What newer costumes should Legends tackle?

Benn

I know this board has a lot of diehard classic fans, and this thread probably isn't for them, but there are a lot of great, more modern costumes too. Which ones would you like to see made into Legends? I don't really have a specific timeframe in mind, but they don't necessarily need to be up-to-the-minute current looks (though they can be). I'm just thinking of the modern era in general, which some might honestly extend back more than 20 years. Here's who I'd love to see.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

40 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I think this is too similar to the upcoming X-men Legacy Rogue we're supposed to be getting this year, so if it were up to me if we were to get another Rogue that's newer (edit: I just googled this pink costume and it's from '97 lol), I'd rather get her Shi'ar uniform:

rogue.jpg

It's not too similar to the Legacy Rogue, that's her awful Uncanny Avengers outfit which is closer to her original Brotherhood costume. Shiar Rogue would be cool; Maybe in a two pack with Shiar Trish Tilby

latest?cb=20151129214512

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

It's not too similar to the Legacy Rogue, that's her awful Uncanny Avengers outfit which is closer to her original Brotherhood costume. 

Meh. Both are green with white lining (She also wore it during Bachalo's run in the 350's.) It's plenty similar. The only big differences are the size of the whites and the X symbols all over. The point is Hasbro is highly unlikely to release two similar-looking costumes so close together.

I agree though both are awful lol

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Shiar Rogue would be cool; Maybe in a two pack with Shiar Trish Tilby

latest?cb=20151129214512

Would be nice.

7 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Meh. Both are green with white lining (She also wore it during Bachalo's run in the 350's.) It's plenty similar. The only big differences are the size of the whites and the X symbols all over. I agree though both are awful lol

Would be nice.

I like the Legacy Rogue.  I hate the Uncanny Avengers costume

I think the Legacy one is fine, but I really like Rogue in a hood for some reason. There's a hybrid version of those two outfits from later Uncanny Avengers, which is fine too, but I don't know. The one above is my favourite (though, admittedly, not a great picture). What do I know, though? I also like this Sunfire costume, so I'm clearly wired wrong.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Benn said:

I think the Legacy one is fine, but I really like Rogue in a hood for some reason. There's a hybrid version of those two outfits from later Uncanny Avengers, which is fine too, but I don't know. The one above is my favourite (though, admittedly, not a great picture). What do I know, though? I also like this Sunfire costume, so I'm clearly wired wrong.

spacer.png

Aggh 90's Sunfire

Definitely on Uncanny Avengers Rogue, Dawn of X Wolverine, DoX Professor X. Is that Beat's latest mutation?
Totally need that Scarlet Witch
Iron Man 2020 (Earth 616)
Blade (Avengers costume)
Satana (Strikeforce)
Wiccan (Modern)
Hulkling (Emperor Dorrek VIII)
All-Father Herald of Thunder, Thor
All-Black Silver Surfer
DoX Cyclops
DoX Magneto
DoX Apocalypse
Merged Sentry
Shang-Chi (Tracksuit)
Black Knight (Modern)
Devil Hulk (Immortal)

4 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Is that Beat's latest mutation?

It's the tail-end of his feline stage, from Wolverine & the X-Men and for a little thereafter. I'm not big on Bachalo (who, I think, created the look), and W&tXM was just not my cup of tea at all, but I really like the sort of steampunk mechanic look for Beast.

Some costumes that are new that come to mind I'd like to see in Legends form (and two oldies) would be..

Domino (Marvel Now)
Captain Britain (Betsy) & Psylocke (X-Men Dissassmbled)
Jean Grey (X-Men Red)
Wasp (Uncanny Avengers)
Falcon (Legacy) (even if we get a Classic I would like to see this costume as well)
Gamora (Space Armor) & All New All Different
Yellowjacket (Darren Cross) (Marvel Now)
Angela (All New All Different)
Scarlet Witch (Uncanny Avengers & All New All Different) (although similar both are good)
Black Cat (Claws)
Blackbolt (All New All Different)

Some Oldies

Dr. Strange Paradox

Firestar (New Warriors 90's) (even if we finally get a firestar fig, I'd like this outfit as well)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

On 5/17/2020 at 12:36 AM, Benn said:

I know this board has a lot of diehard classic fans, and this thread probably isn't for them, but there are a lot of great, more modern costumes too. Which ones would you like to see made into Legends? I don't really have a specific timeframe in mind, but they don't necessarily need to be up-to-the-minute current looks (though they can be). I'm just thinking of the modern era in general, which some might honestly extend back more than 20 years. Here's who I'd love to see.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Agree with all of these, and I'll add
R68q31o.jpga047yPn.jpgBYHcdsG.jpg

Some modern costumes I'd love to see Hasbro tackle are:

• Loki: Agent of Asgard: Loki is a fairly popular character, who has a big role in many recent stories and events, and he's been wearing this outfit (or variations of it) since 2013. I feel the biggest obstacle in Hasbro's part is the amount of new tooling it would require. Would be neat if the figure came with a removable coat and interchangeable arms for the coat-less look.
  • Hawkeye: Hasbro already did this costume, but the figure was pretty mediocre and it represented the tactical interpretation of this outift rather than the better-known David Aja-penned casual version. Think of the Marvel Select Modern Hawkeye, but scaled down.
  • Extremis Iron Man: Is this cheating? I mean, the Extremis Armor was made over 15 years ago, but Tony has gone back to it.
  • Ultron Pym: I love this version of the character, and I think it would be amazing if Hasbro tackled it. It could come with three alternate heads: Hank Pym, Ultron and half-and-half.
  • Captain Marvel: Ever since Hasbro did a Carol Captain Marvel figure, her costume has taken a subtly more tactical approach. I think Hasbro could also put more budget into the tooling and have the seams and panel-lining textured instead of just pained on. For accessories, it could come with long hair, short hair and helmeted heads.
  • Doctor Strange: A new figure of Strange's classic costume would probably take precedence, but his current look is pretty similar, with the biggest difference that it trades the yoga pants for jeans and shoes.
  • Ironheart: A new character technically also entails a new costume, right?
  • Thor: Herald of Thunder: To be honest, I'm not a Thor fan, but I believe the most prominent characters should always have their most recent wardrobe represented in plastic form as soon as possible.
  • Iron Man 2020: It was neat of Hasbro to make a figure of classic Iron Man 2020 in 2020, but I'd rather get a figure for the Arno Stark that is currently prominent in the comics.

And I'm not even an X-Men fan, but I feel like it's due time Hasbro makes some figures for Dawn of X, namely Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey at the very least.

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Still want an Astonishing X-Men Wolverine updated on the most recent mold.

Me too. I had Dawn of X Wolverine among my picks already, though, and didn't want to contribute to Wolverine fatigue. I would say those two looks and training outfit Wolverine have to be pretty high on the list of costumes to tackle, and there's no chance they'll slow down on new Wolverine figures.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

I know it's not considered "modern" but I would like hasbro to tackle the X-Treme X-men if only so that the Gambit and Rogue figure Toybiz gave wouldn't seem out of place. Plus I really want a Sage figure, totally under used character.

They may be close to 20 years old, but I'd probably call those modern-ish. I'd love a Sage too.

22 hours ago, Benn said:

Me too. I had Dawn of X Wolverine among my picks already, though, and didn't want to contribute to Wolverine fatigue. I would say those two looks and training outfit Wolverine have to be pretty high on the list of costumes to tackle, and there's no chance they'll slow down on new Wolverine figures.

Yup, they need to do the training outfit. For Wolverine and all the other X-Men from the iconic Jim Lee cover.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:11 AM, Benn said:

spacer.png

My brother had this guy in the 90's Toy-Biz line. It's funny they made a toy of him since he hardly wore it. It looks cool enough for a figure in my book!

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 3:13 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

I think this is too similar to the upcoming X-men Legacy Rogue we're supposed to be getting this year, so if it were up to me if we were to get another Rogue that's newer (edit: I just googled this pink costume and it's from '97 lol), I'd rather get her Shi'ar uniform:

rogue.jpg

I was never a fan of these looks, which is sad because I loved Joe Mad and this was his swan's song.