Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse 6" Wild Child Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Age Of Apocalypse Wild Child figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Wild-Child-AOA-01.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-02.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-03.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-04.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-05.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-06.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-07.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-08.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-09.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-10.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-11.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-12.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-13.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-14.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-15.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-16.JPG

Wild-Child-AOA-17.JPG

Tho he's getting some bad press, this is not a bad figure. It's a perfect fit for the aging "skinny" buck and the head and hand sculpts are great. Not a figure or version of this character we ever really asked for, but most people can say that about most of this entire wave. Not the best in the wave, but certainly not the worst.

I hope they never do another alternate time line storyline assortment again. I'm good with them sprinkling these types of figures sporadically throughout a few or several waves, but this wave was painful, to say the least

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I hope they never do another alternate time line storyline assortment again. I'm good with them sprinkling these types of figures sporadically throughout a few or several waves, but this wave was painful, to say the least

tbf i think to an extent they tried to go with characters  who have either crossed over to 616 (Dark Beast, Sugarman, X-man) or have sported their AoA look in 616 (Sunfire). 

That said, agree about Wild Child, he seems OK but my sugarman will go backless until i can get him on sale. He'll be legless for awhile too as i'm not rushing to get wolverine or morph either, but i'll just give him the liefeld treatment in photos for now.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

That said, agree about Wild Child, he seems OK but my sugarman will go backless until i can get him on sale. He'll be legless for awhile too as i'm not rushing to get wolverine or morph either, but i'll just give him the liefeld treatment in photos for now.

Lol, Liefeld treatment! I'm commandeering that phrase for future use. That's a shame, because actually the legs and feet are kind of a hi-lite on how to give articulation to figures that don't have very much leg to work with. This is what they should have done to the McFarlane Toys-esque articulation of the Spider-Ham figure.

11 hours ago, monron999 said:

I mostly feel the same way. I actually really liked this wave, and I like the idea of continuing to build up more of an Age of Apocalypse collection, but I don't want to do so to the exclusion of 616 characters. They were smart with their choices, with only Jean and Logan not being stand-ins for Exiles or for 616-relevant looks or transplant characters, but if they had focused more on core Age of Apocalypse characters in costumes that never made it to 616, I would've been pretty bummed about losing an entire wave to it. By the other flip of the coin, I can see a lot of people griping about having to buy non-616 characters that were sprinkled into waves in order to finish BAFs.

As a largely unrelated complaint, I wish they would stop re-using Age of Apocalypse costume designs elsewhere. My take was always that Morph, Rogue, Sabretooth, Sunfire, and Wild Child had the bolted collar as a tribute to their fearless leader Magneto. When Morph pops up as an Exile from a different universe, Sunfire gets the horseman treatment in 616, or Wild Child picks up a new costume on Krakoa, I find it dubious they'd've taken design cues from the master of magnetism.

On 6/29/2020 at 6:16 AM, monron999 said:

Tho he's getting some bad press, this is not a bad figure. It's a perfect fit for the aging "skinny" buck and the head and hand sculpts are great. Not a figure or version of this character we ever really asked for, but most people can say that about most of this entire wave. Not the best in the wave, but certainly not the worst.

Agreed on all counts.