Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse 6" Morph Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Age Of Apocalypse Morph figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Morph-01.JPG

Morph-02.JPG

Morph-03.JPG

Morph-04.JPG

Morph-05.JPG

Morph-06.JPG

Morph-07.JPG

Morph-08.JPG

Morph-09.JPG

Morph-10.JPG

Morph-11.JPG

Morph-12.JPG

Morph-13.JPG

Morph-14.JPG

Morph-15.JPG

Morph-16.JPG

Morph-17.JPG

Morph-18.JPG

Morph-19.JPG

Morph-20.JPG

Morph-21.JPG

Morph-22.JPG

Morph-23.JPG

Morph-24.JPG

Morph-25.JPG

Morph-26.JPG

Morph-27.JPG

Morph-28.JPG

Morph-29.JPG

Morph-30.JPG

Morph-31.JPG

Morph-32.JPG

Morph-33.JPG

Morph-34.JPG

Morph-35.JPG

Morph-36.JPG

Morph-37.JPG

I really like this figure, and it's odd that it seems like both him and Wolvie are the pegwarmers of this wave, I would have thought everyone would be excited to get a Morph, maybe it's the smirk on his face? I would have preferred a neutral facial expression myself.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I really like this figure, and it's odd that it seems like both him and Wolvie are the pegwarmers of this wave, I would have thought everyone would be excited to get a Morph, maybe it's the smirk on his face? I would have preferred a neutral facial expression myself.

Is it a peg warmer because it is the most unique and anticipated figure? I thought dark beast is in top3 of this wave.

This is by far the figure from this wave that I am most lukewarm about. I just don't really care about Morph, and nothing about the figure stands out or compels me to overcome that indifference. I liked the Age of Apocalypse Astonishing X-Men, and I liked the Exiles, but Morph didn't have a whole lot to do with my feelings on either. He was just sort of there. For me, the wave goes like this:

1. Sugar Man
  2. Sunfire
  3. Beast
  4. Jean Grey
  5. Weapon X
  6. Wild Child
  7. X-Man
  8. Morph

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

A decent alternative would be a pretty easy repaint of the Madcap head.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200620195350882.jpg

3 hours ago, Benn said:

This is by far the figure from this wave that I am most lukewarm about. I just don't really care about Morph, and nothing about the figure stands out or compels me to overcome that indifference. I liked the Age of Apocalypse Astonishing X-Men, and I liked the Exiles, but Morph didn't have a whole lot to do with my feelings on either. He was just sort of there. For me, the wave goes like this:

1. Sugar Man
  2. Sunfire
  3. Beast
  4. Jean Grey
  5. Weapon X
  6. Wild Child
  7. X-Man
  8. Morph

I agree, this version of Morph was the biggest WTF of any wave since that ridiculous Iron Skull from a few years back. Still waiting for the cartoon Morph/X-Uniform army builder figure that Hasbro has to be aware that we want. The only way my list would differ from yours is I would flip the 2 and 3 spots.

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

The smirk is hideous to be sure, but I think this is just not the version if the character anyone wanted. I'd say the majority of people will use this one in an Exiles display rather than an X-Men display.

4 hours ago, Benn said:

the wave goes like this:

1. Sugar Man
  2. Sunfire
  3. Beast
  4. Jean Grey
  5. Weapon X
  6. Wild Child
  7. X-Man
  8. Morph

Yeah gotta say I agree on this list for the most part , Sugar Man trully is a fantastic BAF, and might be one of my favourite BAFs ever, he's just such a crazy huge monster of awesome, both Beast & Sunfire are stunning as well, Beast is perfectly executed I think

my list would go

1. Sugar Man

2. Beast

3. Sunfire

4. Jean Grey

5. Morph (I was a big fan of Morph's look in AOA as a kid, so it resonated with me)

6. Wild Child (just never really care about Wild Child, but looks more interesting than the bottom 2)

7. Weapon X (I trully have Wolverine fatigue)

8. X-Man (just isn't that interesting of a figure)

I love this figure!

I found this wave at Walmart on Friday. They had at least 3 of everyone on the pegs with the exception of no Dark Beasts or Sunfires. Those were already gone. I've got the whole wave on pre-order with BBTS to complete Sugar Man but Jean, Sunfire and Weapon X will immediately be sold on Ebay. For me personally, I'd rank this wave in the following order: X-Man, Morph, Wild Child, Dark Beast, Sugar Man, Jean Grey, Sunfire, Weapon X.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

I agree, this version of Morph was the biggest WTF of any wave since that ridiculous Iron Skull from a few years back. Still waiting for the cartoon Morph/X-Uniform army builder figure that Hasbro has to be aware that we want. The only way my list would differ from yours is I would flip the 2 and 3 spots.

He isn't a curveball as Iron Skull, given he is an AOA X-Man and a version of him had a run in the Exiles. But I am still waiting for XTAS Morph and 616 Changeling

Probably the figure I have the least amount of interest in from this wave. Feels like he should’ve come with 1 or 2 alternate heads, at least one of which should’ve been a head halfway thru transforming like the mystique/rogue one. But this wave on the whole feels skimpy in terms of accessories- neither Jean nor Sunfire came with any either.

7 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Probably the figure I have the least amount of interest in from this wave. Feels like he should’ve come with 1 or 2 alternate heads, at least one of which should’ve been a head halfway thru transforming like the mystique/rogue one. But this wave on the whole feels skimpy in terms of accessories- neither Jean nor Sunfire came with any either.

I feel like there was missed opportunity here.  I would have gone full-on deluxe format with this guy.  Give him, like, six alternate heads: some transforming, others with wacky expressions.  I remember in Astonishing X-Men #1 (I think) he has a normal human-looking head for a panel, albeit cast in shadow.  Then he's doing an impression of Sabretooth during Magneto's mission briefing.  Later on in issue 1, he lays a big kiss on Quicksilver with giant cartoon lips.  Then, over the course of the next three issues, he transforms himself into a platform that the team rides on, a brick wall that they all hide behind, a giant block that gets dropped on Holocaust, a whale, a squid, and a ton of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.  (So the whale probably wouldn't fit in the package.  My point is, you have options.)  Give him some stretchy arms with hammer fists.  It was a chance to go nuts that Hasbro didn't take.

The mantle/cape piece looks really awkward to me.  It just floats there above him instead of being a part of his costume.  And not to beat a dead horse, but the head they did give him, I'm also not psyched on.  Looks like Mike McKone and it really should have looked like Joe Mad.  Is that raised eyebrow taken directly from the cover to Exiles #1 or what?

detail.thumb.jpg.1b0e9df50dca93186f9067c7eee6ad32.jpg

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

As Shartimus himself said, if you ask Hasbro about the lack of accessories, they will probably tell you most of the money in this wave went to Sugar Man

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

As Shartimus himself said, if you ask Hasbro about the lack of accessories, they will probably tell you most of the money in this wave went to Sugar Man

Sure. and for the most part it doesn't bug me, since i have enough effect pieces from other figures to give flame effects/fireballs to Sunfire, and something i can use for Jean.  But i can't really duplicate any more heads for morph so it feels like he would've especially benefited from an extra head accessory.  I don't know that the character is in-demand enough to merit a deluxe figure.  I suspect we will get an animated series morph in some sort of 2- or 3-pack at some point, or even as part of a wave.   

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

The mantle/cape piece looks really awkward to me.  It just floats there above him instead of being a part of his costume.  And not to beat a dead horse, but the head they did give him, I'm also not psyched on.  Looks like Mike McKone and it really should have looked like Joe Mad.  Is that raised eyebrow taken directly from the cover to Exiles #1 or what?

detail.thumb.jpg.1b0e9df50dca93186f9067c7eee6ad32.jpg

Yup, definitely agree that it came straight from this cover. Also answered my question about why the Blink figure had shorter hair. I always remembered AoA Blink having long hair but the figure didn't (but not a big deal to me). But it definitely makes more sense if Hasbro used this image as a reference.

14 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Sure. and for the most part it doesn't bug me, since i have enough effect pieces from other figures to give flame effects/fireballs to Sunfire, and something i can use for Jean.  But i can't really duplicate any more heads for morph so it feels like he would've especially benefited from an extra head accessory.  I don't know that the character is in-demand enough to merit a deluxe figure.  I suspect we will get an animated series morph in some sort of 2- or 3-pack at some point, or even as part of a wave.   

I suggested earlier in the post of a quick repaint of the Madcap head as an alternative head. Don't know why Hasbro didn't include at least one extra headsculpt (they could have just reused the Madcap) because I totally agree with you that he would have benefited with having at least one more.

11 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

As I have said before, I would love XTAS Morph to be part of a Vintage line with the same heads as the 90's toyline version

I'm not really understanding the requests for more head sculpts with this figure.  He's morph; he can be anyone and any similarly-sized figure head will fit.  Reminds me of the Walgreens Mystique figure, where just about everything I read considered the Rogue/Mystique head that it came with to be lame and otherwise pointless.  Hasbro just can't win with its customers.

Anyway, it's a character people have been asking for for years now.  We finally have it.  With the amount of originals in this wave (even if they're specific to AoA), this is one of the strongest they've released in a while.  

On 6/23/2020 at 12:16 AM, Virtualzach said:

I'm not really understanding the requests for more head sculpts with this figure.  He's morph; he can be anyone and any similarly-sized figure head will fit.  Reminds me of the Walgreens Mystique figure, where just about everything I read considered the Rogue/Mystique head that it came with to be lame and otherwise pointless.  Hasbro just can't win with its customers.

Anyway, it's a character people have been asking for for years now.  We finally have it.  With the amount of originals in this wave (even if they're specific to AoA), this is one of the strongest they've released in a while.  

I think asking for an additional head sculpt has to do more with the fact that many people aren't happy with the one that he came with.

I think people are complaining about Morph, and the others in this wave not getting any other accessories or parts because Dark Beast, the biggest figure of the wave, comes with extra hands. Sure those extra hands are just a repaint of the same hands that came with the regular-release Caliban Beast, so the given reasoning doesn't line up.

Morph could probably benefit from a repacked/straight up rerelease of an extra head from another figure or Jean or Nate a TK blast power display or WildChild extra hands or fire effects for Sunfire.