Marvel Legends 6" Strong Guy Build-A-Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Strong Guy Build-A-Figure from Hasbro. You can purchase the wave with this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images or this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Strong-Guy-BAF-01.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-02.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-03.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-04.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-05.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-06.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-08.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-09.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-10.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-11.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-12.JPG

Strong-Guy-BAF-07.JPG

Happy for those who really want a Strong Guy figure, but he’s not my cup of tea. Like many have said before, at least this time I have an excuse to pass on a BAF.

I’d love to see a BAF Lockjaw before too long.

And can I get an “Amen” for wanting Death Adder to be produced? Marvel Legends needs to crank out the Serpent Society in its slithering entirety!

3 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

I was hoping strong guy to be a lot bigger.

image.thumb.jpeg.0cfdc9db341c1769d5993ef68bed645a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.01a78acc5aed8a3aa7c85e8c955a9f82.jpeg

He's 7ft 750lbs. Geez, some of you & your size upgrade wishes. Let one artist take artistic license & draw him outta scale at 9-10 ft tall & that's how ya want him. Only 2 Marvel characters have ever been listed as being 10 footers, Sasquatch & Champion! Not Hulk, not Thanos, not Guido.

You know what?  I'm a huge fan of Legends and the BAF concept.  But they've always used 'optional' characters for the BAF.  This is a main character of 90's X-Force and I've spend a ton of money collecting the other members in their 'right' colors, etc.  Now I MUST buy every figure to finish the set with Strong Guy?  

I really hope they do (and they will) release him as a 'deluxe' figure.  Maybe a year from now, maybe two.  It will be done.  It's a bitter-sweet realization because I generally buy entire sets just for the BAF but this is the way they seem to be headed these days.

So kudos to current collectors.  I only want three from this series but SG is the only character I still need for the X-Force set.  I can wait a year to pay $30 for him with slightly diff colors.  🙂

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

He's 7ft 750lbs. Geez, some of you & your size upgrade wishes. Let one artist take artistic license & draw him outta scale at 9-10 ft tall & that's how ya want him. Only 2 Marvel characters have ever been listed as being 10 footers, Sasquatch & Champion! Not Hulk, not Thanos, not Guido.

Yeah, but virtually every artist has drawn Strong Guy around 8 to 9 feet tall, since his inception, so at a certain point editiorial decisions about height just fail to apply. It's actually only some of his more recent appearances where he's been depicted at around 6 or 7 feet, no doubt because he was incorrectly listed at 7 feet. He was always inhumanly massive when he was first introduced, when he was on Muir Island, and certainly throughout his career as part of the government X-Factor team, as depicted here. He's pretty much always appeared taller than Colossus or Warpath, both of whom are over 7 feet tall.

9 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I like it when my toys look accurate to the things I read. Not to a list. But to each their own.

Though his "official " stats list him as 7' he is often portrayed as much larger than both Warpath and Colossus, but I think given the allowed workable material and package restrictions this is probably the best they could come up with. I like the way he scales with his teammates and though not shown with Juggernaut in these pics (see MCU Collector's review) he does scale pretty accurate with the Juggernaut. Overall he's a bit inaccurate, but nowhere near as badly as Sasquatch. And don't even get me started on how painfully small this waves Warpath is.

71I8JIfvGlL._AC_SL1188_.jpg

I love this figure, long overdue! I love the whole wave except for the 2 Deadpools which I'm mad I have to buy for the BAF pieces.

Someone mentioned a Lockjaw BAF, yeah that's been another want for a long time - but now that the Mezco one is due out yet this month (with Black Bolt), it's a little too late. Nothing Hasbro could do could ever compare to that. I've never bought anything from Mezco's One:12 line before but I'm making the exception for Lockjaw. He's a must have. Hopefully Hasbro will get around to making more Inhumans. They released Karnak and Triton (and Lockjaw actually too as a SDCC exclusive) in 3.75" scale, so I've long expected versions to become Legends at least.

You guys do realize that Guido mutation cause his muscle to (painfully) increase in size. So his mutation has caused him to appear larger or smaller depend on how much muscle he has to endure. So yeah, most of the panel has shown him bulkier only because his mass has increased.

5 hours ago, tarot said:

You guys do realize that Guido mutation cause his muscle to (painfully) increase in size. So his mutation has caused him to appear larger or smaller depend on how much muscle he has to endure. So yeah, most of the panel has shown him bulkier only because his mass has increased.

He can only hold that increased size for about a minute or two without rendering it permanent. So, it's pretty unlikely he's temporarily bigger in any of the group shots that clearly show how much bigger he is than his 6-foot teammates.

14 hours ago, monron999 said:

Though his "official " stats list him as 7' he is often portrayed as much larger than both Warpath and Colossus, but I think given the allowed workable material and package restrictions this is probably the best they could come up with. I like the way he scales with his teammates and though not shown with Juggernaut in these pics (see MCU Collector's review) he does scale pretty accurate with the Juggernaut. Overall he's a bit inaccurate, but nowhere near as badly as Sasquatch. And don't even get me started on how painfully small this waves Warpath is.

71I8JIfvGlL._AC_SL1188_.jpg

Those team group shots aren't the best examples to show hgt  differential due to the top to bottom placements. Archangel is drawn the same hgt as Warpath who's a 7 footer. Gambit is beneath Cyke, looks like the they're all standing on rows of risers. Thing is that Hasbro did a great job on depicting Guido for the 1st time ever in ML scale. His hgt next to Cyclops who's 6'3, is perfect.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Those team group shots aren't the best examples to show hgt  differential due to the top to bottom placements. Archangel is drawn the same hgt as Warpath who's a 7 footer. Gambit is beneath Cyke, looks like the they're all standing on rows of risers. Thing is that Hasbro did a great job on depicting Guido for the 1st time ever in ML scale. His hgt next to Cyclops who's 6'3, is perfect.

Ya, I know it's kind of a terraced view, but I think Warpath, Colossus and Guido are on comparable levels. Jim Lee took his liberties as much as anyone else but Strong Guy was always on the "bigger" side as compared to the other two. Like I said, personally I'm happy with this Strong Guy figure, I think he looks really good. He's not my big complaint here. My biggest problem is the way Warpath scales with the other two. He should have been done at least as big as Colossus, end of story. As a fellow Scale Nazi (ya, I know some people don't like the word, deal with it), I know you can see my point.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

He can only hold that increased size for about a minute or two without rendering it permanent. So, it's pretty unlikely he's temporarily bigger in any of the group shots that clearly show how much bigger he is than his 6-foot teammates.

Lol. I can imagine him asking Colossus or Warpath to smack him around a little bit to make him look more swole as he poses for the group shot. That would be right around Guido's wheelhouse, but I doubt Jim Lee put that much thought into the artwork. He was quite enamoured by the popularity of Guido at the time and I think he just wanted him to stick out in the picture.

I hoped that seeing pictures like this of him fully built might make me like this figure more, It doesn't really, Guido never was a character I liked the look for, he was goofy, I wish I wanted to have this figure more, I'm def getting rid of this one, I understand how important he is in building X-Factor, but I'm okay.. I'm not a completeist

21 hours ago, monron999 said:

Ya, I know it's kind of a terraced view, but I think Warpath, Colossus and Guido are on comparable levels. Jim Lee took his liberties as much as anyone else but Strong Guy was always on the "bigger" side as compared to the other two. Like I said, personally I'm happy with this Strong Guy figure, I think he looks really good. He's not my big complaint here. My biggest problem is the way Warpath scales with the other two. He should have been done at least as big as Colossus, end of story. As a fellow Scale Nazi (ya, I know some people don't like the word, deal with it), I know you can see my point.

Of the 3, Colossus at a listed armored hgt of 7'5 is the biggest X-man . Guido & Warpath are listed as 7 footers.  Woulda been nice if reviewer woulda put Colossus next Guido or even the 80th anniversary Hulk.