Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech Cable Figure Teased By Kaiyodo

JayC

Kaiyodo has released this teaser image for their next Marvel based 6" Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech figure. The image appears to show us the mutant time traveler Nathan Summers, also known as Cable. We will be sure to update this story once more details and images become available.

Revoltech-Marvel-Cable-Tease.jpg

1 hour ago, Robpozeart said:

oo boy, looking forward to this reveal!  I imagine this to more likely be a comic based design? Kaido has been killing it in this space

still waiting for the Deadpool movie cable to be released, hopefully with ease of obtainment

If I remember correctly (I might be confusing it) they had already showed a prototype before and it seemed to be the Blue/Yellow costume he wore in the late 90's similar to the design of the Marvel vs Capcom game.

Kaiyodo has released official images for their upcoming Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech Cable figure. From the images we can see he will come with two oversized rifles and two pistols. You also get a stand, multiple hands, two headsculpts with moving eye and and effect piece that can be attached to the left eye. The riffles can be attached to the figures back. No word yet on a release date, but that info should be coming soon.

Revoltech-Cable-01.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-02.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-03.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-04.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-05.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-06.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-07.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-08.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-09.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-10.jpg

Revoltech-Cable-11.jpg

Dont like the silver knee pads, I dont know if its the knee pads or the brown boots that are throwing me off (im used to just yellow boots for a look like this one) but the figure looks nice overall, I dont buy the Amazing Yamaguchi figures and dont plan to start now but the figure looks nice, hopefully Mafex does a true 90's Comic Book Cable later

On 7/3/2020 at 4:54 PM, abnuggler said:

If I remember correctly (I might be confusing it) they had already showed a prototype before and it seemed to be the Blue/Yellow costume he wore in the late 90's similar to the design of the Marvel vs Capcom game.

Everybody calls it "late 90's" for the Blue and Yellow costume but in reality he was already wearing that by '94.  As a matter of fact the classic costume everybody remembers he only wore for maybe the first seven or eight issues of X-Force.  The Yellow/Blue costume he wore for a much longer period of time.

We first showed you the figure yesterday, and now its available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Look for it to be released in early December.

Cable from Marvel's "X-Men" comics joins the Amazing Yamaguchi action figure team by Kaiyodo! The 6.7" tall figure is insanely poseable to get into (and out of!) lots of heroic situations. He comes with two facial expressions, four interchangeable hands, eye effect parts, and his trusty weapons.

The figure includes:
-2 Face pieces
-Eye effect
-2 Big guns
-2 pistols
-Stand

On 7/8/2020 at 10:53 PM, Mommar said:

Everybody calls it "late 90's" for the Blue and Yellow costume but in reality he was already wearing that by '94.  As a matter of fact the classic costume everybody remembers he only wore for maybe the first seven or eight issues of X-Force.  The Yellow/Blue costume he wore for a much longer period of time.

yeah I know about that, I have all those comics I mainly said late 90's cause thats what people mainly think of that costume, if you say 90's cable most people think of the first costume like the one from the marvel legends figure. I agree he wore the blue/yellow costume more.

• 4 months later...

I'm a big fan of AY, though not a fan of the price and sometimes very awkward choice of articulation. It's just one of those lines that does some pretty cool Marvel stuff, but not enough of it to convince me to pick up another line. And again, the price, like most imports.

I've picked up a few KO's at a mere fraction of the price, as they are reported to be some of the best KO's out there, and they are pretty cool. If the authentic are actually much better than those I can understand while people might opt to purchase them, but I can't justify paying most import prices for any reason when ML has done pretty good versions of the same character at fractions of the price.