Ideal Age of Apocalypse Wave 2

tarot

Hey my Fellow Plastic Addicts. Today I finally received my Sugar Man wave and my god are these figure fantastic. Honestly I have never read AOA so with the exception of those that made the jump to the prime universe or to the Exiles, I wasn’t that excited for this wave. However, now that I have these figures in hand I want more. There is quite a few character that instantly jump to mind and there is a couple of figures that need an update. Hasbro has said that there will be a second wave (plus box sets) so I thought about who I would put in a new wave of Legends.

As Always I made some rules for myself:

• 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
  • Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case any X-men
  • 1 or 2 Female per wave.
  • 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
  • 1 or 2 brand new characters that has never been done before
  • 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
  • Each wave most have a Theme ie Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However there is no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme

The Theme for this wave: Age of Apocalypse characters

1. Sabretooth - If there was one character that almost everyone was shocked never made it into the first wave was Sabretooth. I mean we got Wild Child but the person he was always with as his handler wasn’t there? That was a bit weird. Maybe it was because he already had a figure in the TB wave but that figure was way to short to display with the new figures. Not to mention, Weapon X got an upgrade as well, not to mention Weapon X’s wife was in the wave as well. This character is a big part of the story as not only is he a much heroic character but also a recurring member of the Exiles. This would use the Omega Red Buck.
  2. Cyclops - Next up we have another character that many people want in another wave of AOA, Cyclops. In this universe, Cyclops and his brother were raised by Mr. Sinister and instead of joining the X-men, he joined Apocalypse’s army. He was the one that got rid of Weapon X’s hand but he lost his eye in the process. He would soon switch sides. Like all of Cyclops in the Hasbro line, this will use the Bucky Cap mold with a new arm and head.
  3. Rogue - Taking the first and only female spot of this wave we have Rogue. The wife and mother of Magneto’s child, Rogue lead the X-men alongside Magneto. She is also another character that people are expecting to come in the second wave of AOA. Either that or as a 2-pack with Magneto. Hell they could even throw in a repainted Baby Hulk from the upcoming Old Men set and they could have baby Charles. This would use the same mold as the previous Jim Lee Rogue with AOA Jean Upper arms and a new upper torso and of course new head.
  4. Magneto - Next we have probably the main hero of the universe, Magneto. When Legion killed Xavier by mistake, Magneto took his friend’s ideal and work to improve relationship between humans and mutants. He set up the X-men but fail to prevent Apocalypse taking over America. This is the last of the four character (including the previous 3 above) that people are expecting in the second wave of AOA figures. Not only that but Mafex are making there own version of this so people are expecting Hasbro to make this. This will probably be the easiest figure to make as all it needs is a new head and a straight repaint of the Family Matter set.
  5. Sinister - On to some personal wants now with one of the Villains of the wave, Sinister (not Mr. Sinister in this universe, just Sinister). Even though Apocalypse was the main villain of the series, Sinister was the other one. He usually worked to undermined Apocalypse and try to take over his kingdom. Not only that but he raised the Summer brothers and was the one who create Nate Grey, using the DNA from Cyclops and Jean Grey. This will obviously use this previous figure with a few resculpted parts and a new head.
  6. Iceman - Next we have the another main member of the X-men, Bobby Drake, Iceman. In this universe, he was still a founding member of the team and was more powerful and deadly then his Prime counter parts. Not only that but he doesn’t have his humor that that his usually in most universes. Despite the more angular look for the characters, this would use the Vintage Iceman with the Juggernaut wave back spikes as well as a new smoother head.
  7. Legion - Taking the final spot of the AOA wave is Charles Xavier’s batshit crazy son, David Haller, a.k.a. Legion. Okay yeah I know this isn’t a Age of Apocalypse character. However if it wasn’t for this person there would have been no AOA universe. He went back in time in order to killed Magneto but instead kills his father causing the AOA universe to come about. Plus this would be the perfect place to put him. This would use the Sunfire/Bullseye mold with a good number of resculpt like on the sleeves and paint.
  8. BAF: Abyss - Now onto the BAF. The first wave of AOA gave us probably one of the most unexpected and quite frankly one of the BEST BAFs to date. Sugar man is not only for AOA fan but for 616 fans since he escaped into that universe. So I thought what would be something Hasbro could do that would  surprise fans. I came up with Abyss. The main reason I pick this is I want to see how Hasbro would pull it off. Clear Pastic for the body and limbs? Interchangable Parts? I just want to see how Hasbro does this.

Well that is what I would want in a second wave of AOA characters. What do you guys think? Like it or hate it? What would be your wave be?

Victor_Creed_%28Earth-295%29_from_ExilesScott_Summers_%28Earth-295%29_from_FactoAnna_Marie_%28Rogue%29_%28Earth-295%29_f7238069-8732014633-aa9dd.jpgNathaniel_Essex_%28Earth-295%29_from_X-MRobert_Drake_%28Earth-295%29_from_UncannDavid_Haller_%28Earth-616%29_from_X-Men_latest?cb=20191129222819

I don't necessarily think this line-up is likely, but it's who I want:

• Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Havok
  • Magneto
  • Nightcrawler
  • Rogue
  • Shadowcat
  • BAF: Holocaust

Cyclops/Havok, Colossus/Shadowcat, and Magneto/Rogue could all easily be two-packs, so my alternates would be Forge, Iceman, Sabretooth, Sinister, Storm, and the Madri.

I totally think Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, Sabretooth are a must, I love the ida of havig Legion here. Not sure about Sinister and Iceman (u can reuse the Juggernauts wave one here and nobody will notice). Maybe Nightcrawler, Colossus and Shadowcat may be better, for BAF i preffer an updated Holocaust, the previous one came very fragile in the helmet 😞

Regular:

I would like to see Magneto, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Cyclops, Havok, Sabertooth, Gambit, Mikhail Rasputin, and Sinister. Maybe Magneto and Rogue can come with baby Charles in a box set and the other 8 could be the wave. Don't know for the BAF but Abyss would be cool to see.

Deluxe:

Redone Holocaust

Colossus

Maybe Iceman if he has a whole bunch of ice accessories.

I infact think that most of Tarot's collection pretty much looks the most probable

but

I'd like to see

Shadow Cat

Sabretooth (that wild child just isn't right without him)

Rogue

Sunspot

Colossus (gotta have colossus w/shadow cat)

Abyss

BAF : Nemesis

Even though a lot are under the opinion that there won't be a 2nd wave and I think Hasbro even, more or less, said there wouldn't be a second wave, I think there's some real logic for Hasbro to not include a "burnt" head sculpt with the Weapon X figure. They still need a Wolverine to anchor the 2nd wave. I'm sure it won't just be the same figure with a new head sculpt. They'll probably retool it a bit and ad some damage and scars. I guess that'd be okay, and there are several characters that could fill a 2nd wave.

Wolverine - Burned with battle damage. I don't want or care but there's gotta be one.

Rogue - The design was lame, but it's Rogue, and I love me some Rogue. I actually liked the poofy, mop top mullet.

Magneto - There's really not much to it. Some minor aesthetic changes and some pig-tails and were in biznezz.

Cyclops - I know, not another Cyclops. But he's got one eye.

Shadowcat - Y'know, cuz we don't have enough Wolverine clones and we will never, EVEEEEER have enough of them.

Iceman - It might take them doing an AoA version to finally do a good one. Lot's of attachments would be nice, but we can all have a chuckle that that probably won't happen.

Nightcrawler or Gambit - I think one is as likely as the other but I think, from a design standpoint, Gambit would be better, but Nightcrawler would be easier.

BAF - Colossus or Holocaust - I think either would qualify and whichever doesn't get the spot will get a deluxe like the AoA Apocalypse. I think it'll probably be Holli as the BAF and Colli as the deluxe, simply because his character is the more recognizable, as a whole.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Even though a lot are under the opinion that there won't be a 2nd wave and I think Hasbro even, more or less, said there wouldn't be a second wave, I think there's some real logic for Hasbro to not include a "burnt" head sculpt with the Weapon X figure. They still need a Wolverine to anchor the 2nd wave. I'm sure it won't just be the same figure with a new head sculpt. They'll probably retool it a bit and ad some damage and scars. I guess that'd be okay, and there are several characters that could fill a 2nd wave.

Wolverine - Burned with battle damage. I don't want or care but there's gotta be one.

Rogue - The design was lame, but it's Rogue, and I love me some Rogue. I actually liked the poofy, mop top mullet.

Magneto - There's really not much to it. Some minor aesthetic changes and some pig-tails and were in biznezz.

Cyclops - I know, not another Cyclops. But he's got one eye.

Shadowcat - Y'know, cuz we don't have enough Wolverine clones and we will never, EVEEEEER have enough of them.

Iceman - It might take them doing an AoA version to finally do a good one. Lot's of attachments would be nice, but we can all have a chuckle that that probably won't happen.

Nightcrawler or Gambit - I think one is as likely as the other but I think, from a design standpoint, Gambit would be better, but Nightcrawler would be easier.

BAF - Colossus or Holocaust - I think either would qualify and whichever doesn't get the spot will get a deluxe like the AoA Apocalypse. I think it'll probably be Holli as the BAF and Colli as the deluxe, simply because his character is the more recognizable, as a whole.

Hasbro have only said there will be no more AOA this year. They never ruled out any more AOA waves or figures.

If it's only one more wave I think some of the suggestions above are great.  In a perfect world, though, we'd get another wave, and some fan-channel exclusive multipacks and such (I suspect we very well might get some of these for the holiday season):

AoA Wave 2:

Rogue - Necessary to fill out her "team" of X-Men

Magneto - One of the most major players of the storyline.

Sinister - As noted, pretty much the 2nd most important villain of the arc.

Sabretooth - Again, necessary for filling out that particular team of X-Men, plus he goes with Wild Child.  Pack in alternate Blink head (AoA hairdo).

Bishop - Not the most inspired design but another key player in the storyline.

Nightcrawler - A bit of an odd choice but he's one that had some crossover with the 616

Gambit - As fun as some of the other designs were, he ended up being the only member of the "X-Ternals" that mattered....

BAF:  Abyss - Never before seen, and I think Marvel could do some interesting stuff with the build.

But then I'd supplement it all with:

Fan-Channel 2-Pack:  AoA Cyclops and AoA Havok

Fan-Channel Exclusive:  Holocaust/Nemesis re-release/retool

Fan-Channel or Walgreen's Exclusive:  Legion (w/ Multiple heads and FX pieces)

I know this basically leaves out the entire "Quicksilver/Gold Team" of AoA X-Men but honestly I'd rather have a "Rogue/Blue Team" that's complete than partially complete versions of both.

If we're talking "pipe-dream super perfect world where Hasbro is determined to really crank this stuff out" I would add:

AoA Wave 3:

Storm

Quicksilver

Iceman

Dead Man Wade (Gotta get your Deadpool in!)

Shadowcat

Mystique

Angel

BAF:  Colossus

Fan-Channel 2-Pack: Dazzler and Exodus

Fan-Channel 2-Pack: Banshee and Madri

Fan-Channel 2-Pack:  Tony Stark and MIkhail Rasputin (Just so we can have all the Horsemen).

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Been thinking about this a lot lately. I just want to be able to complete this image.....x-men-age-of-apocalypse.thumb.jpg.717b285ee3a2338a91769949950de735.jpg

Awesome picture.

I think Magneto and Rogue are high priorities. Is Magneto different enough to be interesting?

I really like Nightcrawler and he made the jump to the main universe if I am not mistaken, so maybe he has a chance.

I’ve never understood Legion as part of an AoA wave. I understand his relationship to AoA, but he wasn’t really a part of the world.

2 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Awesome picture.

I think Magneto and Rogue are high priorities. Is Magneto different enough to be interesting?

I really like Nightcrawler and he made the jump to the main universe if I am not mistaken, so maybe he has a chance.

I’ve never understood Legion as part of an AoA wave. I understand his relationship to AoA, but he wasn’t really a part of the world.

If Mafex released AoA Magneto I would assume he would be interesting enough to release. I've suggested before of maybe a 2 pack of Rogue and Magneto along with baby Charles.

Since Legion was the cause of AoA I could see him included in a wave, but only if there has already been multiple waves done. I wouldn't want him taking up a spot if there's only these two waves done.

I like to have a legion figure as well.

The list provided by tarot is spot on

Sabretooth 

Magneto 

Rogue

Colossus and shadowcat

Dazzler 

Banshee

Baf Abyss

However i expect an odd characters...hasbro may try to make a wave 3 so they need to delay key characters such as cyclops/havok, sinister, onslaught...

My guess the odd one in this wave is Lord Unus

images.jpeg.jpg

banshee.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-212804_Marvel.jpg

50 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

When did Legion become so cool. He was probably only a plot device for AoA. At the time I had never heard of him. I now know he was around for New Mutants and the Muir Island Saga. Did he get rehabilitated recently?

Legion has been rehabilitated a few times and then someone hits the reset button, which is annoying as he can be a decent character when he is in control 

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Legion has been rehabilitated a few times and then someone hits the reset button, which is annoying as he can be a decent character when he is in control 

Sounds like comics. I’ve been listening to a podcast review of the X-Men comics and that goes back to the early days. Every two years they’re back in the Savage Land again.

4 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Yeah. I wonder what the motivation is. I know I like to know what is going on with supporting characters when they are off panel. Maybe they are trying to keep their whole universe updated.

Lazy writing. Some writers can't be bothered to  either do the research or apparently find a character's new status quo isn't what they want to write, so they reset them to a familiar form