Marvel Legends box sets

Rually

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The head was indeed too large. I wouldnt have a problem with the original green suit, especially if they did a Brotherhood set or Cap's Kooky Quartet, but would prefer the lighter blue suit. 

Amazing how they go all out for accuracy on a guy like Maverick, but phone it in with a figure as basic as Quicksilver.😵

I agree and prefer the blue suit too. I would just buy the new green suit, if it came with a new improved head sculpt, just to put it on the blue suit version.

Re-do Classic Hyperion on the Herc/Thor bucks & make a boxset of the core members of the Squadron Supreme.  Same for Gladiator & do the core members of the Imperial Guard. Both Gladiator & Hyperion are over due for an upgrade to the better bucks that Thor & Herc are sporting & all those other members of both teams are long over do & rate to be made. The only way I figure they will be is via team boxsets ala Alpha Flight last yr.

Exiles_Vol_1_77_page_17_Squadron_Supreme6d7384cc1d8a1902b202e6b47d6bab6a--marvel

• 2 weeks later...

A box set I freely admit we'll likely never see. But I really liked this book- The Mystery Men, just like the pulp heroes like the Shadow, Doc Savage, the Rocketeer, Mandrake the Magician....only Marvel's take. Set in the 1930s, it was a 5 issue limited series, and I would love to see these figures by Hasbro. Excellent story and art but didnt get a lot of attention....too bad...basically a lot of new tooling required. Thing is, Hasbro needs to update their "suit/civilian wear" figures anyway. This would be a good start. 

mm.jpg

On 9/8/2020 at 6:28 AM, RyanDaly said:

Have we seen the movie versions?

I've seen the concept art and costumes...it all strays from Kirby a great deal.  Even the picture of the Celestial is not as " boxey" and broad. I just really like the original designs. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I would love to see a U-Foes box set, but I figure they're too obscure to sell very well as one set, unless they came with the Hulk. Maybe they'd be better to just release them one at a time in different waves.

UFoes.jpg

UFoes2.jpg

A box set wouldn't be a bad idea, though I would hate to be the guy who has to paint Vector

On 10/1/2020 at 5:46 PM, RyanDaly said:

I would love to see a U-Foes box set, but I figure they're too obscure to sell very well as one set, unless they came with the Hulk. Maybe they'd be better to just release them one at a time in different waves.

UFoes.jpg

UFoes2.jpg

U-Foes would be really cool, and a perfect way to get these 4 out would be the multipack way, none of these characters could probably get themselves in a wave, but all together would be perfect. I always thought they were such cool looking designs. and for once I wouldn't be mad if a figure didn't come with legs haha

Some Box sets I was thinking about would be cool recently would be

BAD Girls Inc 4 Pack (Diamondback, Black Mamba, Asp & Impala)

- this could be a nice way to get 3 important female Serpent Society members all in one place, and for Hasbro not to have to worry about "would these be pegwarmers" also throw in Impala as she was once a member to round it out.

Femizon's 6 Pack (Superia, BlackbIrd, Iron Maiden, Nightshade, Snapdragon & Moonstone)

like the A-Force pack, easy way to get out some cool females, this time around Villains

and if successful, they could do another pack, since they had so many members at different points

On 10/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, RAMCAT said:

Reeeeeally really hoping Starjammers is high on the ML team’s agenda by now. Been wanting those pirates for.ev.er.

Right?! And they're really so easy to do at this point. Except for Hepzibah (actually just modify that first Black Cat figure), every body mold they need is already out there.  But please....original outfits only....none of these rather silly updates...

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Right?! And they're really so easy to do at this point. Except for Hepzibah (actually just modify that first Black Cat figure), every body mold they need is already out there.  But please....original outfits only....none of these rather silly updates...

250px-Corsair_(Major_Christopher_Summers,_USAF).png

I'd think the only one likely to get a more recent version is Hepzibah. The other three have pretty much always looked more or less the same, but Hepzibah's transformation was radical, and she spent significant time as an X-Man after that transformation. Plus, it's honestly a much better look, and features an easier tail to translate to toy form (though Squirrel Girl's tail makes classic Hepzibah much more likely, I'll concede).

Yes you're probably right, they'll go with a more humanoid head which is fine by me....but I just wanna see it done.

Corsair is one of the easiest; several body bucks out there that will suit him. And they're doing great with head/faces so no worries there. They'd probably cheap out and just paint his high boots on, but then again they did the boots for Mr. Sinister and Kang, so who knows. Wouldn't it be freaking amazing if they do this figure and get the "gem stones" on the sash belt and gloves correct??

Ch'od, I've said this before, just use the Abomination BAF, different paint job, different head and you're done. Love to see his signature weapon as an accessory.

Raza, again, fairly easy; some glossy black paint, Mr. Sinister boots (again) and articulate the pony tail.

Hepzibah-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Starjammers-j.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 6:46 AM, Atlantis said:

A box set I freely admit we'll likely never see. But I really liked this book- The Mystery Men, just like the pulp heroes like the Shadow, Doc Savage, the Rocketeer, Mandrake the Magician....only Marvel's take. Set in the 1930s, it was a 5 issue limited series, and I would love to see these figures by Hasbro. Excellent story and art but didnt get a lot of attention....too bad...basically a lot of new tooling required. Thing is, Hasbro needs to update their "suit/civilian wear" figures anyway. This would be a good start. 

mm.jpg

Mystery Men was dope. I keep hoping they'll pop up again.

23 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The Serpent Squad definitely could make a great box set....

Serpent-Squad-Marvel-Comics-h3-Sidewinder.jpg

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

....There's enough variety there for 2 box sets!

Black_Mamba_Sealy_2.jpg

Please Hasbro give us more Serpent Society, you can't leave us hanging, I need them.