Unofficial Marvel Legends Box Sets Poll

leokearon

Agents of Atlas

Avengers

Black Order (they shoulda been done so long ago)

Champions

GoTG 

GoTG 3000

Heralds of Galactus

Inhumans

New Warriors

Young Avengers

Man there was alot of good choices, but just went quick with my gut on this one

Excalibur
Fear Lords
Generation X
Midnight Sons
New Warriors
Omega Flight
Savage Land Mutates
Serpent Society
X-Men 2099

*edit

wish I noticed Legion of Monsters because that would have been a top spot choice for me, ah well

Went with:

1. Asgardians
  2. Elders of the Universe
  3. GotG
  4. GotG (3000)
  5. Hellfire Club
  6. Legion of Monsters
  7. Marvel Cosmic Characters
  8. Serpent Society
  9. Squadron Supreme
  10. U-Foes

To some extent i was influenced by not wanting duplicate figures, for instance didn't opt for Inhumans set as it would likely involve getting another Black Bolt and Medusa and i'm not sure i'm up for that, even if new versions.

10 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Went with:

1. Asgardians
  2. Elders of the Universe
  3. GotG
  4. GotG (3000)
  5. Hellfire Club
  6. Legion of Monsters
  7. Marvel Cosmic Characters
  8. Serpent Society
  9. Squadron Supreme
  10. U-Foes

To some extent i was influenced by not wanting duplicate figures, for instance didn't opt for Inhumans set as it would likely involve getting another Black Bolt and Medusa and i'm not sure i'm up for that, even if new versions.

I am seeing these as having (hopefully) all new figures with not duplicates. I am planning to reveal what I would want in each of the winning sets.

36 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, that was an error and I added Starjammers. I was sure I had added them but my computer was acting up when I was compiling the list

No worries. And I believe you put "golden age" on there cause I keep going on about it lol. If so, thanks. there fore my picks were:

1. Golden Age
  2. Inhumans (Lockjaw, Triton, Karnak, Gorgon, Medusa with "Barbie" hair OR Crystal)
  3. Guardians 3000
  4. Agents of Atlas
  5. Starjammers
  6. Hall of Armor
  7. Legion of Monsters (Tomb of Dracula version, not this silly ponytail thing they came up with)
  8. Heralds of Galactus (Including the Silver Surfer; if they gave him a bigger body mold, all the better)
  9. Winter Guard
  10. Hellfire Club (If we don't get a single Emma, include her, if we do, then Black Queen/Jean. And no frickin twiggy bodies either.)

This was a tough one! I am a serious Avengers fan but I think we're gonna get those guys all eventually anyway, same for the X-Men. But seriously, the choices on the poll are almost all so good....outside of my top 5 I could plunk down for almost any listing there.

33 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

No worries. And I believe you put "golden age" on there cause I keep going on about it lol. If so, thanks. there fore my picks were:

1. Golden Age
  2. Inhumans (Lockjaw, Triton, Karnak, Gorgon, Medusa with "Barbie" hair OR Crystal)
  3. Guardians 3000
  4. Agents of Atlas
  5. Starjammers
  6. Hall of Armor
  7. Legion of Monsters (Tomb of Dracula version, not this silly ponytail thing they came up with)
  8. Heralds of Galactus (Including the Silver Surfer; if they gave him a bigger body mold, all the better)
  9. Winter Guard
  10. Hellfire Club (If we don't get a single Emma, include her, if we do, then Black Queen/Jean. And no frickin twiggy bodies either.)

This was a tough one! I am a serious Avengers fan but I think we're gonna get those guys all eventually anyway, same for the X-Men. But seriously, the choices on the poll are almost all so good....outside of my top 5 I could plunk down for almost any listing there.

Yeah, Golden age was put in there due to "someone" going on about it. Also there are some Golden Age characters that would be cool to see. 

Yeah, the Avengers and X-men will all be done, the team packs would have figures who haven't gotten a figure, so to help speed things up

17 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, Golden age was put in there due to "someone" going on about it. Also there are some Golden Age characters that would be cool to see. 

Yeah, the Avengers and X-men will all be done, the team packs would have figures who haven't gotten a figure, so to help speed things up

I hear you. A Mighty Avengers, with the original 5 would be so very cool....especially Iron Man in his shiny golden armor...and Thor would be great for those who missed him the first time.

Man! Just imagine any one of those packs on the survey coming out with NO previous announcement.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I hear you. A Mighty Avengers, with the original 5 would be so very cool....especially Iron Man in his shiny golden armor...and Thor would be great for those who missed him the first time.

Man! Just imagine any one of those packs on the survey coming out with NO previous announcement.

Available for pre-order from today it's the Marvel Legends Weapon P.R.I.M.E boxset

Champions would be neat as we're still missing Ironheart, Amadeus Cho, Viv Vision and Nadia Pym.

Inhumans with Crystal, Lockjaw, Gorgon and Karnak is a no-brainer and had the TV show not tanked we probably would've gotten something like that eventually.

Generation X and New Warriors are both no-brainers. 

I'd be interested in the Ultimates if it's the 2015 version so we could finally get Blue Marvel and Miss America. 

Masters of Evil with Moonstone, 80s Zemo, Mr. Hyde and Titania would be amazing.  I was tempted to say Goliath as well but I can't remember the last time they put a giant character in a box set. 

Young Avengers is a team that badly needs a redo. We already have Kate Bishop so Patriot, Wiccan, Hulking and Speed would be obvious. Not sure if they'd make Stature (again a size thing) but I guess we already have her as Stinger. Kid Loki would also be cool.

A Golden Age set with Captain America (exposed neck and triangle shield), android Human Torch, Spitfire and a new Golden Age Bucky would be awesome. 

Agents of Atlas would be amazing. I think Wave has a really cool design.

Not a ton of interest in SHIELD but it'd be nice to finally get Quake.

Brotherhood with Destiny, Avalanche, Pyro, Toad and Blob (BAF-sized)

Excalibur with Shadowcat (Blue Puffy costume) with Lockheed, Rachel Summers (Hound), Meggan (Green costume), Pete Wisdom and Douglock

Gen X with Jubilee, Chamber, Skin, Husk, M, Penance, Emma and Banshee

Hellfire with Sebastian Shaw, White Queen, Mastermind, Harry Leland, Selene and Tessa

Marauders with Vertigo, Scalphunter, Malice, Arclight, Harpoon, Riptide and Sabretooth (on Omega Red buck)

Mojoverse with Mojo (BAF-sized), Spiral with X-Babies Sugah, Shower, Cyke, Wolvie, Colossus

Morlocks with Callisto, Caliban (tall, lanky), Annalee, Plague, Leech & Artie, Sunder, Tommy and Marrow

Nasty Boys with Ruckus, Slab, Gorgeous George, Hairbag and battle-damaged Mr Sinister

Outback X-men with Longshot, Rogue, Havok, Psylocke (puffy or armored) and Colossus (would like a Piotr/no armor)

Starjammers with Corsair, Hepzibah, Ch'od with Cr'reee, Raza, Sikorsky and Binary

Runner Up: Power Pack! Loved the issue when the kids went into the Morlock Tunnels.

This is an excellent poll, especially the idea that we'd get these without duplicates.  

• A-Next
  • Asgardians
  • Guardians (Modern)
  • Marvel Cosmic Characters
  • Midnight Sons
  • New Warriors
  • Serpent Society
  • Slingers
  • Spider-Verse
  • Thunderbolts

Runner Up: New Mutants, just wanted some of these a little more.

25 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

This is an excellent poll, especially the idea that we'd get these without duplicates.  

• A-Next
  • Asgardians
  • Guardians (Modern)
  • Marvel Cosmic Characters
  • Midnight Sons
  • New Warriors
  • Serpent Society
  • Slingers
  • Spider-Verse
  • Thunderbolts

Runner Up: New Mutants, just wanted some of these a little more.

Thanks, there's nothing worse that a set having figures you already have

Pretty comprehensive list, I could go for a lot of the options. Narrowed it down by deliberately choosing teams/groups with little to no representation with the idea that the whole filling in teams concept is already an incentive to produce those characters.  I went with:                                                                                                                                                      -Olympian gods (the most well-known pantheon to the general public and Marvel's second most developed pantheon after the Asgardians)                -Agents of Atlas  (first team)                                                                             -Emissaries of Evil (first team: original Gladiator, Stilt-Man, Leap Frog, etc...Daredevil's underrepresented with enemies and these guys are visually interesting, quirky)                                                                                                         -Fear Lords (need more supernatural villains, chance to get Nightmare, again visually interesting characters)                                                                             -Knights of Wundagore (with High Evolutionary, Man-Beast, Knights, Recorder 211, could throw in Quicksilver, Adam Warlock, Black Knight or Thor for an anchor character)                                                                                                      -Savage Land Mutates (could incorporate Ka-Zar, classic Shanna the She-Devil, Plunderer with Mutates under The Savage Land as a heading)                          -Rangers (visually appealing characters; would give some representation to the rest of the country rather than just NYC heroes)                                                                                                                  -S.H.I.E.L.D. (classic agents like Val de Fontane, Clay Quartermain, Gabe Jones, maybe mixed with some of the TV agents: Quake/Daisy, May, Fitzsimmons, Coulson, Mac, Yo-Yo)                                                                                               -Salem's Seven (George Perez designed, mystical team)                                             -Zodiac (first human team)                                                                                                                                        Honorable mention: Avengers Academy/Initiative, Power Pack, Eternals, Golden Age (Liberty Legion), Serpent Society, Winter Guard, Neal Adams X-men, Defenders (core non-team characters with maybe some "Defenders for a Day" members thrown in), Great Lakes Avengers, Deep Six.                          Would also go for: Night Shift (with Shroud), Circus of Crime, Champions of Xandar, Imperial Guard, Deep Six (Sub-mariner team with Stingray, Tamara, Triton, etc...)

and the results are in another joint first!

1. Excalibur/Generation X
  2. Hellfire Club
  3. Acolytes
  4. Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
  5. Masters of Evil
  6. Heralds of Galactus
  7. Mojoverse
  8. Serpent Society
  9. Marauders
  10. New Warriors

I'll be revealing who I would put into each box later today. 

Also this will be the last poll for a while, since I'm out of ideas

Some solid results. Here's who I'd like to see in some of those sets:

• Excalibur: Captain Britain, Meggan, Nightcrawler (with mullet), Phoenix, Shadowcat
  • Generation X: Chamber, Husk, Jubilee, M, Skin (this one's tough, and Synch or Penance would be great too)
  • Hellfire Club: Emma Frost, Harry Leland, Jason Wyngarde, Sebastian Shaw, Selene
  • Acolytes: Amelia Voght, Colossus, Exodus, Fabian Cortez, Senyaka
  • Brotherhood of Evil Mutants: Avalanche, Blob, Destiny, Phantazia, Toad
  • Mojoverse: Longshot, Mojo, Spiral, and as many X-Babies as they could pack in
  • Marauders: Arclight, Harpoon, Sabretooth, Scalphunter, Vertigo

Nice results, I'm not sure who I'd want in most of the X-Boxes, but I'd like to see these possibilities:

• Masters of Evil: Ultron-5 (or any Ultron), Executioner, Melter, Mr. Hyde, and Blackout
  • Serpent Society: Death Adder, Black Mamba, Diamondback, Rattler, Anaconda, and Bushmaster
  • Heralds of Galactus: Firelord (preferably Annihilation), Air Walker, Stardust, Red Shift, and Morg or Fallen One
  • New Warriors: Firestar, Namorita, Justice, Speedball, Nova (classic).