amazon.com as back-up. If neither pan out, there's also ebgames, and CMDstore, which has a retail outlet in Montreal. Their shipping is a bit high I find, so (in normal times) I just have my orders delivered there to pick-up. How's about you?

I usually try to get them in-store to avoid shipping my spot tends to be my local EBgames  but when it comes to ordering online Northmen Collectibles, Canucktibles and Toys R Us, and sometimes EB Games, I was just curious if you knew about a place I didn't that's good in Canada to order from, I try not to order from Anywhere not located in Canada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So. Giant leg for possible Sentinel baf shown. Think I heard JC say its gonna run $500.00 for the completed figure. I couldn't justify spending that, but how much do you all think it will be, and how much you willing to pay?

leg.jpg

sem.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sentinel (or Master Mold) is Haslab, so it'll probably be about $500 if that leg belongs to it. The "biggest BAF of all time", which may or may not be the same thing, is still very much an unknown. We've been given a few clues, but they lead to a variety of possible explanations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

So. Giant leg for possible Sentinel baf shown. Think I heard JC say its gonna run $500.00 for the completed figure. I couldn't justify spending that, but how much do you all think it will be, and how much you willing to pay?

leg.jpg

Given it's size and since it is Haslab it will probably be around $500. 

I won't be buying it anyways, I hate Haslab and I won't have the money or room for it anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am excited for new Spidey figure and Gwen, but damn spideys pegs do stick out, it especially sad when you realize that pegless war machine was announced along with him, when it’s clear that pegless tech is far more usefull for Spidey than WN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm most intrigued by the "Biggest BAF Ever" comments. I've been of the opinion that Hasbro could have gone to the roto casting or hollow casting to do some of the ultra large figures for some time now, similar to what Mattel did with some of the CNC figures in the DCUC line, like Kilowog and Arkillo, which were pretty much all hollow except for the hands, feet, head and joints. Either of those techniques could save massive amounts of material to keep costs down. Sure, many of the BAF's of the current size need solid arms and legs for strength and stability, but maybe doing something like a "hollow" Celestial is totally do-able. Even vehicles like the Hellcharger and the Punisher van would be made basically out of panels (hopefully a little thicker than those paper thin MCU Vulture Wings) which wouldn't consume much material at all. The major question would be what they might have to change for the packaging because, as we saw with Sugarman, it can be a little restrictive for the BAF.

The major reasoning I can put behind a Celestial is for the Eternals wave. The truth is, no matter how myself or anyone else tries to convince ourselves that we want to see this movie, the interest can only be lukewarm at best. It just doesn't have a pop, so what I'm convinced they are going to do with this movie is fill it with Easter Eggs and Cameo's of long awaited characters (X-Men, F4, Ghost Rider, Etc.) and start to tease it as the movie release gets closer to insinuate, much like Captain Marvel, that this is "must see" required reading for the future of the MCU. I don't fault Marvel for that. Myself, I'm gonna see it anyway, but for those that might be on the fence a little push from Wolvie or Johnny Blaze never hurt anyone. The Eternals ML wave would need a similar push and a big honking BAF like a Celestial might be just what the doctor ordered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm most intrigued by the "Biggest BAF Ever" comments. I've been of the opinion that Hasbro could have gone to the roto casting or hollow casting to do some of the ultra large figures for some time now, similar to what Mattel did with some of the CNC figures in the DCUC line, like Kilowog and Arkillo, which were pretty much all hollow except for the hands, feet, head and joints. Either of those techniques could save massive amounts of material to keep costs down. Sure, many of the BAF's of the current size need solid arms and legs for strength and stability, but maybe doing something like a "hollow" Celestial is totally do-able. Even vehicles like the Hellcharger and the Punisher van would be made basically out of panels (hopefully a little thicker than those paper thin MCU Vulture Wings) which wouldn't consume much material at all. The major question would be what they might have to change for the packaging because, as we saw with Sugarman, it can be a little restrictive for the BAF.

The major reasoning I can put behind a Celestial is for the Eternals wave. The truth is, no matter how myself or anyone else tries to convince ourselves that we want to see this movie, the interest can only be lukewarm at best. It just doesn't have a pop, so what I'm convinced they are going to do with this movie is fill it with Easter Eggs and Cameo's of long awaited characters (X-Men, F4, Ghost Rider, Etc.) and start to tease it as the movie release gets closer to insinuate, much like Captain Marvel, that this is "must see" required reading for the future of the MCU. I don't fault Marvel for that. Myself, I'm gonna see it anyway, but for those that might be on the fence a little push from Wolvie or Johnny Blaze never hurt anyone. The Eternals ML wave would need a similar push and a big honking BAF like a Celestial might be just what the doctor ordered.

Agree with all of this.   Eternals is gonna need all the hype it can get, as i think many more casual fans will view Endgame as a satisfactory conclusion to the MCU,  Other than Spidey's identity being exposed and Star Lord's pursuit of Gamora, feels like there isn't anything else that needs to be wrapped up.   Of course i plan to see both Widow and eternals myself, but not as pumped up as i was for the earlier phase movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Hasbro doing another Fan First Friday for May 29th? And if so, any idea what's it going to be about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Is Hasbro doing another Fan First Friday for May 29th? And if so, any idea what's it going to be about?

No. they haven't announced if they are doing one of their other brands yet but they are definitely not doing Marvel. The next reveal will be on Monday for Marvel Monday with a Fan Channel exclusive BUT this might not be a figure and could be a prop or board game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tarot said:

No. they haven't announced if they are doing one of their other brands yet but they are definitely not doing Marvel. The next reveal will be on Monday for Marvel Monday with a Fan Channel exclusive BUT this might not be a figure and could be a prop or board game.

 

Thanks for the info. I will be disappointed if it's not a figure for the Fan Channel Exclusive. I already can't wait for more legends news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tarot said:

No. they haven't announced if they are doing one of their other brands yet but they are definitely not doing Marvel. The next reveal will be on Monday for Marvel Monday with a Fan Channel exclusive BUT this might not be a figure and could be a prop or board game.

 

Hopefully they will do a Fan First Friday for Transformers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 12:07 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I usually try to get them in-store to avoid shipping my spot tends to be my local EBgames  but when it comes to ordering online Northmen Collectibles, Canucktibles and Toys R Us, and sometimes EB Games, I was just curious if you knew about a place I didn't that's good in Canada to order from, I try not to order from Anywhere not located in Canada

Totally understand, but you helped me out though; never heard of Canucktibles; I'll check them out. And I totally agree, I too prefer to keep things in the home yard whenever possible, so to speak. Alas for that exchange rate! Hopefully it goes down again some day soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moon Knight is kinda back in stock. If you go here at least this very minute you can hit the pre-order and it seems to work

https://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=marvel legends

The funny thing though is if you actually click on the figure it then says out of stock. Not sure whats up but it did actually let me put one in my cart from the main screen linked above (again right now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that didn't last long, now its not working anymore. I'd keep checking it periodically though if you still want the figure. The website seems super flaky for this one but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JayC said:

Well that didn't last long, now its not working anymore. I'd keep checking it periodically though if you still want the figure. The website seems super flaky for this one but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Give it another week or 2 and it will be back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also worked fine all day yesterday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the Gods of Plastic I hope EBgames in Canada get's Moon Knight! Really excited for these figures overall though! Does anyone know if Hasbro has more reveals on the way? I remember them saying at Toyfair that they still had a lot of stuff for the year to show (and for the love of mercy, please let us have a Machine Man 2020 to square off against IM 2020!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the looks of things, I'm most be one of the few, who doesn't care about getting Moonknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 6:53 AM, bashpics99 said:

Agree with all of this.   Eternals is gonna need all the hype it can get, as i think many more casual fans will view Endgame as a satisfactory conclusion to the MCU,  Other than Spidey's identity being exposed and Star Lord's pursuit of Gamora, feels like there isn't anything else that needs to be wrapped up.   Of course i plan to see both Widow and eternals myself, but not as pumped up as i was for the earlier phase movies.

I honestly cant see why Marvel is bothering with an Eternals movie when there are so very many other characters they could do, not to mention concentrate on beefing up what they already have. Besides, the pictures I've seen, the characters don't look anything like the Eternals from the comics. At least most of the MCU properties made an effort there. But maybe Eternals will be their answer/place holder to the FF, like Inhumans was the answer to the X-Men.

And that turned out so well right?

All jokes aside, I may not be pumped for Eternals right now, but I can be optimistic. They certainly have a lot of work ahead of them.

ik.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:40 AM, McHogan said:

Man that went fast. Already sold out. Hopefully they run another pre-order, really want this guy but shudder to think of paying scalper prices.

have had luck with every Walgreens exclusive except Mystique, fingers crossed I can get MK without dropping my budget on one character

 

mimg01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I honestly cant see why Marvel is bothering with an Eternals movie when there are so very many other characters they could do, not to mention concentrate on beefing up what they already have. Besides, the pictures I've seen, the characters don't look anything like the Eternals from the comics. At least most of the MCU properties made an effort there. But maybe Eternals will be their answer/place holder to the FF, like Inhumans was the answer to the X-Men.

And that turned out so well right?

All jokes aside, I may not be pumped for Eternals right now, but I can be optimistic. They certainly have a lot of work ahead of them.

ik.jpg

Apologies for continuing to steer this thread off topic, but my (admittedly uninformed) guess is that the original intention was to do an Inhumans movie.  however Ike screwed that up with his terrible Inhuman tv series, so they instead took whatever ideas they had for Inhumans and adapted them for the  Eternals.   Granted, marvel has demonstrated they can make hay with obscure characters, but generally those obscure characters have at least some sort of fanbase among comic fans (e.g., the modern GotG). I can come up with some comic stories i enjoyed that featured the Inhumans, but i'm pretty hard pressed to come up with many stories where the eternals really made an impression, outside of Sersi joining the avengers for awhile (which i never read anyhow). Even the Gaiman story really didn't do much for me.  Of course others mileage may vary. Plus  the Inhumans are just much more interesting visually.  But I'm trying to keep an open mind about the Eternals movie and certainly plan to see it, just wish phase 4 was starting off with more of a bang to keep the fan base pumped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE