Most shocking omissions thus far

Dabboi

19 hours ago, OmegaToyArt said:

i would love to have a proper inhumans wave of the royal family with a lockjaw baf.

Kind of bizarre they havent done this yet. After all they did 4" Marvel Universe figures of Triton and Karnak already. When they did the 6" Black Knight/Green/Hob goblins I thought for sure they'd give us Triton, and the pizza Spidey buck is what I see them putting Karnak on. That Hercules used in the End Game wave would be a good base for Gorgon. Black Bolt's already done, Medusa is too but they need to re-release her with "hair" cause that blob of plastic aint gonna cut it. 

Inhumans with a Lockjaw BAF basically demands a wave....or a box set. 

Way to go @Atlantis, to go back and pull some of these topics out from the past rather than start a new similar topic. Sure, it's kinda tedious going back and reading older comments to familiarize yourself with the subject matter, but it cuts down on constant repetition.

For me the two glaring missing characters are Nick Fury, Jr. who is basically the comics version of MCU Nick and Red Skull. Yes, I know they were done before the Infinite line started, but they were both done on that skinny armed jeans and trench coat buck that had stiff articulation.

Maybe they both need a redo with Nick, Jr. using some alteration of the Killmonger buck and RS using some minor alteration of the AIM soldier buck. Also, I know many people are happy with the 10 Years Hydra/RS figure but that's strictly MCU based and he honestly deserves a better Comic version.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Kind of bizarre they havent done this yet. After all they did 4" Marvel Universe figures of Triton and Karnak already. When they did the 6" Black Knight/Green/Hob goblins I thought for sure they'd give us Triton, and the pizza Spidey buck is what I see them putting Karnak on. That Hercules used in the End Game wave would be a good base for Gorgon. Black Bolt's already done, Medusa is too but they need to re-release her with "hair" cause that blob of plastic aint gonna cut it. 

Inhumans with a Lockjaw BAF basically demands a wave....or a box set. 

Totally agree on that blob of hair, especially when they had the chance to rectify it given 2 releases. That's y i customized mine with some fringe lol.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I find it shocking that Major Vance Astro got a 6" Legends figure (although it was too big) but NONE of the original Guardians of the Galaxy did.

It could still happen.

In a similar vein, how could they give us Death's head 2 and not Death's head 1

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

It could still happen.

In a similar vein, how could they give us Death's head 2 and not Death's head 1

I had hopes, when the 3.5" marvel universe Yondu was released, that Vance would get another 6" team mate. Also since they have the MCU version you'd think the comic version would already be out by now. Its been almost 3-4yrs since Astro was released.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I had hopes, when the 3.5" marvel universe Yondu was released, that Vance would get another 6" team mate. Also since they have the MCU version you'd think the comic version would already be out by now. Its been almost 3-4yrs since Astro was released.

True but considering we haven't seen any more Inhumans it could be Hasbro are playing the (really) long game

11 minutes ago, leokearon said:

True but considering we haven't seen any more Inhumans it could be Hasbro are playing the (really) long game

Well we did get the MU Triton and Karnak but no 6" versions. I try not to conclude that if they did a 3.5", they'll do a 6" but that does seem to usually happen. I think both the Guardians of the Galaxy and Inhumans (Starjammers too) are teams that really lend themselves to box sets.

Like you said, Hasbro could be playing the long game, and if their recent interviews are any indication, none of these have been ruled out. So its not a matter of if, its when. I just hope "when" happens by 2021! :biggrin:

8 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Really shocking to me is the fact that Hasbro never made Classic Doctor Strange for like 15 years of making ML.  But I bet we will get cool figure soon enough with sequel coming up.

I've mentioned this a couple times but I'm psyching myself up more and more for a deluxe Doctor Strange with a lot of accessories, including the Book of the Vishanti and the Darkhold (already packaged with the retro Doctor Doom) as well as the Orb of Agamotto on a stand, interchangeable magic-casting hands, new magic affects, and possibly even a second cape with a different effect/shape.

The lack of Inhumans isn't so shocking given the big coordinated push for those characters didn't pan out. Ms. Marvel was pretty much the only success that came from it and Marvel has since pretty much buried the rest of the Inhumans except for Lockjaw.

Lockjaw is the one Inhuman I'm genuinely baffled they haven't made yet. 

16 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

The lack of Inhumans isn't so shocking given the big coordinated push for those characters didn't pan out. Ms. Marvel was pretty much the only success that came from it and Marvel has since pretty much buried the rest of the Inhumans except for Lockjaw.

exactly! where is our teleporting Bulldog? 

58 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

What about Crystal? The lady is one of the the most recognisable Inhumans, has been both a member of the F4 and Avengers and yet has never gotten a figure in any form

51 minutes ago, Satam said:

I suppose this isn't exactly an omission, but I'm going to be really surprised if we don't get a new comic version of Ultron in the upcoming villains wave.  And I'm still pretty damn surprised that Hasbro hasn't remade him in the last five years.

When the vintage wave Vision came with an Ultron head for some unknown reason, it certainly seemed like that would lead to.. something... but here we are. 

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

When the vintage wave Vision came with an Ultron head for some unknown reason, it certainly seemed like that would lead to.. something... but here we are. 

Yeah, it's basically like they threw that in for customizers, because there hasn't been another body that was a good match in the line really before or since.  I still expect them to put that head on a new body for a later release, like they did with the class Emma Frost head, and I suppose it's just a question of will it be in the "Bring on the Bad Guys" wave or somewhere else?  I suppose the other question is when? Especially if Ultron doesn't show up in that wave.  Seems inevitable, and like I said, I'd be surprised, but Hasbro has surprised me plenty of times and not always in a way that I liked.

11 hours ago, Satam said:

I suppose this isn't exactly an omission, but I'm going to be really surprised if we don't get a new comic version of Ultron in the upcoming villains wave.  And I'm still pretty damn surprised that Hasbro hasn't remade him in the last five years.

I would call not having a classic verson of one of the Avengers biggest villains a big ommission. Well we have gotten Kang so maybe it will get Ultron soon

Yeah I don’t get that, of any Marvel character, Ultron in plastic form has more artist interpretations than any Legend made..

not sure why a simple comic accurate Ultron hasn’t been made. I do not mind some of these designs because it fits nicely into his history of having many unique looks for his drones. But a true classic Ultron has eluded us. 

I think MU 3.75 and Select has classic versions but it seems silly Legends can’t slap something together here

MCU Quicksilver
MCU and comic Whiplash

Comic Versions of prominent MCU characters:
Classic Ultron, circa late 70's/early 80's
Classic definitive Red Skull
Mantis
Yondu
Skurge
Classic Dr. Strange
Classic Drax
Classic Mandarin
M'Baku
Baron Mordo
Destroyer
Heimdall
1940's Bucky

Top Tier Comic-Related
The Watcher
Mephisto
Wasp (Janet) - 1st appearance, to go with the rest of the updated classic original Avengers
Ms. Marvel (Carol) - 1st appearance Kree-inspired red and blue costume with bare midriff
Bag Head Spider-Man - easy kitbash, just surprised he hasn't appeared yet
Banshee update - has to be coming in 2021
Invisible Woman - clear plastic "invisible"
Yellowjacket update
Longshot update
Aunt May

Second Tier Comic-Related
Remainder of the Inhuman Royal Family
Original GOTG
Tigra update
Quasar
Mastermind
Toad update
Destiny
Firelord
Mr. Negative
Avalanche update
Wonder Man - Safari Jacket
Perez Beast
Lilandra
X-Factor Wolfsbane
Classic Angel update - red suit with halo design
Classic Crimson Dynamo
Classic Titanium Man
Iron Man - Extremis
Iron Man - Heroes Reborn
Moondragon
Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat

3 hours ago, Beamish said:

MCU Quicksilver
MCU and comic Whiplash

Comic Versions of prominent MCU characters:
Classic Ultron, circa late 70's/early 80's
Classic definitive Red Skull
Mantis
Yondu
Skurge
Classic Dr. Strange
Classic Drax
Classic Mandarin
M'Baku
Baron Mordo
Destroyer
Heimdall
1940's Bucky

Top Tier Comic-Related
The Watcher
Mephisto
Wasp (Janet) - 1st appearance, to go with the rest of the updated classic original Avengers
Ms. Marvel (Carol) - 1st appearance Kree-inspired red and blue costume with bare midriff
Bag Head Spider-Man - easy kitbash, just surprised he hasn't appeared yet
Banshee update - has to be coming in 2021
Invisible Woman - clear plastic "invisible"
Yellowjacket update
Longshot update
Aunt May

Second Tier Comic-Related
Remainder of the Inhuman Royal Family
Original GOTG
Tigra update
Quasar
Mastermind
Toad update
Destiny
Firelord
Mr. Negative
Avalanche update
Wonder Man - Safari Jacket
Perez Beast
Lilandra
X-Factor Wolfsbane
Classic Angel update - red suit with halo design
Classic Crimson Dynamo
Classic Titanium Man
Iron Man - Extremis
Iron Man - Heroes Reborn
Moondragon
Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat

I would get nearly all of the comic-related figures on your various lists. The one change I would make is classic Kree-inspired Ms. Marvel; I'm not a fan of the bare midriff on her costume. Give her the full top.