Marvel Legends Best Of X-Men Wave Coming From Hasbro?!?

JayC

Thanks to JTPrime, we have a heads up for a new listing discovered on the Australian distributor Creative wholesale website for what is listed as a Best of X-Men Marvel Legends wave. The wave will consist of 7 to be announced figures and a Build-A-Figure.

It's unclear if this will be something new to perhaps celebrate the 45th year anniversary of Giant Size X-Men #1, or whether this will be some type of simple re-issue wave likely only available overseas as we have seen Hasbro do before.

If it is something new, what characters do you think should make a "Best Of" wave for the X-Men. Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below and we will update this story once more details become available.

Best-Of-X-Men.jpg

20 minutes ago, tarot said:

Given the Best of name, I would assume it's the UK exclusive wave that they re-release every year since they don't have alot of MCU figures this year.

Certainly possible but it is an Anniversary year for X-Men so they might be doing something special. At the very least if its just a re-issue wave it will likely allow people another opportunity at the Rogue figure.

5 minutes ago, Flipflopguy04 said:

I would imagine it would include Rogue, Jubilee, Beast and then some villains with a reissued Apocalypse BAF as it is a best of wave.

I can see Rogue, since that's been asked for for years now but not Jubilee or Beast.  Jubilee is both a regular and BAF release and Beast has been released in three iterations (dark, original, regular) over just the last year or so.  They also just released a new Apoc in the AoA wave.  Personally, I'd love to see a new Sentinel BAF.  And maybe an original no-hair Beast, Angel, Banshee, etc.  Just please no more Wolverines...

If I were to put together a “best of” X-Men wave I would think:

-  Brown costume Wolverine (as much as people don’t want to see Wolverine take up a slot, we know he’d have to be included.  The Juggernaut wave figure and even the Retro figure are both expensive on the secondary market)

-  Cyclops (Jim Lee)

-  Rogue (Jim Lee)

-  Magneto (from the Amazon 3-pack)

-  Iceman (Juggernaut wave)

-  Psylocke

-  Gambit, Bishop, Beast, or Cable (Sasquatch wave)

The only BAF that really makes sense for just a rerelease is Apocalypse.

These would be my guesses.

1. Brown Suit Wolvie 

2. Jim Lee Cyclops (3-PK colors without jacket)

3. Jean Grey (3-PK)

4. Jim Lee Rogue

5. Blue Beast or Magneto

6. Psylocke

7. Colossus or Nightcrawler

BAF: Apocalypse

If this is a “Best of” wave, we likely won’t get it in the US, just like the last few years of them. Did we get one in 2019?

I hope they would release the 92 in 2 waves, blue and fold teams roster or Giant XMen. 

I'd like

1_Brown Wolverine

2_Cyclops (Jim Lee)

3_Gambit

4_Rogue (Jim Lee)

5_Psylocke

6_Blue Beast

7_Jubilee

And then

1_Storm

2_Jean Grey

3_Colossus

4_Iceman

5_Bishop

6_Nightcrawler

I doubt they can throw Archangel or Charles in any of those waves

My guess is this wave will probably be like all the carded vintage waves so I don’t think there will be a baf. What I hope is in this line is just updated rereleases of The 90s Jim lee run

1) Rogue with better face paint or new head sculpt 

2) Wolverine yellow suit with the x force claws and I would love a screaming masked wolverine head with no battle damage. 
3) Cyclopes with the regular head and his vintage wave head with the beam 

4)  Sabertooth to look more like the 90s cartoon on the omega red body. 
5) Magneto with better face paint 

6) Psylocke with the correct hair color and lighter blue body suit. Would also like a new head sculpt for it.

11 minutes ago, Nerdyeggroll said:

My guess is this wave will probably be like all the carded vintage waves so I don’t think there will be a baf. What I hope is in this line is just updated rereleases of The 90s Jim lee run

1) Rogue with better face paint or new head sculpt 

2) Wolverine yellow suit with the x force claws and I would love a screaming masked wolverine head with no battle damage. 
3) Cyclopes with the regular head and his vintage wave head with the beam 

4)  Sabertooth to look more like the 90s cartoon on the omega red body. 
5) Magneto with better face paint 

6) Psylocke with the correct hair color and lighter blue body suit. Would also like a new head sculpt for it.

The listing says it will be 7 figures with a BAF

Interesting. And yes, definitely sounds like a re-release wave. For my part, I'd be most interested in a Classic Storm that wasn't a frickin Target exclusive ($*U*#@! 🤬). Target exclusives are the Bane of Canadian Collectors since they stopped shipping to Canada. 

Any how, other than that, I'd love to get another crack at Psylocke (though I'd prefer to see a Betsy Braddock head) and Jim Lee Rogue. And maybe this time they can make a Blue Beast his classic head? Actually, I'd love to see professor X with the wheelchair and a more neutral coloured suit. BAF wise though?....Well, since we know it's not Nimrod or a regular Sentinel, maybe a new Blob? 

Reissues of Jim Lee Rogue and Cyclops makes sense. Would love to see them sneak in a Banshee to finish off that Giant Size team. Sunfire quit that team right off the bat and Thunderbird got killed off quickly. Banshee was on that team alot longer and is a longtime ally. He deserves a figure. Also would be nice if we got Longshot as well. Rachel would go nice in an Excalibur team set wave of the original team.

If this is what I think it is, then its a good thing for those who missed their mutants first go 'round. Especially how we got cheated in that jubilee wave. Now over the years since, I have any figure I could've wanted from that....its BAF is a joke compared to the Jubilee we got in the Sauron wave....the only figure Id be interested in is the Storm from that one.  Cant see them taking Magneto from that wave because subsequent Magnetos have been better. Otherwise I'd think they would do:

1. Rogue (we so miss that body buck)
  2. Storm (jubilee wave)
  3. Cyclops (Jim Lee, darker blue)
  4. X-Force Wolverine or Astonishing Wolverine
  5. Stryfe
  6. Gambit/Havoc/Psylocke
  7. Professor X (different suit, Cerebro and improved -clear- "psychic" effect)

BAF: Professor X's hover chair, different shade

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

The listing says it will be 7 figures with a BAF

You nailed it Leokearon! I was thinking they would do this in the retro style too with no BAF (I understand it will be a BAF wave though), and your selections are great! I just made a custom Sabretooth on the Omega Red buck and it is PERFECT (hope the AOA uses that buck too).  I actually liked the Rogue paint but I am always up for an improvement.  Banshee would be a great addition too, and how about multiple heads for each character (a SKRULL, and specific artists like Bachalo, Madureira, or Ramos).

Guys,

This is probably like all previous "Best Of" waves.  International market only and a direct re-release of overstock figures in new packaging with an existing BAF.  No new decos or anything and definitely not an All-Star super wave.  All previous "Best Of" waves were purely getting rid of overstock to overseas markets.  This is probably the same thing.  

I am feeling like this is going to be the standard Euro exclusive best of 2019 set, I'm doubting it will be an entirely new wave, but it would be awesome if it was, I bet it will be like take some figures from Caliban wave, Wendigo wave, possibly retro card wave, and would likely be Caliban as the BAF, I'd speculate the wave would have X-Force Wolvie or Weapon X, Retro Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Nightcrawler, maybe Jubilee, Mr. Sinister? , if in fact it's a newish wave, I'd say for sure this would be the chance for some slight re-do's of older figures, Rogue (on the non-thick buck), Silver suit Jim Lee Storm, Jim Lee Cyclops (no jacket but 3 pack colors), X-Force Nightcrawler.. I'd say I'm going with its just a best of last year for the Euro market.

I know some people are listing new figures or repaints of older figures but Best of figures are usually just a straight re-release with maybe a new package. There is no new figure in these lines and it will more then likely NOT be available in the US outside of imports.