New Marvel Legends 2020 Deadool Strong Guy Build-A-Figure Wave Fully Revealed

JayC

Not sure who first leaked these images out on the net today, but I saw DisFunko post them up on Twitter.

These were supposed to be tomorrow's Marvel Monday reveal (The first Monday of every month Hasbro makes a new Marvel Legends reveal), but now that the cat is out of the bag we are gonna show em to you.

All the figures in this wave had been previously revealed by Hasbro, except for Pirate Deadpool and Shiklah which we actually told you about were likely coming before. The other figures in the wave include Black Tom Cassidy, Sunspot, Warpath, X-Men Deadpool, and Maverick. The Build-A-Figure is the X-Factor Strong Guy. Look for this wave to be up for pre-order online by tomorrow afternoon.

Deadpool.jpg

I'm usually annoyed by Hasbro putting out so many versions of characters (Wolverine, Cap, Ironman, Spiderman to name a few) before we get characters that haven't been done yet, but I have to say, that Pirate Deadpool looks amazing!  And I don't even care about Shiklah, but it is great to see them putting out odd characters like this, and it looks like she is done quite well. Warpath looks great, though I wish they included a variant head and belt so he could double as the First Appearance version. Continuing the Deadpool trend, this is an odd and great wave! Surprised we haven't gotten a Skrull Deadpool yet!

Ahoy matey! Lol i know that the pirate deadpool is a wasted slot (yes even i agree though i hate the term) but i cant help but love the fun that hasbro puts into their waves. Love pirate deadpool.

Glad to get mrs deadpool as well. Plus with jeff the land shark no less. Now is he going to go with gwenpool, deadpool or elsa bloodstone

I guess my Strong Guy will be headless (Green Deadpool), legless (Pirate Deadpool) and armless for a while (Shiklah). And that’s fine, I don’t mind waiting to complete a BAF. 

Pirate Deadpool looks fun though and Shiklah looks better than what I was expecting. But no, not getting those unless clearance lol

I've gotten accustomed to the DP waves being a little quirky, but this is bordering on ludicrous. That Pirate DP looks like mostly a reuse with newly sculpted auxiliary parts, but still, the budget used for that monstrosity coulda been put to better use. Like Feral, or Siryn, or Rictor, or Classic Domino, or even Secret Secret Wars Deadpool. And where is Masacre, already?

BTW, when are they ever going to get into one of the more ridiculous, yet memorable points in the Mercs for Money history, Rainbow force? They could do it right and on the cheap without being redundant and simply repainting the same buck. Terror (violet) could be done on the Reaper buck. Solo (green) could be done on the ANAD Spidey 2099 buck, Foolkiller (blue) could be done on the Spider UK buck, Madcap (purple) could be done on the Reed Richards buck, Slapstick (yellow) could be done on the Miles Morales buck and Stingray could die. The only new costs would be for each characters unique unmasked head sculpt (bonus: Madcap is already done). That would be money well spent.

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

You can always tell what fans like to have fun with this hobby and who take this way too seriously when things like pirate deadpool are revealed

Well, seems like it becomes more of an issue in waves with a popular, long-awaited BAF, since then folks often have to unload figures they don't want or buy BAF pieces separately, which leads them to complain about the characters they don't like/want.  

But for folks who cherry pick waves anyhow, then yeah its somewhat pointless to complain about specific figures, but its fine to express an opinion, too as long as its not "nobody wanted this character"

As for me, i like Piratepool, Sunspot, Warpath, and Black Tom but really none are characters i really *need* for my collection, so i'll probably try and get them either loose or on sale.  No plans to build Strong Guy as i was not collecting x-comics in the 90s and don't have any attachment to the character. I think maybe he shows up in some of the new mutants issues i have, but only minimally (as Lila's bodyguard or something iirc)

Shiklah spacer.png

finally Shiklah, and baby land shark! too awesome, so out of left field but.... what Pirate Deadpool...okay, but it looks amazing, I never thought I'd want a Pirate DP but here it is and I do.,I am actually probably the 1 person who likes this wave as a wave more than I care about this BAF, because I never liked Stronguys look, I' am plan to buy this entire wave, and one of you lucky kids I'll trade this BAF for a Space agent venom or Man-Thing haha

This is a solid wave. The only figure that seems like kind of a waste is blue Deadpool, since we've already gotten a pretty well-done one. It's a Deadpool wave, so if we have to have two Deadpools, the Pirate one is fun, even if I have zero familiarity with it. Same with Shiklah- not familiar with her, but at least she looks cool. The other figures are all great, awesome choices, including Strong Guy as the BAF. They're consistently giving us 90s X-Force figures in each wave, which is awesome (Maybe Rictor and/or Siryn and/or Feral in the next one?), and other supporting X-characters, so I'm overall happy with this. I'm assuming one of the two Deadpools is going to be the 2-per-case figure?

Good ol' Black Tom is all I'm interested in; he'll look great standing next to his BFF, Juggy on my shelf! These Deadpools though..He's like the new Wolverine, or Batman figures from the 90s, coming in all colours under the rainbow for all his many different action-suits, lol. Is he really that popular in comics these days to warrant so many variations?

I want everyone in this wave except the two Deadpool figures, but i'm sure that I'll buy them to get the Strong Guy parts... but then those two Deadpools are immediately hitting Ebay. I did originally think that the Warpath figure was supposed to be Thunderbird though.... they already made two pretty strong iterations of Warpath.

9 minutes ago, Reno said:

I want everyone in this wave except the two Deadpool figures, but i'm sure that I'll buy them to get the Strong Guy parts... but then those two Deadpools are immediately hitting Ebay. I did originally think that the Warpath figure was supposed to be Thunderbird though.... they already made two pretty strong iterations of Warpath.

Techinically Warpath used his brother's name for a while starting out. Anyway, T-Bird is rumored to be in a 2-pack with Storm.