Arcade1Up Announces New Marvel Pinball And Marvel Vs Capcom Game Cabinet

JayC

While details are sparse at the moment, Arcade1up has listed on their website two new Marvel based arcade machines that will be coming sometime later this year. The first is a Marvel based pinball machine which features artwork for the X-Men on one side and other Marvel heroes on the other side. The actual Pinball game portion seems to be Spider-Man based.

The second machine is a new Marvel Vs Capcom arcade cabinet that features four games. X-Men Children of the Atom, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. The Children of the Atom video game was previously released on their first Marvel Arcade Cabinet machine and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse was originally released as a SNES cartridge game. If I remember correctly it was a side-scroller type game featuring X-Men characters from the 90's.

No details on specific release dates or pricing have been announced yet, but you can check out images for both machines below. We will update this story as more detals become available.

Marvel-Pinball-01.png

Marvel-Pinball-02.png

Marvel-Pinball-03.png

Marvel-Pinball-04.png

Marvel-Pinball-05.png

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-01.png

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-02.png

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-03.png

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-04.png

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-05.jpg

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-06.jpg

Call me old school but to be honest I think I am more tempted by the pinball machine than the cabinet game. I saw the Star Wars one in person they had on display at Toy Fair, and they are smaller than a full size pinball but still cool. I might actually prefer the SW pineball over the Marvel one though.

2 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

The X-men art looks cool on the arcade machine.

It does, but for me having the Marvel Super Hero one already and figuring eventually they will do a third machine with more focus on Marvel vs Capcom, I will probably pass on this one.

Man this looks super great, and highly tempting, I have no room, but the fact this cabinet is so stacked (or both of them) is so cool, I am kinda surprised that both X-Men Mutant Apocalypse and Marvel War of the Gems are here , both were SNES only games (and 1 player games) and never were in the Arcade, both are very awesome, but quite hard, I actually was playing War of the Gems not long ago still so much makes me rage in that game   , I do own most of this stuff, really the game I trully just want back is MVC 2 (which was the best of them all and I lost it digitally when the Capcom x Marvel riff occurred), the Pinball machine is also so very stellar, I just wish I had space

On 6/14/2020 at 1:52 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Man this looks super great, and highly tempting, I have no room, but the fact this cabinet is so stacked (or both of them) is so cool, I am kinda surprised that both X-Men Mutant Apocalypse and Marvel War of the Gems are here , both were SNES only games (and 1 player games) and never were in the Arcade, both are very awesome, but quite hard, I actually was playing War of the Gems not long ago still so much makes me rage in that game   , I do own most of this stuff, really the game I trully just want back is MVC 2 (which was the best of them all and I lost it digitally when the Capcom x Marvel riff occurred), the Pinball machine is also so very stellar, I just wish I had space

Its definitely weird they included random snes games when its supposed to be an arcade machine.. and the fact that they are single player on a 2 player set up. It sucks we will probably never see MvC2 in this kind of capacity because it was on a unique hardware. These are mostly CPS2 based games which was super easy to emulate for years now. Naomi hardware (mvc2s hardware) isnt as easy. The emulation is out there but I dont know if it would require a decent internal hardware to run right would would cost alot. It doesnt take much to run and emulate cps2 stuff and is cost efficient. Also you shouldnt have lost mvc2 if you had bought it digitally, unless you sold or lost your console. You can still redownload it on your account on ps3/360s. 

• 1 month later...

Back in June we told you how a new Arcade 1Up had listed a new Marvel themed cabinet machine which would include games of X-Men Children of the Atom, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse.

Now that machine is still listed on the Arcade 1Up website, which is now said to include a Wi-Fi option for Online Play.

Where things get a little confusing however is that it says on the Arcade1up website that the machine is available for pre-order at Best Buy, but when you click on the Best Buy link it takes you to a completely different machine.

Now we should note on the Arcade 1Up website, it does say Cabinet artwork, features and games included may vary by retail partner. Please see retail partner listings for details. The Marvel vs Capcom edition is available from Best Buy. So we assume the machine featured on the Arcade 1Up website will see some kind or release eventually.

On the Best Buy website they have listed for pre-order a Marvel vs. Capcom Special Edition Arcade Cabinet. This one based on the images which you can see below includes games of Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom and an old Capcom SNES cartridge game called Marvel Super Heroes War Of Gems.

There are very little details listed on the Best Buy website about the machine itself. We assume it will have the Wi-Fi feature for online play like is listed on the Arcade 1up website. The online play will not work with the War Of Gems game. The images also indicate that you will not only get a Marvel themed riser but also a Marvel themed stool.

The cost for the Best Buy machine is $499.99, which I believe will make it the most expensive 1Up cabinet arcade machine released to date. It is listed with an October 1 release date.

If you have the original Marvel based cabinet released by Arcade 1Up, it means you will be getting one repeat game on this new machine with Marvel Super Heroes.

Arcade1up-01.jpg

Arcade1up-02.jpg

Arcade1up-03.jpg

Arcade1up-04.jpg

Arcade1up-05.jpg

Arcade1up-06.jpg

Arcade1up-07.jpg

Arcade1up-08.jpg

Arcade1up-09.jpg

Arcade1up-10.jpg

My best arcade memories of Marvel games are X-Men ( Welcome to die!!) Spider-Man ( the version that had Namor, Black Cat and Hawkeye as playable characters) and The Avengers with Cap, IM, Vision and Hawkeye..

give me any of these and its an instant buy