Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse 6" Sunfire Figure Video Review And Images

Recommended Posts

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Age Of Apocalypse Sunfire figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.
 



Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-13.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-14.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-15.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-16.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-17.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-18.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-19.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-20.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-21.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-22.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-23.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-24.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-25.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-26.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-27.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-28.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-29.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-30.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-31.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-32.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-33.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-34.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-35.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-36.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-37.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-38.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-39.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-40.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-41.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-42.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-43.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-44.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-45.JPG

Marvel-Legends-AOA-Sunspot-46.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best looking figure in the bunch IMO. I like that they kept the body mold consistent between the two different versions. Who'd have ever thought we'd have two different versions of Sunfire before we get one Lady Deathstrike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really is a stand out figure, I love it, this and Dark Beast are the crown holders of this wave (after Sugar Man of course)

I have a strong desire to pose this with Living Laser and get some good lights in the back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hands down, best figure in the wave, and the only one I was interested in getting. Impatient for his arrival. I have the original and really like it but this one improves on that one so much. The blast effects used in the photos really go well this figure!! Ive got a feeling this is gonna go on somebody's "Best of 2020" list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  had the prior version of this and was happy with it so didn't really see the need for a re-do, but am happy for everyone who didn't get the prior version. I just wish I wasn't forced to get it to get a BAF piece for Sugar Man. Oddly I didn't end up grabbing the standard red and white version and regret it because that's the version of Sunfire that I most identify with and prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved this figure, nothing extremely special but a great rendition of the character, Im still waiting to find the Dark beast and waiting for X-Man, Morph and Wildchild to be on discount so I can complete the wave, I really hope we get another wave or a pack down the line, still need more figures from AOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,  Sunfire would've benefitted with flame accessories. Even re-used from Human Torch and/or Iron-Man. I personally would've wanted the accessories more than the BAF piece. Similar to having a figure included in the wave without the BAF, like the 6-armed Spidey from the Kingpin wave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reno said:

I  had the prior version of this and was happy with it so didn't really see the need for a re-do, but am happy for everyone who didn't get the prior version. I just wish I wasn't forced to get it to get a BAF piece for Sugar Man. Oddly I didn't end up grabbing the standard red and white version and regret it because that's the version of Sunfire that I most identify with and prefer.

OH, you don't know what you are missing - this is such an incredible improvement over the previous version...very much worth purchasing. This entire wave is fantastic and looks great on the shelf with Apocalypse, Cable, Archangel, Blink, and Caliban. Can't wait to see wave two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, monron999 said:

Best looking figure in the bunch IMO. I like that they kept the body mold consistent between the two different versions. Who'd have ever thought we'd have two different versions of Sunfire before we get one Lady Deathstrike.

I thought the same thing about consistency in mold (Cyclops, and recent Wolverines and Hulks did this too, and it looks great)... and about surprise over getting two Sunfires (and 4 Storms, 2 Colossus, 2 Juggernauts, 6 Cyclops, 3 Iceman, 9 or 10 Wolverines, 2 Cables, 2 Polaris, 2 Havoks, 8 or 10 Hulks, 2 Fantastic Four teams, 2 Scarlett Witches, 2 Magnetos, and I am sure many other duplicates I haven't listed) before a Lady Deathstrike.  Now I love damn near every figure I listed above, but there are a good 20 to 50 characters who are in desperate need of being produced, or re-done, and Lady Deathstrike is easily top 10 for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks cool but there are others in this wave that I want first, but given the amount I do want first, I might have to buy the whole wave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

I thought the same thing about consistency in mold (Cyclops, and recent Wolverines and Hulks did this too, and it looks great)... and about surprise over getting two Sunfires (and 4 Storms, 2 Colossus, 2 Juggernauts, 6 Cyclops, 3 Iceman, 9 or 10 Wolverines, 2 Cables, 2 Polaris, 2 Havoks, 8 or 10 Hulks, 2 Fantastic Four teams, 2 Scarlett Witches, 2 Magnetos, and I am sure many other duplicates I haven't listed) before a Lady Deathstrike.  Now I love damn near every figure I listed above, but there are a good 20 to 50 characters who are in desperate need of being produced, or re-done, and Lady Deathstrike is easily top 10 for me!

We got 2 X-23's in two years (maybe not that odd, I just don't like the character) and like...15 Deadpools 😞

Meanwhile the last Gambit we got before the Caliban wave was what? Series 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This really is a stand out figure, I love it, this and Dark Beast are the crown holders of this wave (after Sugar Man of course)

I have a strong desire to pose this with Living Laser and get some good lights in the back

With Sugar man as the best BAF ever (in most reviews), seems this wave will do very well...I do like this sunfire version, hope to add him next...already have dark beast and weapon-X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This figure kinda makes one wonder why the hell the Iceman figure, which utilizes the same buck, couldn't look half this good. With a little better head sculpt and a less heavy silver over spray would have made that figure better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, monron999 said:

This figure kinda makes one wonder why the hell the Iceman figure, which utilizes the same buck, couldn't look half this good. With a little better head sculpt and a less heavy silver over spray would have made that figure better.

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monron999 said:

This figure kinda makes one wonder why the hell the Iceman figure, which utilizes the same buck, couldn't look half this good. With a little better head sculpt and a less heavy silver over spray would have made that figure better.

Maybe someone at Hasbro doesn't like Bobby and decided to sabotage his figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

OH, you don't know what you are missing - this is such an incredible improvement over the previous version...very much worth purchasing. This entire wave is fantastic and looks great on the shelf with Apocalypse, Cable, Archangel, Blink, and Caliban. Can't wait to see wave two!

I love the previous version, and it still holds up, however all  of those earlier Hasbro figures have this a clumsy ball pelvic/hip joint that make posing a bit difficult. The new version flows much more smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Reno said:

"... Oddly I didn't end up grabbing the standard red and white version and regret it because that's the version of Sunfire that I most identify with and prefer."

Shiro's original outfit is my favorite too, and I was SO STOKED when they made him. Its a really great figure; I never thought they would really do it so its been one of my best loved figures. I would've liked for the yellow "flames" on his gloves and boots to be a bit lighter, but otherwise...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 616 Sunfire from the Warlock wave a great figure. Sleeper hit of that wave. Still available from amazon for $19.99!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both regular Sunfire and AoA Sumfire and I got one with my growing X-Men, and the AoA with the Avengers as that’s the look he had when he absorbed cosmic rays (I think, been a while since I read Uncanny Avengers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

That 616 Sunfire from the Warlock wave a great figure. Sleeper hit of that wave. Still available from amazon for $19.99!

Agreed, it's a fantastic figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot this last night with 2 iPhones. One it light it and the other to shoot it. 

IMG_6308.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, s7pach said:

Shot this last night with 2 iPhones. One it light it and the other to shoot it. 

IMG_6308.JPG

Awesome shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE