What newer costumes should Legends tackle?

Benn

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

That was one of the reasons. One of big reasons (especially for Spider-man as revealed by Tom DeFalco) was the fact they had literally ran out of ideas. They hadn't a clue of what do with the characters (like a massive case of Writer's Block) and we all know where that went for Spidey.

Well you can't talk about the Marvel Spawn Bandwagon without Nightwatch

spacer.png

Wow, even more of a Spawn rip off! Yeah, 90s Marvel was some dark times that led to the company filing for bankruptcy in 99'. 

18 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Wow, even more of a Spawn rip off! Yeah, 90s Marvel was some dark times that led to the company filing for bankruptcy in 99'. 

Yeah but Night Watch is so damn cool regardless of him being a super huge Spawn Rip, I wish we could get a Night Watch Legend.

Man, the rose-coloured glasses in this thread are thick. There are loads of great modern costumes and loads of great modern stories, along with plenty of underwhelming modern efforts. But, the same has been true throughout all of Marvel's history. I think my love of 70s and (especially) 80s X-Men is pretty well-documented at this point, but 60s X-Men is completely unreadable. Stan Lee was a brilliant guy, whose character contributions cannot be over-stated, but man was that early writing rough. Likewise, there are lots of incredible early costumes, lots of terrible ones, lots of significant modern improvements on classic costumes, lots of failed updates, and lots of brand new modern costumes, with varying degrees of success. There are eras I like better than others on average, but there has never been an era that's all trash or all treasure, and to assert otherwise just comes across as closed-minded.

16 hours ago, Benn said:

And yet, the 90s Marvel Legends are some of the most prevalent and popular.

Who, the mutants possibly, that's about all I could think of & I was never a fan of the giant shoulder pads, tons of belts & tons of guns that Liefeld brought to the table. That was mostly done to cover up for the fact that the guy couldn't draw worth a damn & still can't!