Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro 6" Spider-Man Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Spider-Man Retro Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man figure from Hasbro. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Reto-Spider-Man-00.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-01.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-02.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-03.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-04.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-05.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-06.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-07.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-08.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-09.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-10.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-11.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-12.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-13.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-14.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-15.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-16.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-17.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-18.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-19.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-20.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-21.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-22.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-23.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-24.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-25.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-26.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-27.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-28.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-29.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-30.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-31.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-32.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-33.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-34.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-35.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-36.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-37.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-38.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-39.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-40.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-41.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-42.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-43.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-44.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-45.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-46.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-47.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-48.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-49.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-50.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-51.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-52.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-53.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-54.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-55.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-56.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-57.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-58.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-59.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-60.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-61.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-62.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-63.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-64.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-65.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-66.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-67.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-68.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-69.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-70.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-71.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-72.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-73.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-74.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-75.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-76.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-77.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-78.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-79.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-80.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-81.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-82.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-83.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-84.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-85.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-86.JPG

Reto-Spider-Man-87.JPG

Im digging this new mold I would have liked a new bigger eyes headsculpt instead of the two very classic ones it comes with (much like the pizza spiderman, maybe a mcfarlane style one) but its a good start, Im going to have to hunt down a couple of these down. 

This is a great improvement over the former mold they used for Spider-Man. I like to think of that one as the younger, just starting out Spidey. The gapage on the head and the red pins in the elbow joints are a bit distracting, but overall I think this is a great job. If that is the "Ditko" head, it would've been better to have it on a Spidey who has a darker blue outfit (plus the underarm webs), but it still works. I prefer the Romita head though. What I really like is they didn't just paint the boots on- the calf rotation really fits this figure. Wish it were standard for all figures.

Good to see that Hasbro is not just putting out these figures but that theyre improving techniques and features.

After looking at this figure for a bit longer... am I the only one that feels his upper legs are a bit too beefy? (I mean, this would be an issue of the Sunfire mold itself, and not this figure in specific, but I just noticed it now) Especially when it's side-to-side with the Peter Parker figure. Compared to this new Spidey, the Peter figure looks better suited to complement the lankier pizza Spidey.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:42 PM, ADour said:

"... am I the only one that feels his upper legs are a bit too beefy?...Especially when it's side-to-side with the Peter Parker figure..."

I don't see them as too beefy; the Peter figure uses that standard, generic "civilian" buck which, with the exception of the one used for Wolverine, is too thin to be used for just anyone. They should have adjusted this figure so it would be more in line with Spidey's build. When you consider Peter's been jumping, running, swinging and fighting around New York since he was 15, its not surprising his body has built up muscle tone up over that time. I look at "pizza" Spidey as the younger version, a few years after he started out, and this one as the Spidey in his mid-20s.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, ransomz said:

And let me say thank you for showing that picture of the Peter Parker figure with the glasses off. I was thinking they weren't removable.

Did I miss something? I saw the shot with the Peter head from the Spidey & Mary Jane 2-pack, but that's it. The last I saw, the glasses on Parker ARE glued on.

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I don't see them as too beefy; the Peter figure uses that standard, generic "civilian" buck which, with the exception of the one used for Wolverine, is too thin to be used for just anyone. They should have adjusted this figure so it would be more in line with Spidey's build. When you consider Peter's been jumping, running, swinging and fighting around New York since he was 15, its not surprising his body has built up muscle tone up over that time. I look at "pizza" Spidey as the younger version, a few years after he started out, and this one as the Spidey in his mid-20s.

I mean, Peter's strength comes from his super-powers, not his muscle workout. And even if he has tonned muscles, he is not supposed to have hams for legs.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:52 PM, ransomz said:

That is some seriously impressive possibility. I am looking forward to my set arriving. And let me say thank you for showing that picture of the Peter Parker figure with the glasses off. I was thinking they weren't removable. What a relief.

Are you talking about the pics where he's running?  That Peter head isn't from the retro carded figure and doesn't come with glasses.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 4:17 AM, ADour said:

I mean, Peter's strength comes from his super-powers, not his muscle workout. And even if he has tonned muscles, he is not supposed to have hams for legs.

This is true to an extent, but he would've had to have some development over the years given what he's been doing. His body wouldn't stay at that of a 15 year old scrawny bookworm. Could they be a bit smaller, sure, but where theyre at here doesn't bother me.  

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

This is true to an extent, but he would've had to have some development over the years given what he's been doing. His body wouldn't stay at that of a 15 year old scrawny bookworm. Could they be a bit smaller, sure, but where theyre at here doesn't bother me.  

THat;s what mark Bagley even said when he did Ultimate Spider-Man, the Ultimate Peter was only starting out, so hadn't developed all the muscles his Earth 616 version had from all the web-slinging

14 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm not saying that he should be scrawny, just not overly-muscular. People can still have musculature and be lean, which is what I'd expect of Spider-Man, since he's a character known for speed and acrobacies.

If you take John Romita's artwork as an example, which is this figure's main reference, he didn't draw Peter with either big or toned muscles. And the figure also doesn't really work for a modern Spider-Man since modern Spider-Man isn't looking like a body-builder either.

I think a good example of a mid-20s Peter is the design for PS4 Spidey, especially since he even has a skin in which he's only wearing underwear. He has toned muscles, but he's still lean. On the other hand, the contour of this figure's legs and hips is like a mountainside.