MAFEX Into The Spider-Verse Spider-Gwen And Spider-Ham Figures Preview

JayC

A magazine scan has surfaced online giving us a preview for the upcoming MAFEX Into The Spider-Verse Spider-Gwen And Spider-Ham figures from Medicom. Spider-Gwen comes with two unmasked and two masked portraits, multiple hands and a Spider-Ham figure. The Spider-Ham figure seems to come with multiple arms so you can put him in different poses. Stay-tuned for more details like a release date and better images to be released very soon.

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-Preview.jpg

I was wondering when we'll get a look at the rest of the Spiderverse figures from Mafex. Gotta say, she's looking pretty cool. Although I would've preferred that she came with other accessories like spiderwebs or a way to give her her casual/school outfit rather than Spider Ham. I think he could've been included with a Spiderman Noir release, since he doesn't need that many accessories other than extra hands.

Spider-Gwen joins the MAFEX line of figures with her pal Spider-Ham! Based on their appearances from the the hit film Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, these figures are highly detailed and feature various accessories. Spider-Gwen features a high level of articulation and includes 4 interchangable head sculpts. You can pre-order this now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The 5.51" figure includes the following:
-Spider-Gwen figure
-4 Heads
-3 Sets of hands
-Web effects
-Spider-Ham figure
-Hammer
-Stand

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-01.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-02.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-03.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-04.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-05.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-06.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-07.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-08.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-09.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-10.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-11.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-12.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-13.png

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-14.jpg

MAFEX-Spider-Gwen-15.jpg

9 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

I was wondering when we'll get a look at the rest of the Spiderverse figures from Mafex. Gotta say, she's looking pretty cool. Although I would've preferred that she came with other accessories like spiderwebs or a way to give her her casual/school outfit rather than Spider Ham. I think he could've been included with a Spiderman Noir release, since he doesn't need that many accessories other than extra hands.

Im pretty sure she'll come with a set of spiderwebs like all mafex spiderman figures, as for the casual outfit it would have been dificult since it would have been needed to include a completely different body which would raise the price of the figure a lot. (If anything maybe mafex could make a schoolgirl outfit figure later, since they tend to do this with figures, but I dont think theyll do that, theyll probably just give us this one version), for Spiderman Noir, I really hope they do a figure of him but IMO the odds are not that high, I was half expecting Gwen not to get a figure, Im glad they are making this one and hope they continue with the line.

I like the pointed shoulders Gwen had in the movie. the round shoulders here makes her body look skinny and narrow but would definitely help with articulation. 

Wish Hasbro will give us a peek of their spiderverse wave. I caved and bought mafex Miles and Peter B as I wasn’t expecting marvel legends versions to ever happen.

decisions decisions...

On 6/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, abnuggler said:

as for the casual outfit it would have been dificult since it would have been needed to include a completely different body which would raise the price of the figure a lot.

I don't think it would've been that difficult. Looking at the uniform, it actually looks like she's wearing her suit under it, so the only thing that we would need is a pair of interchangeable arms, maybe an extra neck, and her uniform in soft goods, just as they did with both Peter and Miles. But that's just something I would've liked instead of Spider-Ham, which again, I think he could've been included with someone like Spiderman Noir. Not really a deal breaker thou.

gweens.png

On 6/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, DylanRaven055 said:

I don't think it would've been that difficult. Looking at the uniform, it actually looks like she's wearing her suit under it, so the only thing that we would need is a pair of interchangeable arms, maybe an extra neck, and her uniform in soft goods, just as they did with both Peter and Miles. But that's just something I would've liked instead of Spider-Ham, which again, I think he could've been included with someone like Spiderman Noir. Not really a deal breaker thou.

gweens.png

Youre right though I would rather it was a sculpted body than the bigger bulkier 1/12 fabric clothes, a good idea is that they could have given her an interchangeable upper torso (like they did with the Infinity War Thor that just released) and a skirt piece that fits over the regular hips. I think I would have rather have those pieces and have spiderham as an accesory with a Spiderman Noir later to be released since he doesnt warrant any other extra pieces