Moon Knight Pre-Order back up now!

monron999

All of this Moon Knight talk is making me real itchy for this figure, And so far we have no announcements here in Canada about when and where we will be able to buy this, this is my most wanted Legend of the year, so jealous of all you people securing your pre-orders

On 5/29/2020 at 12:09 AM, Gigantor said:

Wonder when the all powerful version that can beat up Thor is gonna be coming out? Whatta joke Marvel comics writers have become. Stan must be convulsing in his grave.

Not familiar with that version of Moon Knight. Sounds terrible but for ease sake, care to give a break down?

On 5/28/2020 at 11:09 PM, Gigantor said:

Wonder when the all powerful version that can beat up Thor is gonna be coming out? Whatta joke Marvel comics writers have become. Stan must be convulsing in his grave.

19 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Not familiar with that version of Moon Knight. Sounds terrible but for ease sake, care to give a break down?

I'll second that. I dropped off the Moon Knight train long ago so I'm sure I missed this story arch. It sounds ridiculous, but right up Marvel's BS alley. 

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

Current Avengers writer Jason Aaron had Moon Knight pull a heel turn in issue #33 of his current run and take on the Avengers. It seems like it's for a good cause since Khonshu mentions preparing Marc to save the world from Mephisto. The issue makes it seem that Khonshu is giving Marc quite the power boost to go with it as well.

The whole deal of Moon Knight beating up Thor is not quite as click-bait and old-man-yells-at-a-cloud-soundy as Gigantor put it, but it's still a bit of an ass-pull. The issue establishes that Uru is a vestige from creation, it's rubble from the very first "orb of the night," as Moon Knight puts it, therefore it's made from material of the first "moon," which gave him (through Khonshu, who is the god of the Moon) the ability to control Mjolnir (from a distance, without lifting it). Moon Knight uses Mjolnir to hurl Thor into space, and then crushes him with other moons he has summoned.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, Gigantor said:

I think Stan would find it more nauseating for people to pretend they know what he'd think about a dumb comic story and use him to complain about it accompanied with imagery of his convulsing body, especially considering how outright silly the stuff he used to write was and that he was a firm believer of the principle that in a fight, whichever character the writer wants to win will win.

11 hours ago, ADour said:

Current Avengers writer Jason Aaron had Moon Knight pull a heel turn in issue #33 of his current run and take on the Avengers. It seems like it's for a good cause since Khonshu mentions preparing Marc to save the world from Mephisto. The issue makes it seem that Khonshu is giving Marc quite the power boost to go with it as well.

The whole deal of Moon Knight beating up Thor is not quite as click-bait and old-man-yells-at-a-cloud-soundy as Gigantor put it, but it's still a bit of an ass-pull. The issue establishes that Uru is a vestige from creation, it's rubble from the very first "orb of the night," as Moon Knight puts it, therefore it's made from material of the first "moon," which gave him (through Khonshu, who is the god of the Moon) the ability to control Mjolnir (from a distance, without lifting it). Moon Knight uses Mjolnir to hurl Thor into space, and then crushes him with other moons he has summoned.

Wow, I was right that DOES sound terrible haha. Moon Knight is an odd one for characterization because depending on who is writing him, he is either delusional or sane. Ultra violent or “normal” violent ( ala DD or Spidey). Khonshu is real or isn’t. Always had a soft spot for MK but writers really don’t know what they want to do with him. 

My all time favorite, the Black Knight, unfortunately suffers from the same writers crutch. A single aspect of his character, in BK’s case, the insanity from the cursed ebony blade. One writer has him overwhelmed by the curse while another sees him conquer its effects. But, for some  reason every writer uses the curse when they create the Black Knight story. I feel like if BK had a 100 + issue run writers would be forced to stop falling back on that crutch. Granted BK isn’t on the level of Spidey or Cap but if he ever got more than mini series or short run the whole curse thing would just be an arc and not all that defines his character. It would be like Tony Stark’s alcoholism, it’s always there but every Iron Man story isn’t about it. 

In the case of MK, we get it, he has ill defined mental issues. Would love to see a writer tackle ANY other aspect of his character

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, xBandit said:

Any Canadians hear about a release date yet? 

Nope nothing, and believe me I check everyday to make sure, I need this damn figure!

I'm hoping it's an EB exclusive (as Wal-Greens exclusives virtually always are in Canada) , so here's to hoping we actually get it up on the site to pre-order soon

14 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Nope nothing, and believe me I check everyday to make sure, I need this damn figure!

I'm hoping it's an EB exclusive (as Wal-Greens exclusives virtually always are in Canada) , so here's to hoping we actually get it up on the site to pre-order soon

Yeah, I keep checking the EB website, unfortunately it is brutal to try and find anything, it is not a well managed inventory. I only found Ironman 2020 by accident recently, it doesn't come up when you search marvel legends!