Marvel Legends box sets

Rually

21 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Right?! And they're really so easy to do at this point. Except for Hepzibah (actually just modify that first Black Cat figure), every body mold they need is already out there.  But please....original outfits only....none of these rather silly updates...

250px-Corsair_(Major_Christopher_Summers,_USAF).png

My thing is I'm still surprised this set has not happened, it's too easy, and every one is asking for it, I personally just want Hepizibah, if they stuffed her in a wave I wouldn't weep we never saw the rest. I'd buy them all though for sure.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, Hogun said:

Me and my friends

Thor wave:

80th Anniversary Thor with red cape (instead of that black cherry thing), "whirling" hammer effect

Hogun with mace

Fandral with blade

Beta Ray Bill, original outfit and Stormbreaker

Firelord and firestaff

Sif and sword/shield

BAF: Volstagg

What say thee, noble warrior?

thor_marvel_gallery_5c4c36a3665c6.jpg

33 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Thor wave:

80th Anniversary Thor with red cape (instead of that black cherry thing), "whirling" hammer effect

Hogun with mace

Fandral with blade

Beta Ray Bill, original outfit and Stormbreaker

Firelord and firestaff

Sif and sword/shield

BAF: Volstagg

What say thee, noble warrior?

thor_marvel_gallery_5c4c36a3665c6.jpg

I say yes to all of this, but I disagree on Volstagg being the BAF. I want to own 3 copies of each Warrior. I think the BAF should be Laufey or Surtur. Replace Firelord with Volstagg

On 10/4/2020 at 4:56 PM, Atlantis said:

250px-Corsair_(Major_Christopher_Summers,_USAF).png

Yes please. And yea I think I'd prefer the more humanoid Hepzibah.

And a Morlocks set too (but probably isn't a popular opinion). Goes well with the Dark Beast!

So which four are essential for a Morlocks set?

Callisto for sure. Annalee? Sunder? Leech? Artie? Tommy? Healer? TAS Tar Baby? Marrow??

40 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Yes please. And yea I think I'd prefer the more humanoid Hepzibah.

And a Morlocks set too (but probably isn't a popular opinion). Goes well with the Dark Beast!

So which four are essential for a Morlocks set?

Callisto for sure. Annalee? Sunder? Leech? Artie? Tommy? Healer? TAS Tar Baby? Marrow??

While I hate the Morlocks, a set would have to have Callisto, Sunder, Masque and Regular Caliban

On 10/5/2020 at 12:27 AM, Benn said:

I'd think the only one likely to get a more recent version is Hepzibah. The other three have pretty much always looked more or less the same, but Hepzibah's transformation was radical, and she spent significant time as an X-Man after that transformation. Plus, it's honestly a much better look, and features an easier tail to translate to toy form (though Squirrel Girl's tail makes classic Hepzibah much more likely, I'll concede).

I'd rather get one of her more recent looks she looks better than what she used to look back in the days she looked so silly, plus i'd rather get a new tail, because the Squirrel Girl one is too heavy that it'd probably topple over as well other figures

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, nieman257 said:

Mystery Men was dope. I keep hoping they'll pop up again.

That artwork by Patrick Zircher was just perfect for this book. I know we'll never see them in Legends form but if you wanna see some 30's Noir, this is a gem.

I suspect if they did any "past era" figures they'd do golden age first.....

mystm004cov-1.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 3:54 PM, RyanDaly said:

Came back to this thread because I got to thinking about the Morlocks. I've always had a fondness for this undervalued group of social outcasts. I'm sure the fact that they purposefully look ugly and shabby and not-at-all toy-etic hurts their odds of find representation in the Marvel Legends line, but there are definitely a few I would like to see.

• Callisto - someone earlier in the thread mentioned she could recycle parts of the mohawk Storm body but with interchangeable heads (and maybe those weird tentacle arms)
  • Sunder - could be a BAF, but wouldn't have to be if he was roughly the size of Colossus or Thing
  • Caliban - call me old fashioned but I prefer the original skinny-ass Caliban to the Fourth Horseman version
  • Masque
  • Leach - might not work as a solo figure given his size, so he could be packaged with another figure in place of a BAF part; on the other hand, they packaged Spider-Ham by himself with a big Venom torso, so... 

morlocks1.jpg

I remembered coming up with this Morlocks box set idea, although I didn't realize it was exactly a year ago. Same lineup you guys had except I would include Leach. 

5 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I remembered coming up with this Morlocks box set idea, although I didn't realize it was exactly a year ago. Same lineup you guys had except I would include Leach. 

I just want Artie and Leech to come double-packed, priced and packed like a single figure.

17 hours ago, Benn said:

I just want Artie and Leech to come double-packed, priced and packed like a single figure.

I want the same for Valeria & Franklin. (Brainstorm & Powerhouse)

What about a 4 Horsemen? I know that would go like crazy, but they'd have to do another special tweak to Apocalypse, and which Horsemen would they use? The "Final" Horsemen, X-Men ones, or characters like War & Plague.

20 hours ago, dustikay03 said:

I know it would probably never happen but I would love to see a box set for X-Men 2099 and The Great Lake Avengers! img_6391.thumb.jpg.727e0eb3131e23427f5647840bb5dbc3.jpg

Great-Lakes-Avengers-Marvel-Comics-h1.jpg

I second these, I am still shocked we have never gotten any 2099 characters other then Spider-Man, that whole timeline has so many great characters to select from, how has Hulk 2099 not been a BAF yet?

but yes I have been saying for years can we please get X-Men 2099!? , can we get at least some GLA.

47 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I thought that if the Age of Apocalypse wave was a hit we would get a 2099 wave, but that remans to be seen.

I'd be in, lineup pending.  Heh, if they include a re-release of Spider-Man, the whole dang box set would be cheaper than trying to nab him on the secondary.

• 2 weeks later...

With the advent of Halloween this month, I still say Hasbro is blowing it by not having a Marvel Monsters box set. Work on it now, release it for Halloween 2021. Tomb of Dracula new figure, new Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein monster, Lilith, Zombie, and comic book Son of Satan and Satanna. Perfect sell for Hasbro.

43 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

With the advent of Halloween this month, I still say Hasbro is blowing it by not having a Marvel Monsters box set. Work on it now, release it for Halloween 2021. Tomb of Dracula new figure, new Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein monster, Lilith, Zombie, and comic book Son of Satan and Satanna. Perfect sell for Hasbro.

1678852776_marvmons.jpg.97599088d89673aaf2e0a7bfc6962410.jpg

that would probably be the best box set ever, if only

Hasbro if they don't want to give us a box set, I really hope we can at least get some of these figures soon,

always thought it was lame Hasbro wouldn't have a Halloween wave or set in October.