Is A Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Reveal Coming On Monday?

JayC

15 hours ago, leokearon said:

If the reveal is a single figure it has to be Shaw. If it is a boxset hopefully it will have Shaw, Pierce, Leland, Mastermind, Selene (with alt Jean head) and Emma (though I have the Walgreens one)

I don't understand why it "has" to be Shaw. If it turns out to be Pierce or Leland does that sour collectors too much that they wont pick up Shaw if he's produced later down the line? Don't misunderstand me- I personally would prefer Shaw if they only did one HC member, but I highly doubt the others would be pegwarmers  'cause the mentality would be, get them now, because Shaw is on the way.  On the whole though I really believe Hellfire Club would sell better as a complete box set more than just single figures.

58 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I don't understand why it "has" to be Shaw. If it turns out to be Pierce or Leland does that sour collectors to much they wont pick up Shaw if he's produced later down the line? Don't misunderstand me- I personally would prefer Shaw if they only did one HC member, but I highly doubt the others would be pegwarmers  'cause the mentality would be, get them now, because Shaw is on the way.  On the whole though I really believe Hellfire Club would sell better as a complete box set more than just single figures.

well, out of all the Hellfire club, beside Emma Frost, when you think of the Hellfire club, you think of Shaw. It the same as thinking of Wolverine with the X-men and Iron Man/Cap/Thor with the Avengers.

After careful consideration, I've settled on what I want from our theoretical boxed set. See, I'm all about the 90s toons, so in my book it has to be the "Inner Circle Club" we saw on X-Men: Sebastian Shaw, Jason Wyngarde, Emma Frost in White Queen gear (natch), Donald Pierce, and Harry Leland.

As for a solo Shaw? I hope they don't go that way. That would be like only having one out of Three Stooges. Sure he's gonna be funny, but you won't get the full effect.

49 minutes ago, mako said:

After careful consideration, I've settled on what I want from our theoretical boxed set. See, I'm all about the 90s toons, so in my book it has to be the "Inner Circle Club" we saw on X-Men: Sebastian Shaw, Jason Wyngarde, Emma Frost in White Queen gear (natch), Donald Pierce, and Harry Leland.

As for a solo Shaw? I hope they don't go that way. That would be like only having one out of Three Stooges. Sure he's gonna be funny, but you won't get the full effect.

I am 100% for this.Only character that should be single carded is the HFC guard, to army build

3 hours ago, mako said:

At least Shaw has been a solo villain, so he could work as a solo figure. But yeah, you would want he rest of the Club.

I hope this is an exclusive, but not necessarily HTF like Walgreens and Walmart. Maybe do it as Hasbro Pulse or I don't remember any E-tailers having a exclusive in a while. An exclusive will allow them to do whatever female character they do with more accuracy than a general release. I hope we get a Black Queen with a Selene and Jean/Madelyne swappable heads and a straight redo of the Emma Frost White Queen from the Annihilus wave.

I think boxed sets are a perfect way for Hasbro to not only give us much wanted characters that may not stand strong as single releases, but to also correct a lot of past mistakes. Sets like the Brotherhood could give us figures like Pyro and Toad while "fixing" Blob. A set like Dark Avengers could give us a much wanted character like Ms. Marvel (with 2 head sculpts) while fixing a whole slew of characters like US Agent, Daken and Iron Patriot (with an Osborn head sculpt). If Hasbro does it right they could make a whole buncha fans very happy while also raking in the cash.

I just read all of you guys' theories and damn, you got me excited for this! I really hope it is a box set, and one that is widely and internationally available, just like the Alpha Flight one. 

7 hours ago, monron999 said:

An exclusive will allow them to do whatever female character they do with more accuracy than a general release. I hope we get a Black Queen with a Selene and Jean/Madelyne swappable heads and a straight redo of the Emma Frost White Queen from the Annihilus wave.

This is what I hope for, that Fan Channel esclusive or any sort of exclusive allows them to give us more accurate female characters. Not saying they haven't before, but I feel that recently we've been getting grown woman in teenage type bodies, which looks a bit weird. 

7 hours ago, leokearon said:

At least Shaw has been a solo villain, so he could work as a solo figure

Also some of the newer fans who are yet to get into comic books, cofcofmecofcof, may recall him from X-Men First Class. But yeah, hopefully he's actually part of this theoretical box set.

7 hours ago, leokearon said:

By the looks of it, alot of us are going to be very sick, if tomorrow's reveal isn't a Hellfire Box Set

Nah I'd be actually more stoked to see the full reveal of the Venom wave, the Deluxe Toxin, the Fan poll winner (please please be Silk, and maker her easy to get) or to finally see the Nimrod 3pack

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Nah I'd be actually more stoked to see the full reveal of the Venom wave, the Deluxe Toxin, the Fan poll winner (please please be Silk, and maker her easy to get) or to finally see the Nimrod 3pack

I would love to have some clarity on Nimrod, whether it is a single or multi-pack release

12 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm disappointed this hasn't leaked yet tbh lol

Didn't last month's reveal (Deadpool wave?) leak early?

It's a bit harder for genuinely limited exclusives (like SDCC stuff) to leak early compared to stuff that's hitting mass retail, since solicitations for sales aren't getting sent out to a bunch of people in advance, and entries aren't going to show up in retailer computers, etc....