Marvel Legends 6" Strong Guy BAF Wave Shiklah And Jeff The Land Shark Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Shiklah And Jeff The Land Shark figures from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images or this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Shiklah-00.JPG

Shiklah-01.JPG

Shiklah-02.JPG

Shiklah-03.JPG

Shiklah-04.JPG

Shiklah-05.JPG

Shiklah-06.JPG

Shiklah-07.JPG

Shiklah-08.JPG

Shiklah-09.JPG

Shiklah-10.JPG

Shiklah-11.JPG

Shiklah-12.JPG

Shiklah-13.JPG

Shiklah-14.JPG

Shiklah-15.JPG

Shiklah-16.JPG

Shiklah-17.JPG

Shiklah-18.JPG

Shiklah-19.JPG

Shiklah-20.JPG

Shiklah-21.JPG

Shiklah-22.JPG

Shiklah-23.JPG

Shiklah-24.JPG

Shiklah-25.JPG

I love this figure! I have the issue where she and Deadpool got married, it's good stuff! Adding in Jeff is just an absolute bonus. Weird to package him with her though, I'm guessing Hasbro was worried about her selling....

I don't want to be mad about this figure I shouldn't complain that finally we get a Shiklah, who has been on my most wanted list for along time, but I do have a problem with how scrawny she looks, but alas this is how ML chicks look now, so I can't gripe about it, her face def looks better than the original pics, but still a bit "stronger" then I would have desired, anyways all in all, Finally Shiklah! I'm very stoked to get this on my shelf

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I don't want to be mad about this figure I shouldn't complain that finally we get a Shiklah, who has been on my most wanted list for along time, but I do have a problem with how scrawny she looks, but alas this is how ML chicks look now, so I can't gripe about it, her face def looks better than the original pics, but still a bit "stronger" then I would have desired, anyways all in all, Finally Shiklah! I'm very stoked to get this on my shelf

I hear you. But I can gripe about it if you won't. It doesn't make sense that they're using this scrawny mold for virtually every female figure they have. It might be adequate for say, a Kate Bishop. But when Kate's body is the exact same as the Black Widow's then its just laziness. Collectors complained that Wolverine shouldn't be as tall as the standard 6" figure. Hasbro changed that. They could've used a standard male buck for all their male figures, but in the comics Spider-Man isn't as big as Captain America, and Cap's not as tall as say, Colossus or Bishop. Clearly Hasbro can see there's different body types/sizes for male figures so there shouldn't be a problem for females.

I cancelled my order for Shiklah. I love the colors and the sugarskull print and the jewelry. The face looks ridiculous though and the hands are way too big (another issue Hasbro has is they keep giving females the same hands; only time they switch it up is with She-Hulk), and bottom line, that scrawny look is something I'm not going to keep shelling money out for. Maybe down the road they'll do it right.

A waste of plastic if you ask me. Why does Hasbro isist on making characters that most don't care about like her&squirlgirl, and yet there more essential characters that havent even  been made yet, i.e.Kang, Orka, Comic Heimdal, Balder,Nightmare, Gorgon,Eternals Ikaris, Sersi,Karkis, The Owl, Mr.Hyde, Elder of the Univ Champion, comic vers.Gamemaster&The Collector,Krang,Surter,Classics swordsman,Karanak,Triton,Crystal, Lockjaw,invaders Whizzer just to name a few, or even characters due for a reissue i.e., Classic Hercules,Dragonman,comic Bucky,comic Falcon, I can go on and on! Cmon Hasbro...give us the fans what we REALLY WANT!

54 minutes ago, Jmo said:

A waste of plastic if you ask me. Why does Hasbro isist on making characters that most don't care about like her&squirlgirl, and yet there more essential characters that havent even  been made yet, i.e.Kang, Orka, Comic Heimdal, Balder,Nightmare, Gorgon,Eternals Ikaris, Sersi,Karkis, The Owl, Mr.Hyde, Elder of the Univ Champion, comic vers.Gamemaster&The Collector,Krang,Surter,Classics swordsman,Karanak,Triton,Crystal, Lockjaw,invaders Whizzer just to name a few, or even characters due for a reissue i.e., Classic Hercules,Dragonman,comic Bucky,comic Falcon, I can go on and on! Cmon Hasbro...give us the fans what we REALLY WANT!

Just because someone doesn't deem a character "essential" doesn't mean others don't want it. Similarly a character that someone deems "essential" doesn't mean that others would consider that character "essential". 

Hasbro have to try and appease everyone which is impossible so they try to do the best they can.

I wanna know, in what world is Orca 2nd on the list when someone is brainstorming "more essential" marvel characters that need figures? What essential stories has Orca been a huge part of?

I do sympathize with the preference for more classic comic characters, but its been clear for quite awhile that hasbro intends to make figures representing numerous eras of marvel history, including many from the modern era and from the 90s.  Whether thats a good idea or not, clearly Disney/Marvel wants some modern representation and i'm sure there are marvel enthusiasts at hasbro that get excited about making figures for characters they've read in recent hot titles. The 90s stuff seems to sell well so can't fault hasbro there.  No big deal to me as i can't afford to buy all the figures hasbro makes by a long shot so i cherry pick the ones i want and don't get upset by figures that don't appeal to me.  But i understand when people are committed to building Strong Guy, they are gonna be more passionate about the wave character selections.

@Jmo as you can see from the comments, we don't like the terms "Waste of Plastic" or "No one asked for this" in these forums.

There is no such things as waste of plastic as there will always be someone who wants it. Take all the deadpools in this wave, I know several collectors (myself including) who love to build waredrobes of characters. There is also the fact that many collectors only collect one characters.

so yeah, don't say those terms here as you will get pounced on.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
2 hours ago, Jmo said:

FYI, Hasbro already made a Kang. 

See the source image

I don't want to hear that this is a bad figure. I own it. it's not bad. it could be updated. but still a fine figure. 

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I hear you. But I can gripe about it if you won't. It doesn't make sense that they're using this scrawny mold for virtually every female figure they have. It might be adequate for say, a Kate Bishop. But when Kate's body is the exact same as the Black Widow's then its just laziness. Collectors complained that Wolverine shouldn't be as tall as the standard 6" figure. Hasbro changed that. They could've used a standard male buck for all their male figures, but in the comics Spider-Man isn't as big as Captain America, and Cap's not as tall as say, Colossus or Bishop. Clearly Hasbro can see there's different body types/sizes for male figures so there shouldn't be a problem for females.

That's the world we live in today. By no means can any female character be "inadequate" in any way to any other. Put them on a production line and pump them out. All flat, all skinny, all looking like 13 year old boys with different lines drawn on them. Oh, but by all means, make several different and distinct molds for all of the male characters and make more than one version of that character using any number of those molds. That's just the way the current culture likes it and there are several people on these very boards who adhere to this logic wholeheartedly.

And before anyone decides to remind me how many different female molds there are, yes, I know, and they all all just tiny variations of the same old non-distinct, "non-offensive" female-like body. Guarantee though, when it's time to do an overweight female character (now deemed as average) they're gonna go through ever avenue to make a new mold and make sure everyone knows how this average is the new standard.

As far as the figure goes, it's about par for the course. Nothing particularly outstanding, but it's actually a pretty decent figure and it's of a character I thought I'd never see. I've purchased worse, in fact I've purchased much worse. Anyone remember Spider-Ham?

4 hours ago, Jmo said:

Ok, I clearly pointed out that I don't like how they did this Shilka figure. That's not the same as "waste of plastic". I don't know that I could say that about any choices they make. I personally could care less about X-Force or New Mutants....but would never stand in the way of a collector who wanted them. Further, I would expect (demand) that those figures be made correctly....even if I myself have no interest in buying them.

I've heard others say and on other forums "this is a waste of plastic" or "a figure nobody asked for".  Its a bizarre statement to have. One buyer may not care for a figure, but others may really like it. Hasbro has even convinced me to buy and like figures I thought were easy passes- Deadpool, She-Hulk, Rage, shirtless Shang-Chi for example. I never "asked" for Spymaster, Angela, Living Lightning, or Black Cat (the first and best one- that Kingpin baf one was a very hard pass) but am damn glad they made them.

There are things I like about  Shilka, in fact I was gonna get her. But if they want my $$ they're gonna have to make the figure correctly.

All those characters you mention are also wanted by others on this forum. And I expect youre gonna see em all pretty soon!

Maybe not Orka though.

9 hours ago, Jmo said:

You see sir, you are incorrect in making the statement "waste of plastic" and making of characters nobody wants, I for one have been loudly asking for a Shiklah figure for years, and had been asking for a Squirrel Girl, I am betting since Hasbro didn't come and directly ask me what figures I specially wanted to see in 2020, there must be a large enough demand on this earth for a Shiklah figure, and a Squirrelgirl, both of whom are far more currently relevant then Krang, Whizzer, Owl or Orka and probably far more viable to produce so therefore said "non essentials" arn't non essential at all, Squirrel girl had a huge increase in fanbase, appeared in a popular recent cartoon, and had a few successful comic runs, Shiklah was married to Deadpool (one of the biggest money makers marvel has) and even ran a team as Ms. Deadpool, ask around, most people except for old geezer man jim are making any noise for any of those mentioned like krang or orka (they havn't been in comics Ive seen for eons).. you gotta remember it's really not collectors first, it's kids and parents first , how many 10 year olds are going to walk into wal-mart and go omg mom buy me whizzer! , when they'd probably for sure say buy me Deadpool's girlfriend to go with my 45 deadpools.

if Hasbro makes a figure, obviously its warranted and has some/lots of demand and has popularity or they wouldn't waste their resources to create it, why would they want to chuck money into a sarlac pit

but hey don't get it twisted I'd love me an Orka figure..

Ummm....I want an Orca figure. He's a behemoth!! 

This character has no appeal to me but for those that know and like her...well I'm glad you are getting her. 

I would love to see more obscure characters in the future. ( BTW...Im making a WHIZZER custom now)

If they are gonna keep making Deadpool waves...then bring on the obscure characters!

19 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Ummm....I want an Orca figure. He's a behemoth!! 

Nonsense, sir, I say NONSENSE...no rational, sane person wants Orka. In fact Hasbeen personally informed me they have no interest in this figure UNLESS he's a BAF:

1. Sub-Mariner (70s water wings; R arm)
  2. Namorita   (torso)
  3. Namora  (L arm)
  4. Stingray  (head)
  5. Attuma (R leg)
  6. Tigershark  (NO Hyperion buck, L leg)

Smb.jpg