Marvel Legends Riders Punishers Boxed images

tarot

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 minutes ago, tarot said:

weird not even EE has it up yet. and they supply most of these stores?!

Are you sure? i doubt it, I will bet most of them have an account with hasbro as most comic stores in my area have an account with Hasbro. That is why they can still make a profit after marking items on sale at %10.00 - $15.00

7 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Are you sure? i doubt it, I will bet most of them have an account with hasbro as most comic stores in my area have an account with Hasbro. That is why they can still make a profit after marking items on sale at %10.00 - $15.00

well it used to be the case. Maybe not anymore.

Before anyone says it, it is not exclusive.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 minutes ago, tarot said:

well it used to be the case. Maybe not anymore.

Before anyone says it, it is not exclusive.

I don't know why they would you're likely to get a better discount with a direct account from Hasbro depending on how much you buy. And let us be honest the store that gets legends first is usually the store to sell out the fastest. 

Once again I am torn on the Riders series. Didn’t care for Squirrel Girl or the unnecessary scooter however I needed her to add to my Avengers roster ( sigh).. didnt  care for Cosmic Ghost Rider ( also Frank Castle, who knew) but got him for under half price.

This one will also be a wait and see. I like a lot about the look, the accessories but Punisher to me is the classic comic version. And by now I have no room for more bikes.

there are rumors of an Avengers sky cycle, now those I would be buying multiple of

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Once again I am torn on the Riders series. Didn’t care for Squirrel Girl or the unnecessary scooter however I needed her to add to my Avengers roster ( sigh).. didnt  care for Cosmic Ghost Rider ( also Frank Castle, who knew) but got him for under half price.

This one will also be a wait and see. I like a lot about the look, the accessories but Punisher to me is the classic comic version. And by now I have no room for more bikes.

there are rumors of an Avengers sky cycle, now those I would be buying multiple of

I heard about that, if the rider is Hawkeye and still on the Bucky mold it'll be a hard pass to me as he should be on the grim reaper mold. 

EE does have this listed on their wholesale site, and have given me the go-live notice. Not sure why it isn't on their retail site yet.

48 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

EE is a wholesaler as well as a retailer. Other stores are buying from EE at wholesale rates. You can't get a direct account with Hasbro unless you have an absolutely staggering sales volume. I would be surprised if any comic book shop is doing enough sales on Legends to have a direct Hasbro account, short of one of the bigger chains like Forbidden Planet or Newbury.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
13 minutes ago, Benn said:

EE does have this listed on their wholesale site, and have given me the go-live notice. Not sure why it isn't on their retail site yet.

EE is a wholesaler as well as a retailer. They're buying from EE at wholesale rates. You can't get a direct account with Hasbro unless you have an absolutely staggering sales volume. I would be surprised if any comic book shop is doing enough sales on Legends to have a direct Hasbro account, short of one of the bigger chains like Forbidden Planet or Newbury.

Graham Crackers which is the one i  am speaking of, definitely has one. 

I know a good amount of people who will buy their cases through Graham crackers just to ensure they get them. 

They told you they have a direct Hasbro account, though? Or they're just selling at MSRP, so you assume they do? Because, again, there are lots of wholesalers of Hasbro product (EE included), which would theoretically afford them the luxury of selling at MSRP and still generating some amount of profit. My understanding, as a retailer, is that the only places with direct Hasbro accounts (at least in the US) are Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and then the various wholesale distributors. Maybe some of the bigger toy etailers too. Hell, even Gamestop seems to use EE. If you call the Hasbro retail account line at 1-800-742-7276, it flat out says in the greeting message that they're not opening new accounts, and my conversations with wholesalers about Hasbro have all indicated that most of them struggle to meet the ordering minimums to even retain direct accounts. Maybe your store has been open so long they're grandfathered into having an account? Or maybe they do Walmart-levels of sales? I don't know.

Not really for me. As far as Punishers go, the Retro Series Version pretty much nailed it for me. A generic bike and generic weapons are to easy to come by without having to pay the price of a Riders set I don't really want anyway. Besides, I actually prefer more fantasy based "space guns" for my action figures. 

20 minutes ago, mako said:

Not really for me. As far as Punishers go, the Retro Series Version pretty much nailed it for me. A generic bike and generic weapons are to easy to come by without having to pay the price of a Riders set I don't really want anyway. Besides, I actually prefer more fantasy based "space guns" for my action figures. 

Yes, this is where I’m coming down as well as I’ve had more time to think about it. Don’t need the bike which is arguably the highlight of this set. The rest I can take or leave so looks like unless I’m weak or find a good deal I’ll keep my money thank you very much..

While id prefer realistic weapons I understand this isn’t the same world we live in as when I was a kid. Poor G.I. Joe revamp, their space weapons give that entire line a different feel. Remember the file cards the Joe’s came with that ran down all the real world weapons certain members were experts with? Wonder if that will even be a feature now? No ones expertise in Nerf guns will impress kids these days

I like the Tec-9, the sawed off shotgun, and the Uzi (from the Deluxe Snake Eyes, I believe), but this really doesn't do anything for me.  The face sculpts look very cartoony to me.  I also get the unfortunate feeling that this is probably the only Punisher in a T-shirt and tactical pant we'll be getting for some time, and Bradstreet's Punisher this ain't.

58 minutes ago, Satam said:

I like the Tec-9, the sawed off shotgun, and the Uzi (from the Deluxe Snake Eyes, I believe), but this really doesn't do anything for me.  The face sculpts look very cartoony to me.  I also get the unfortunate feeling that this is probably the only Punisher in a T-shirt and tactical pant we'll be getting for some time, and Bradstreet's Punisher this ain't.

There is always hope the retro punisher head will fit the Riders body. 

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Yes, this is where I’m coming down as well as I’ve had more time to think about it. Don’t need the bike which is arguably the highlight of this set. The rest I can take or leave so looks like unless I’m weak or find a good deal I’ll keep my money thank you very much..

While id prefer realistic weapons I understand this isn’t the same world we live in as when I was a kid. Poor G.I. Joe revamp, their space weapons give that entire line a different feel. Remember the file cards the Joe’s came with that ran down all the real world weapons certain members were experts with? Wonder if that will even be a feature now? No ones expertise in Nerf guns will impress kids these days

Same page with you guys, save some money for our wallet...with Marvel legends retro prices going up..need to see which one to cut and which one to get,

I'm good with ol school retro Mike Zeck Punisher. Only character that I will buy multiples of is comic based Iron man. I have classic Spidey & Black costume version & classic yellow/blue & Brown costume Wolvy. I need no other version of those 2 characters. Iron man is a different story. I went like a decade w/o a Hulk fig cuz everything come out was MCU based. Once 80th anniversary Hulk came out , I was set with the definitive Classic version I'd been waiting 10yrs for, even though he's still an inch too tall imo.