Marvel Legends box sets

Rually

I'd go for a "Heralds of Galactus" box set:

Surfer (already available; you know Hasbro is going to recycle figures)

Terrax (all parts already available)

Any 2 of Air-Walker/Firelord/Morg/Red Shift

I don't think any of those would be too difficult

Would be over-the-moon with a Fallen One or Stardust fig, but guessing it's a buck issue

18 minutes ago, CharrdWood said:

Would be over-the-moon with a Fallen One or Stardust fig, but guessing it's a buck issue

Also, if Marvel ever indulges us with Heralds of Galactus, we need a Haslabs Galactus figure.  If a Sentinel can get to almost 22K, how much would a Galactus generate?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After yesterday's Maestro announcement, I've really been thinking about more Hulk villains, and the U-Foes are right at the top of my list. Vector, Vapor, and X-Ray would be simple enough reused bodies with new heads and pain schemes. They could even just use a female upper body for Vapor and replace her legs with a wispy gaseous effect like they did for Cannonball (everyone loved that Cannonball figure, amiright?!!) The only one who would really need an all new sculpt would Ironclad, and it's not a particularly complicated or detailed mold. Easier than Colossus, for example.

On 1/6/2021 at 4:47 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I just mentioned them on another thread and it made me think: how about a box set called the fires of war with Spitfire, Toro and Jim Hammond human Torch to finish up those Invaders?

I've been screaming not only about box set of the Invaders but a wave of Golden Age heroes forever. First appearance Cap, Torch and Namor, Bucky, Toro and Miss America, U-Man and Warrior Woman. Or swap out one for Baron Blood or Blazing Skull. Original Vision, Destroyer, Whizzer, Red Raven? Come on! They're way overdue!!

22 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I've been screaming not only about box set of the Invaders but a wave of Golden Age heroes forever. First appearance Cap, Torch and Namor, Bucky, Toro and Miss America, U-Man and Warrior Woman. Or swap out one for Baron Blood or Blazing Skull. Original Vision, Destroyer, Whizzer, Red Raven? Come on! They're way overdue!!

A man of excellent taste! We need those WWII era characters right away! Seriously though, I wish they would at least give us Spitfire and the Torches if we can't have the expanded team. And we need the villains something awful. Why Baron Blood hasn't happened I will never know.

8 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

After yesterday's Maestro announcement, I've really been thinking about more Hulk villains, and the U-Foes are right at the top of my list. Vector, Vapor, and X-Ray would be simple enough reused bodies with new heads and pain schemes. They could even just use a female upper body for Vapor and replace her legs with a wispy gaseous effect like they did for Cannonball (everyone loved that Cannonball figure, amiright?!!) The only one who would really need an all new sculpt would Ironclad, and it's not a particularly complicated or detailed mold. Easier than Colossus, for example.

U-Foes would be a could choice, though I would pity the guy who would have to paint Vector

4 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

A man of excellent taste! We need those WWII era characters right away! Seriously though, I wish they would at least give us Spitfire and the Torches if we can't have the expanded team. And we need the villains something awful. Why Baron Blood hasn't happened I will never know.

The upcoming Firestar has a head/mask that looks very close to Spitfire; wouldn't take much to modify her. The Torches, so easy....the first Walgreens translucent figure- his build was always too big for Johnny Storm but perfect for Jim Hammond- ditch the "4" and obscure the facial features to something like Citizen V. Take that first Miles Morales figure, make it translucent red, viola, you have Toro. 

On 12/26/2020 at 5:28 PM, CharrdWood said:

Maybe I'm greedy, but I want to be able to recreate the herald ordeal.  So surfer, morg, firelord, air Walker, terrax, nova is my dream.  Make it a wave and you can do morg as the BAF.  Make it a box and maybe you drop the surfer as he's already been done.  And I'm hoping he shows in the FF retro wave.

3 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Maybe I'm greedy, but I want to be able to recreate the herald ordeal.  So surfer, morg, firelord, air Walker, terrax, nova is my dream.  Make it a wave and you can do morg as the BAF.  Make it a box and maybe you drop the surfer as he's already been done.  And I'm hoping he shows in the FF retro wave.

I would personally go for the Heroes Reborn Line-up Surfer, Terrax, Firelord, Air Walker and Plasma

I'm mainly hoping Firelord shows up soon. i mean he's easy enough to make on an existing buck - just needs a new head and his staff really. maybe he'll make it into the retro FF wave, but he could also be squeezed into an avengers wave or spidey wave.  a box set would be cool but i don't care that much about morg or air walker, personally.. and i really don't need another surfer figure

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The upcoming Firestar has a head/mask that looks very close to Spitfire; wouldn't take much to modify her. The Torches, so easy....the first Walgreens translucent figure- his build was always too big for Johnny Storm but perfect for Jim Hammond- ditch the "4" and obscure the facial features to something like Citizen V. Take that first Miles Morales figure, make it translucent red, viola, you have Toro. 

Yes! Exactly. All those figures are super easy to make with a little retooling. To your point, I even took nail polish remover and took the 4 right off Johnny's chest. Aside from the face you couldn't ask for a better Hammond. As for Spitfire they could easily reuse Firestar. Just give her forearms with gloves and shins with boots and blonde hair and she's done. I'm betting money that's the plan too. As for Toro, I'd love to see him on the pizza Spidey/Iron Fist buck. The villains Im not as sure on. Hopefully we get them someday. I really, really want Master Mann and Warrior Woman but dont see them happening

3 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Surprised frankie ray isn't getting more love as a herald.  Then again I've been outta the books for a while.

I have the old vac-metal figure (I think from a surfer toy line in the 90s) but would be down for an upgrade. I could be wrong but I think the characters been gone from the comics for awhile now