Falcon+Winter Soldier & WandaVision, is it time to speculate yet?

monron999

So reports, both official and speculative, are saying both series are complete and scheduled to release no later than September of this year. History says there will most likely be a Marvel Legends line tied to one or both of these waves. Usually by now something would have leaked yet we've seen nothing of any sort of any figures that might be attached to these shows. Do you think we'll be getting any figures based on these shows, and if so what do you think they will be? Will it be 2 waves, a combined wave, 2 packs, a boxed set, or other? The Eternals wave has been pushed back and we know very little of Hasbro's plans after the Strong Guy wave. Is this Hasbro's best kept secret? Is this gonna be Hasbro's next big reveal?

Those reports must be wrong. Before the virus, Sam and Bucky was delayed by earthquakes and then the virus. While WandaVision was slated for a December release before the virus,  so neither show is going to be released before September

As for the figures,  both could get waves if they go the MCU and comic mix. Still it is hard to know after all Hasbro announced the Eternals wave despite no footage been revealed while both shows have footage revealed but no figures announced

Its certainly possible we will get some series-related figures from hasbro but i would not say its a foregone conclusion.  Collectors have already had two chances to pick up figures for each of the 4 leads, although in fairness the wanda/vision ones imo were trickier to get ahold of.  I wouldn't say the track record for sales of tv-related characters is all that great, but of course these guys are much more well known due to many movie appearances.  If i had to guess, we will probably see a two-pack for each series rather than one wave with BAF, but what do i know

Hasbro did mention they had something planned for it. My guess will be a Falcon/Captain America and US Agent + Winter Soldier and Baron Zemo 2-packs.

I doubt they would make a wave of it though as there has been no listings or rumors for it. If they were to do so it would be the 4 I mention plus a 2/3 comic figure and a comic BAF.

The Wanda Vision will be harder to predict though

Waves could be possible and easy to think of characters for both

Sam and Bucky possible Wave

• MCU Bucky
  • MCU Falcon
  • MCU Zemo
  • MCU US Agent
  • MCU Sharon Carrter
  • Sin
  • Diamondback

WandaVison possible Wave

• MCU Wanda
  • MCU Vision
  • MCU Monica 
  • MCU WandaVision Villain
  • Wiccan
  • Speed
  • Ultron

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Those reports must be wrong. Before the virus, Sam and Bucky was delayed by earthquakes and then the virus. While WandaVision was slated for a December release before the virus,  so neither show is going to be released before September

As for the figures,  both could get waves if they go the MCU and comic mix. Still it is hard to know after all Hasbro announced the Eternals wave despite no footage been revealed while both shows have footage revealed but no figures announced

Supposedly insider leaks have said that the plan is to break the series in half, similar to what was done with Rick & Morty season 4. That would mean 3 episodes each which are supposed to debut in Sept and Dec, respectively. Of course, no official announcement has been made yet, but it lends to logic that Hasbro could have very well had plans for figures based on the shows for the 2nd half of the year, but held off on them until their fate was decided. I for one can see Disney trying to get at least partial seasons out before the end of the year. The Mandalorian can only carry this boat so far.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Supposedly insider leaks have said that the plan is to break the series in half, similar to what was done with Rick & Morty season 4. That would mean 3 episodes each which are supposed to debut in Sept and Dec, respectively. Of course, no official announcement has been made yet, but it lends to logic that Hasbro could have very well had plans for figures based on the shows for the 2nd half of the year, but held off on them until their fate was decided. I for one can see Disney trying to get at least partial seasons out before the end of the year. The Mandalorian can only carry this boat so far.

Breaking a six episode series on half is a bad idea and not feasible.  The shows should and will be released when they are all finished. 

Also there's no guarantee that the first three episodes are even finished

10 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Its certainly possible we will get some series-related figures from hasbro but i would not say its a foregone conclusion.  

The live-action shows were listed on the image Hasbro did up for its investors call at Toy Fair this year. 

marvel-studios-2020-2021-1024x576.jpg?fi

For any potential waves obviously figures based on the TV versions would be shoe-ins, but I also think there's a good chance we'll see a comic Falcon as well at some point (maybe as a store exclusive like 90s Black Widow) since they sculpted those new wings for Vulture. 

I agree a comics Falcon is coming, probably soon. I doubt it would be in the same wave as an mcu falcon though, as i don’t think hasbro has done both an mcu and comic version of the same character in a wave since Dr Strange back in the Dormammu wave. In any case more mcu figs would be cool, especially since I’m not super excited about the widow or eternally mcu figs. But I do anticipate picking up some fox movie x-figures and posing them with my mcu guys until Disney gets around to rebooting the team 

I think that it's still shakey that we will still see these 2 shows this year, if anything it might be very late in the year (because at this rate the film business is not opening yet) but probably more likely the beginning of next year, with that being said, I sort of have a feeling we won't be seeing any waves per say for these shows at all, probably more like a couple of two packs or figures in say a gamerverse avengers wave or something like that, I feel we are less likely to see any full waves from each of these shows, also if the show doesn't come out this year, we probably won't see any figures at all, because..you know embargo's  (so no spoilers)

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I agree a comics Falcon is coming, probably soon. I doubt it would be in the same wave as an mcu falcon though, as i don’t think hasbro has done both an mcu and comic version of the same character in a wave since Dr Strange back in the Dormammu wave.

I said I could see them possibly doing a comic Falcon as a store exclusive like they did with Black Widow recently (or Black Panther prior to that). Just hopefully anywhere but Walmart, lol.

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think that it's still shakey that we will still see these 2 shows this year, if anything it might be very late in the year (because at this rate the film business is not opening yet) but probably more likely the beginning of next year, with that being said, I sort of have a feeling we won't be seeing any waves per say for these shows at all, probably more like a couple of two packs or figures in say a gamerverse avengers wave or something like that, I feel we are less likely to see any full waves from each of these shows, also if the show doesn't come out this year, we probably won't see any figures at all, because..you know embargo's  (so no spoilers)

Maybe they'll sprinkle them in another wave like they did with the Mandalorian figures in The Black Series. I did hear however that they finished filming WandaVision prior to the shutdown and that they were in the process of working on the special effects since that's all done remotely anyway. So maybe that ends up airing before the Falcon and Winter Soldier.

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I agree a comics Falcon is coming, probably soon. I doubt it would be in the same wave as an mcu falcon though, as i don’t think hasbro has done both an mcu and comic version of the same character in a wave since Dr Strange back in the Dormammu wave.

Perhaps your right, but maybe do you think the could do an MCU Sam Captain America and a classic comic Falcon in the same wave? We've seen a few Spider-Man waves with more than one version of Peter Parker in them, haven't we?

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Perhaps your right, but maybe do you think they could do an MCU Sam Captain America and a classic comic Falcon in the same wave? We've seen a few Spider-Man waves with more than one version of Peter Parker in them, haven't we?

I could see an MCU heavy wave:

MCU Bucky

MCU Sam (as Cap)

MCU Sharon (photo real head sculpt)

MCU Baron Zemo

MCU US Agent

Classic Falcon

Comic Maria Hill (with Sharon and SHIELD Agent swap head sculpts)

BAF - MODOK

I'm not a big fan of "actor figures", but I would be all in for that wave.