Marvel Legends box sets

Rually

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

that would probably be the best box set ever, if only

Hasbro if they don't want to give us a box set, I really hope we can at least get some of these figures soon,

always thought it was lame Hasbro wouldn't have a Halloween wave or set in October.

They can take the Sebastian Shaw mold and tweak it for Dracula. He needs to be on a more robust mold than the standard Chamelon/Stan Lee figure of course I'm talking about the Gene Colan Dracula). 

Werewolf by Night, look at Puma and the Jackal, work it from there. Living Mummy, Zombie and Frankenstein would be new molds but doable. Lilith and Satana, look at the Satana from the Thunderbolts exclusive set and for Daimon go with the Shang-Chi torso and classic comic look head....for little extras, throw in a partially exposed Mummy head, Dracula with fangs exposed head, maybe a Lilith head with blood dripping from her smiling mouth....I could go on, but the possibilities are there already.

My one hope, if/when they make a Werewolf by Night figure is that he comes with two different heads. One the original Mike Ploog-designed wolf man head, and the second one more of the Bill Sienkiewicz-style version with the pronounced muzzle. I prefer the flat-faced original, but I know a lot of people like the more savage animalistic take. 

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

My one hope, if/when they make a Werewolf by Night figure is that he comes with two different heads. One the original Mike Ploog-designed wolf man head, and the second one more of the Bill Sienkiewicz-style version with the pronounced muzzle. I prefer the flat-faced original, but I know a lot of people like the more savage animalistic take. 

Yes! This makes sense. Take it all and put in on Pulse if for no other reason than to quell any nervous nellies...you gotta wonder why no one at Hasbro has thought of this.

It doesn't look like I've weighed in on this subject here, so I will now, I guess.
I'd love a U.S. Avengers boxset with Toni Ho Iron Patriot, Enigma, Squirrel Girl, Cannonball and/or Sunspot, and Maverick Red Hulk. 
I also think a box set would be a great opportunity to get three to five figures of Jamie Madrox (X Factor Investigations look), each with a different facial expression.
Like @enzosaurusrex, I also tend to prefer Hepzibah in her less skunky look, so I think a set of the Starjammers in their more modern looks would be great, too.

2 hours ago, Satam said:

It doesn't look like I've weighed in on this subject here, so I will now, I guess.
I'd love a U.S. Avengers boxset with Toni Ho Iron Patriot, Enigma, Squirrel Girl, Cannonball and/or Sunspot, and Maverick Red Hulk. 
I also think a box set would be a great opportunity to get three to five figures of Jamie Madrox (X Factor Investigations look), each with a different facial expression.
Like @enzosaurusrex, I also tend to prefer Hepzibah in her less skunky look, so I think a set of the Starjammers in their more modern looks would be great, too.

For X-Factor Investigations, mine would be

• Madrox x2
  • Strong Guy
  • Shatterstar
  • Siryn
  • Monet

4 hours ago, Satam said:

Two Madroxes isn't enough.  I'm thinking an entire multiple man box set with three, four, or even five of him. And I'd say put the rest in a wave.

Not sure about multipacks but Madrox can be ideal candidate for Hasbro Pulse army builder, preferably if it's done in more green and yellow color scheme that can be classic and modern at the same time.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.04.17 AM.png

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

Not sure about multipacks but Madrox can be ideal candidate for Hasbro Pulse army builder, preferably if it's done in more green and yellow color scheme that can be classic and modern at the same time.spacer.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 12.04.17 AM.png

The point (at least to me) is to have three or more mostly identical figures, each with slightly different facial expressions, and maybe hands, too. So far Habro Pulse army builders have not had alternate heads and hands.  So, I don't think he's an ideal candidate at all. And I'd be pretty pissed to have to buy three of these, even at a bit of a discount, and source the heads elsewhere. It seems pretty likely if Hasbro does another Jamie Madrox, they'll make a regular release with two alternate heads like the '90s version, and the figure will be shortpacked (even two to a case would be too few), because of course it will.

15 hours ago, Satam said:

The point (at least to me) is to have three or more mostly identical figures, each with slightly different facial expressions, and maybe hands, too. So far Habro Pulse army builders have not had alternate heads and hands.  So, I don't think he's an ideal candidate at all. And I'd be pretty pissed to have to buy three of these, even at a bit of a discount, and source the heads elsewhere. It seems pretty likely if Hasbro does another Jamie Madrox, they'll make a regular release with two alternate heads like the '90s version, and the figure will be shortpacked (even two to a case would be too few), because of course it will.

They can pack alternate heads instead of guns tho, I would assume 2 alternative heads won't be that much more expensive than 2 gun accessories. 

2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

They can pack alternate heads instead of guns tho, I would assume 2 alternative heads won't be that much more expensive than 2 gun accessories. 

Agreed. Just like the vintage waves — these army builders can and may be getting better and better; who knows.

Maybe even instead of having multiple heads packed in one builder, there could just be as far as 3 or 4 different head variations on each one and it be a mystery which one you get until you bust it open 🤷‍♂️ ha I dunno just a thought. I can imagine that being complaint driven though but.. what isn’t these days

4 hours ago, Satam said:

I don't like mysteries and I don't want extra heads rattling around with the figure inside that polybag (that is a recipe for paint blemishes). Plus, Mr. Madrox needs extra hands, too.

I understand, as I’m not fond of the typical mystery stuff we see in any case. But knowing it would be the ML Maddrox figure with a different head/expression or the same one (same concept applied to the hands even), I’d personally take the risk depending on the odds I guess. Or maybe to address any insecurity with that, they could add a tiny little window on the box that shows the head piece?? 😆

Am not completely opposed to the idea of a boxset with multiple Multiple Mans but it rather just seems a little far fetched, imo. I’m not a mastermind on the matter so maybe I’m totally wrong. Am certainly not trying to poop on your hopes and dreams either!!

19 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Am not completely opposed to the idea of a boxset with multiple Multiple Mans but it rather just seems a little far fetched, imo. I’m not a mastermind on the matter so maybe I’m totally wrong. Am certainly not trying to poop on your hopes and dreams either!!

It'd be an easy way to army build without any mystery, without having to worry about paint blemishes from alternate heads floating around loose in a polybag, and without having to worry about how many individual regular release Madrox figures with three alternate heads (limiting) are packed into a case for some upcoming X-Men wave. I forget how many '90s Multiple Mans were packed per case in the Apocalypse wave, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't three. I think it was only one.
It's also right up Hasbro's alley, because aside from the head and hands, each figure would be essentially the same. So, it'd be fairly cheap for them and a collector could get three, four, or five figures all at once (I'm not set on a number as long as it's more than two). Want more? Buy two sets. Or three sets! And if it seems a little too niche for mass retail, put it on Amazon, so people don't have to %$#@ with Target or Walmart.

I love the idea of the STARJAMMERS as a boxed set but how would it sell at retail?

They are fairly obscure to most except we X-Fans. Might be better served to split up into a wave or two with Ch'od as the BAF. 

U-foes would rock but again very obscure Hulk villans. Maybe in a Hulk retro wave?

Hell I sound like the voice-of-doom for this thread. 

I know...an Inhumans boxed set!! That's the ticket!!

@Satam I can definitely see a 2 pack being the most probable in the likeness of those hydra/aim pairs we got but obviously not separate characters. If that was the case, I’d take 2 sets no doubt! My magic # is typically 4. But whatever was to happen, I would be down for these MMs regardless.

@GrtWhiteCustoms Inhumans boxset would be excellent fa sho. But I bet Starjammers would do just as well. Those have been biiig popular requests on boxset threads throughout the net for a long time comin. And Hasbro definitely knows it too!

If Hasbro came out with a Madrox army-builder I won't complain. Fortunately I bought 2 Multiple Men from the Apocalypse wave and that was enough for my display but if there was more space I would just use the Paladin and Hawkeye fodder bodies that I do have and plop the extra heads that Multiple Man came with and hide those behind him. All I really need is for their heads to jet out from behind and it would seem like I've got 4 Madroxes. If I need an actual Trenchcoated-buck I would just pick up the Gambit from TRU here. He's $17Cdn.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:17 PM, RAMCAT said:

@GrtWhiteCustomsInhumans boxset would be excellent fa sho. But I bet Starjammers would do just as well. Those have been biiig popular requests on boxset threads throughout the net for a long time comin. And Hasbro definitely knows it too!

A box set of the Inhumans is gold (or a wave with Lockjaw as the BAF). Surprising to me that many fans were displeased at the Black Panther wave Black Bolt, because I thought he was fantastic. He wouldn't have to be in the set since he's already been released...however....if they did include him, he should be on a bigger buck and using the pinless tech.

Medusa simply cannot be done justice by sticking a glob of plastic on her head and calling it hair. Just keep her previous buck, give her the halter top she wore in the 70s Perez run on the Inhumans' own book, and utilize saran "Barbie" hair; yeah, it'll be unique but its better than what they've been doing.

I'd put Gorgon on that Hercules buck, modify some legs for the hooves, and Triton...I have no idea why we don't already have him, given that we have the Green Goblin scaled body to go by, but he needs to be done ASAP. I can see Karnak on a buck somewhere between pizza spidey and Sunfire.

The centerpiece of the set would have to be Lockjaw. He needs to be fully articulated with NO cartoony looking features. Guenhwyvar shows us they can do this if they want.

6 hours ago, Benn said:

I'd actually like to see a Phoenix Five boxset. That's a group I'd only really want as figures if we got them all together.

The only one of the Phoenix Five outfits I liked was Cyclops and was annoyed that the planned figure of him was never released

N6Zq0sGACXNVSgkQUzkraPYLgdBdkHaLdv-uvW0t

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I would jump on that in a second, but also throw in Nikki for good measure. 

d7wowsg-4e99c1fe-f024-44db-b7e6-ddafda403a66.jpg

No doubt. I'm pretty sure Hasbro would want to include her as the female on the team, besides they wouldn't have to do much new tooling. Using the Blink figure for example, all they'd have to do is a new head and of course new colours and all done.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 5:46 PM, RyanDaly said:

I would love to see a U-Foes box set, but I figure they're too obscure to sell very well as one set, unless they came with the Hulk. Maybe they'd be better to just release them one at a time in different waves.

UFoes.jpg

UFoes2.jpg

Funny you mention the U-Foes, I came across this the other day (totally wasn't looking for it):

THE INCREDIBLE HULK: IRONCLAD MARVEL LOOSE FIGURE ONLY 2008 MOVIE INCOMPLETE HTF | eBay

Doesn't look like a legitimate Hasbro job, but you probably don't wanna make Ironclad look too athletic anyway!

On 10/5/2020 at 7:28 PM, Hogun said:

I say yes to all of this, but I disagree on Volstagg being the BAF. I want to own 3 copies of each Warrior. I think the BAF should be Laufey or Surtur. Replace Firelord with Volstagg

Tbf, highly unlikely they make Volstagg a "normal" figure (if they ever do, and I hope they do).  His buck is so...well, almost unusable after you make him  There aren't THAT many fat guys in the MU.

I would LOVE to see Surtur as a Marvel MasterWorks figure. But I figure he/it needs to be least 2x the size of his Asgardian foes.