New Marvel Legends 2020 Deadool Strong Guy Build-A-Figure Wave Fully Revealed

JayC

20 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm guessing the green Deadpool is the 2 per case? It's green right? I'm not crazy?

Lol. You're not crazy. He does look distinctly more green than blue, but technically I think he's blue. I think between him and Warpath they're recreating the early Hasbro DP/WP two pack. I'm sure an X-Force grey and black. WP is somewhere in the works. Speaking of Warpath, he's the only figure I have any concern with. Consistently, he is shown to be as large as Colossus, if not larger, even after his power set was changed, but this figure seems too small, and if he is indeed using the Omega Red buck, then he will be. Not a huge deal breaker but it seems just a little off, especially if the source material is based off 90's design. He certainly looks good, though. Even better than his first reveal at NYCC.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Lol. You're not crazy. He does look distinctly more green than blue, but technically I think he's blue. I think between him and Warpath they're recreating the early Hasbro DP/WP two pack. 

Yea I've seen that Warpath two-pack and I've always thought that costume was "green" so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

It's definitely blue. It's based on the X-Men uniform the X-Men dressed him up in as a gag in Cable & Deadpool.

1669183-1315010_xpool_super.jpg

Got it. I don't think I've ever seen that costume outside of the ML Warpath two-pack mentioned above so now my thought is: that color of the ML figure doesn't match with the color of the costume from that comic page.

unnamed.jpg

9 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Good ol' Black Tom is all I'm interested in; he'll look great standing next to his BFF, Juggy on my shelf! These Deadpools though..He's like the new Wolverine, or Batman figures from the 90s, coming in all colours under the rainbow for all his many different action-suits, lol. Is he really that popular in comics these days to warrant so many variations?

In Marvel's eyes, yes he is and there are still many DP variants they can still do

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

Here is some official Hi-Res images. These will go up for Pre-order later today.

shiklah.jpg

sunspot.jpg

warpathtemp01.jpg

blacktomtemp01.jpg

deadpooltemp01.jpg

deadpooltemp02.jpg

mavericktemp01.jpg

Soooo.....I suppose since Warpath's figure is based on his 90's X-Force iteration, where he was purely the heavy hitter on the team, he will not be coming with his trademark Vibranium Knives? That being the case, what's the point of including the alternate grip hands? Not that extra hands, or any accessory, are a bad thing, it just makes the inclusion of them seem like they forgot to include something to use them with. Another indication that Grey/Black WP is on the way, I suppose. Maybe in a two pack with a more classic looking Domino, possibly? Maybe?

In other observations, I guess instead of making a new realistic looking gun, ol' DP gets a new Nerf gun. Looks like Maverick falls victim to the old "two guns, one holster" phenomenon. Shiklah seems to be making use out of the Walgreens Emma mold, just sucks that somehow all the female characters' power sets and poses seem to correlate with the same old conjuring hands. If these figures are in scale to the BAF parts Guido looks to be a lot bigger than I initially thought, as his torso is almost as tall as Sunspot. Also the fact that Black Tom actually comes with Strong Guy's back gives me confidence that his signature top-heaviness will be well translated.

Not to drag the wave or any of the characters down. I actually think it's a very good wave with great variety, but have to point out some of the issues I see right out front. I'm actually really bothered by Shiklah's hands. Those things need to be put to bed already.

31 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Soooo.....I suppose since Warpath's figure is based on his 90's X-Force iteration, where he was purely the heavy hitter on the team, he will not be coming with his trademark Vibranium Knives? That being the case, what's the point of including the alternate grip hands? Not that extra hands, or any accessory, are a bad thing, it just makes the inclusion of them seem like they forgot to include something to use them with. Another indication that Grey/Black WP is on the way, I suppose. Maybe in a two pack with a more classic looking Domino, possibly? Maybe?

In other observations, I guess instead of making a new realistic looking gun, ol' DP gets a new Nerf gun. Looks like Maverick falls victim to the old "two guns, one holster" phenomenon. Shiklah seems to be making use out of the Walgreens Emma mold, just sucks that somehow all the female characters' power sets and poses seem to correlate with the same old conjuring hands. If these figures are in scale to the BAF parts Guido looks to be a lot bigger than I initially thought, as his torso is almost as tall as Sunspot. Also the fact that Black Tom actually comes with Strong Guy's back gives me confidence that his signature top-heaviness will be well translated.

Not to drag the wave or any of the characters down. I actually think it's a very good wave with great variety, but have to point out some of the issues I see right out front. I'm actually really bothered by Shiklah's hands. Those things need to be put to bed already.

The hands issue is probably a problem with how female characters are created, right? They tend to have abstract powers. Did Rogue have fists? She-Hulk? Do you just want a redesign, or should they have their "power effect" attached to them? Just curious, since you are so agitated by them and I think they are fine.

And it looks like Maverick has two holsters, but I may be mistaken. I like that they gave him his comic accurate guns.

Excited for the Strong Guy BAF to add to my 90s X-Factor team display! Deciding on whether to by the whole wave and sell off the figures I don't want, or buy the figures I want and by the BAF pieces needed separately. I see some people are doing both approaches. I only want to keep three figures from this wave. Which approach is the best to take?

1 hour ago, Chunkylover said:

The hands issue is probably a problem with how female characters are created, right? They tend to have abstract powers. Did Rogue have fists? She-Hulk? Do you just want a redesign, or should they have their "power effect" attached to them? Just curious, since you are so agitated by them and I think they are fine.

And it looks like Maverick has two holsters, but I may be mistaken. I like that they gave him his comic accurate guns.

Maverick only has one Holster on his Right, on his left is just a pouch

Yesterday we gave you a first look at these, and now Hasbro has officially released hi-res loose and packaged images for all the figures in the upcoming Marvel Legends 6" Deadpool wave which you can pre-order now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The wave includes Black Tom Cassidy, Sunspot, Warpath, X-Men Deadpool, Pirate Deadpool, Shiklah and Maverick.

Shiklah includes Gwenpool's Landshark known as Jeff.

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-05.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-04.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-03.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-02.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-01.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-06.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-07.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-08.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-09.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-10.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-11.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-12.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-13.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-14.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-15.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-16.jpg

Deadpool-Wave-Strong-Guy-BAF-17.jpg

I am still loving this wave, def going to pre-order this as soon as I can, only concerns are with Shiklah, her face...hmm hopfully it will look better when released but something about it, her features look at bit "strong" less pretty as I was hoping, also I know her heels are comic accurate but.. I hate heels on ML figs, they never stand..would have preferred the flat foot, but hey...it's just Emma frost re-painted with a new head and storm's cape. other weird thing is why give Shiklah Jeff? when she has her own pet dragon demon Bug? , I mean I guess it's a way to make people want to buy her.. by giving her a fun gwen-pool character.. but odd

Warpaths proportions look odd to me. Could just be the oh-so-90s shoulder pads. Sunspot is a little off to me too but I think it’s just his colors. Again, comic accurate but it’s not a iconic costume by any stretch.

Strong Guy is.. an odd design. He would fit in with The Incredibles where top heavy strong men with tiny twig legs are the norm. Is this intentional due to a mutation or just a cartoony take on him?

You guys called it, a very quirky wave. Fun but not my cup of tea. Glad for those who are looking forward to this wave.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Warpaths proportions look odd to me. Could just be the oh-so-90s shoulder pads. Sunspot is a little off to me too but I think it’s just his colors. Again, comic accurate but it’s not a iconic costume by any stretch.

Strong Guy is.. an odd design. He would fit in with The Incredibles where top heavy strong men with tiny twig legs are the norm. Is this intentional due to a mutation or just a cartoony take on him?

You guys called it, a very quirky wave. Fun but not my cup of tea. Glad for those who are looking forward to this wave.

Strong guy had odd proportions in the comics as well. Jim Lee drew him best but yes he has a large upper body and smaller legs. Never was a fan of his name but I need the figure for my display of 90's Mutants.