Is A Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Reveal Coming On Monday?

JayC

7 hours ago, Gigantor said:

As much as I love Sentinels, I can say right now that if it's 2-3 ft tall that I'm not buying it. Unless it's Mastermold, a regular Classic Sentinel ala "DOFP" , is a 20 footer. So this "Giant/big" Sentinel , if a classic version, should be no bigger than 20 inches tall, but that leg they showed looked to be 10'-12' tall on it's own. Plus there's no way I'm paying $200-$300+ for a figure, no matter how nice, especially if it's the size of a 2yr old.

This is part of the thing that I'm stumped when it comes to doing a HasLab Marvel legends, what is going to make it so special. Hasbro can make a 2 foot tall Transformers and sell it in stores for around 150 quid, so why are they hoping to achieve with a HasLab Marvel legends, which won't need the same about of molding or complexity. Again just release Giant Marvel Legends like the Transformers Titan Class

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

This is part of the thing that I'm stumped when it comes to doing a HasLab Marvel legends, what is going to make it so special. Hasbro can make a 2 foot tall Transformers and sell it in stores for around 150 quid, so why are they hoping to achieve with a HasLab Marvel legends, which won't need the same about of molding or complexity. Again just release Giant Marvel Legends like the Transformers Titan Class

I've got a better question. We're already seeing figures who could've very easily been released as regular figures (Comic War Machine, Classic Iron Man, MCU Black Widow) packaged and sold for 5-10 dollars more as "Deluxe" figures.

So what will us regular collectors be denied in favor of releasing it as a 500+ HasLab exclusive? Say goodbye to that BAF Sentinel or Galactus.

Man, you know the guys at Mattel are kicking themselves for not thinking of this when they had DC.

You have probably heard by now that Hasbro will be holding another one of their Fan-Friday live-streams events tomorrow (7/10) for the Marvel Legends line, but what might we see actually revealed? While we can't say for sure, it is always fun to speculate.

Marvel-Legends-Reveals__scaled_600.jpg

Indications I have heard would suggest this is one X-Men fans will definitely want to tune in for, and that overall this is going to be a good month for Marvel's Mutants.

We told you before about the clue Marvel Brand Team member Dan Yun dropped last week, leading us to think details for this image teased back in May would be forthcoming.

Hellfire-Club__scaled_600.jpg

Rumors suggest that this image is a tease for 1 of 2 Marvel Legends based SDCC exclusives that are reportedly coming this year. Back in May Hasbro suggested that both SDCC exclusives would be X-Men based and that one would make comic fans happy and the other would make movie fans happy.

Specifically the foot image is thought to be a tease for the comic based one which is RUMORED to include members of the Hellfire Club.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%208__scaled_600.jpg

If true, the Club's leader Sebastian Shaw (The White King) seems almost assured to be included. Other members that have been suggested include The Black Queen Selene, White Bishop Donald Pierce and White Queen Emma Frost. The Frost figure would likely feature the character with a more classic look than what we have seen Hasbro give us previously. If a Hellfire Club set is coming, I hope they also includes the Black Bishop Harry Leland and Mastermind Jason Wyngarde. Wyngarde after all played a significant role in the Dark Phoenix storyline, which is probably what the Hellfire club is most noted for.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%2024__scaled_600.jpg

As for the second SDCC exclusive set that is supposed to make X-Men movie fans happy, well I have heard nothing remotely concrete for that one. Since this year marks the 20th Anniversary of the release for the first 20th Century Fox X-Men movie, a boxset featuring the X-Men in their black leather outfits makes the most logical sense to me. If they stick to just the first movie, I could envision the set including figures of Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Wolverine. They might throw Rogue in to, but she didn't have a black leather outfit for the first movie.

We already know from Toy Fair back in February that we are getting a two pack with Professor X and Magneto, which will feature old and young headsculpts for each character.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%202__scaled_600.jpg

I've heard whispers that the two-pack along with the other X-Men movie figures they showed off in February will be going up for pre-order pretty soon. If you forgot, that includes Logan with Leather Jacket and Mystique from the first X-Men movie.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%2021__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%2022__scaled_600.jpg

There is also the Amazon Exclusive Logan figure, but that one went up for pre-order back in February and is currently sold out.

Besides X-Men, Hasbro also showed off a number of Deadpool movie based figures with Deadpool, Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Domino. Those I think will be going up for pre-oder later in the month.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%204__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%203__scaled_600.jpg

Cable is coming to, but he is a Walmart exclusive, and have no idea when that one will be made available.

Other X-Men related items that were teased during Toy Fair back in February include, a new Legacy Rogue figure which is RUMORED to be released in a 2-pack with an updated Pyro figure. We also saw a new 1st Appearance Storm figure which is RUMORED to be released as a two-pack with a new Thunderbird figure. The Storm set should be released as a Target store exclusive.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%2025__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%2026__scaled_600.jpg

Oh and then their is the Nimrod figure, which RUMORS suggest will be released as an Amazon exclusive 3-pack along with figures of Psylocke And Fantomex.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%205__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%2023__scaled_600.jpg

Now I have no idea if Hasbro will be showing any of these off tomorrow or wait until later in the month for their virtual SDCC reveals. I assume if nothing else the SDCC exclusives will be revealed tomorrow. Would be kind of silly to wait until the actual SDCC event to reveal those.

The thing we think Hasbro will likely be focusing most of their live-stream video on tomorrow though, is the Marvel Haslab project they first announced during Toy Fair. All indications are that the Haslab figure for Marvel will be some kind of Sentinel. This is based on the tease they gave back during Toy Fair, and then again when Dwight showed us this leg back in May.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men%207__scaled_600.jpg

We figure the main focus of this week's live-stream will be on the Haslab project, because back in February they told us this was about the time they would reveal those details. Also in their announcement for this week's video, they say that Ryan and Dwight will be joined by Jesse Falcon, and that they would be sharing BIG news coming to Marvel Legends. We couldn't help but notice the emphasis they put on word big in the announcement, and it doesn't get much bigger than what will likely be an announcement for the biggest Marvel Legends figure every made.

Whatever is shown or announced tomorrow, we will be sure to bring you complete coverage of it right here on Marvelousnews. Things will be kicking off at 11am ET, so be sure to check back then.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men.jpg

Every month is a great month to make it Xmen centric. Matter of fact, I could do with the next yr or 2 worth of waves being nothing but comic related, and mostly free of Avengers/Spidey.

Xmen, FF, NYC street heroes, various villains etc. Could even throw in older characters like Rawhide Kid, or Sgt Fury n the Howling Commandos. Old school invaders...including Spitfire and Baron Blood. Stilt-man was just a custom I saw....him, Deathstalker from Millers first DD number 158, Imperial Guard, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Air Walker(Gabriel), Firelord, Inhumans.

If you want Avengers, lets get side chars and their enemies....I know I would like a Warriors 3 and old school Balder. Titania. What was Thors one replacement? Thunderstrike? His mace was cool. Guardian....the dude in green Iron Man armor that guarded Project Pegasus. Melter, Original Mandarin.

Although if push comes to shove, Hellfire Club with their goons that Wolverine likes to dice up, John Proudstar, Banshee and a Kitty Pryde Shadowcat costume would work.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

You mean "Guardsmen". 

No, I mean singular. While there was a force of lesser armored guards, the main guy had a more powerful version and looked different. As I recall, the armor drove the first user insane, and Stark ended up giving it to the guys brother after he corrected the flaw. 

7 minutes ago, Hogun said:

All I want is for me and my friend to receive our own Legends right now! Damn it! Why does the likes of Death's Head 2, Rock Python and Spymaster get the treatment but not us?

Dude seriously. This was funny at first but now it's getting a bit creepy.

Really looking forward to Hellfire Club figures but pretty divided when it comes to the Haslab figure. If it is a new Sentinel I might probably pass. But if it is a Master Mold, i will probably be very frustrated as i would really want to get it but it might cost me a fortune and maybe it cant even be delivered where i live.

Hoping for more details on Nimrod (hopefully a Single release), Hellfire Club and Legacy Rogue. Some completely brand new figures that haven't be revealed would also be nice. Also I hope this doesn't become a U.S Fans First like the Transformers one.

I'm certainly excited for potential Hellfire Club figures, but would likely pass on any X-Men movie figures. I'm very curious about the HasLab Sentinel but am hoping it's Master Mold - not sure I cold afford it regardless. Of the other figures shown I'd want Nimrod, Thunderbird and Negasonic Teenage Warhead but don't really care about the rest.... so I'd strongly prefer that the 3 I was weren't in "multi-packs" as rumored. Would love to see some reveals for other characters that have never been made before!

What we have to realize is with so many movies and Disney+ projects being put on hold or delayed this year is Hasbro has pretty much had to shift their 3rd and 4th quarter distribution strategies. I expect a similar situation to what they did with the G.I. Joe line where they only revealed the non-movie based figures and had to hold over the figures we assume would have been in the upcoming Snake Eyes movie. That wouldn't necessarily work with ML because that would leave some half built BAFs. Not sure what is happening today but as we get closer to SDCC, I think we're gonna see a bunch box sets and 2 packs that they'll finish out the year with. I think the X-Men movie packs are a lock, maybe the much anticipated Hellfire Club set, the rumored Nimrod set and the Giant Sized All New X-Men 2 packs are gonna bring us to the end of the year. I do think the comic based Venomized figs are gonna be released somehow, though. Maybe through Pulse, without the BAF pieces. What would suck is if we had to purchase those same figs again in a wave to complete the BAF. Also can't forget about Old Man Logan and Old Man Hawkeye, which might be a set. The Sentinel HasLab project will, of course, be a big deal, but I'm betting they're saving that for last

They're doing what they can to not make the end of the year so lean but there's only so much they can do with what they got. I'm sure there are projects like Eternals and Falcon+Winter Soldier/WandaVision that are probably already in final production that they just can't reveal and had to be pushed back for the unforeseeable future. If and when we come out of this hysteria it's gonna be a rough ride for all the non-MCU fans cuz they're gonna wanna dump that stuff on us ASAP as the MCU has yo get back on schedule post haste. Take it for what it's worth. Enjoy all the COMIC goodness while we can and just understand, comic or MCU fans alike, we're gonna have to do what we can to support the line and make sure it continues on into the future. Personally, I would be happy to never see another MCU figure ever again, but I know that's a large part of what pushes the line and will be doing my part to make sure it stays strong.

Curious about the two SDCC reveals, I just hope that the X-Movie thing isn't one of them. While I appreciate the call-back to before Marvel movies sucked, I'm just not into the movie stuff anymore.

Mostly, what I wanna hear about is the regular line. Not exclusives, movie tie-ins, deluxe or con figures, just the rank and file wide release 19.99 stuff. The "special" stuff is great, and I know that's how they drum up anticipation, but mainly I wanna know where the line as a hole is headed.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Curious about the two SDCC reveals, I just hope that the X-Movie thing isn't one of them. While I appreciate the call-back to before Marvel movies sucked, I'm just not into the movie stuff anymore.

Mostly, what I wanna hear about is the regular line. Not exclusives, movie tie-ins, deluxe or con figures, just the rank and file wide release 19.99 stuff. The "special" stuff is great, and I know that's how they drum up anticipation, but mainly I wanna know where the line as a hole is headed.

Yeah, I would prefer to hear about the figures I could get, rather than some Hasbro employee acting smug about their exclsuives

22 hours ago, Evan_H said:

No, I mean singular. While there was a force of lesser armored guards, the main guy had a more powerful version and looked different. As I recall, the armor drove the first user insane, and Stark ended up giving it to the guys brother after he corrected the flaw. 

The 1st Guardsman armor was created by Stark for Kevin O'Brien & was actually less powerful than the MK IV  armor Tony was wearing at the time.  The ones that Stark created for SHIELD to guard the Vault were sleeker & a bit more powerful. I'd much prefer an Army builder set of the "Vault" Guardsmen. 

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Guardsman_Armor

Well..I did it..after seeing it I signed up!! I'm weak! So so so weak!! My wife is NOT gonna be happy. I'll have to sneak it in as furniture!

Bastion put it over the top for me!! It will be my stand in for Master mold!!

I might need some wallet therapy after this one!

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:35 PM, Hogun said:

All I want is for me and my friend to receive our own Legends right now! Damn it! Why does the likes of Death's Head 2, Rock Python and Spymaster get the treatment but not us?

Rock Python is the bomb! Didn't you know Marvel comics was built around him?? And Hasbro made the figure leap off the page. The only thing they missed was his accessories.