Is A Marvel Legends Hellfire Club Reveal Coming On Monday?

JayC

6 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Is it going to be a Hellfire Club Boxset or is it going to be Sebastian Shaw, White Queen and Black Queen? 

I bet we see Shaw, Emma, Selene and Hellfire goons. Which would be good enough for me. 

I think they've pretty commonly had sets with 3 or 4 figures plus a "build a figure" sized addition.  Though that's far from universal.

So I could see Shaw, Emma, and Selene (maybe with swappable Tessa and Jean heads) and maybe Leland on a variant of the Kingpin body?

I believe there was a hint that we were getting a troop builder that was "one we'd never seen before" several weeks back?  I'm betting that's the Hellfire Goon.  Though they could include one or two in the set I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I believe there was a hint that we were getting a troop builder that was "one we'd never seen before" several weeks back?  I'm betting that's the Hellfire Goon.  Though they could include one or two in the set I suppose.

I have an awful feeling that Army Builder was the Prime Sentinels but I do hope for a HFC trooper.

47 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

And they only announced the Friday thing what...yesterday?  Day before?  So they may not announce anything for early next week until later today or Friday.  Or they may not have anything at all and sure enough they'll just let Wal-Mart reveal it.

Yeah, I'm not saying they couldn't do something on Monday, only that at this point there has been no indications of that.  Part of the problem is, the term SDCC exclusive is somewhat subjective this year since there technically is no SDCC this year. For example lets say the Marvel Legends figure that gets put up on Walmart come Friday is the Deadpool movie Cable figure originally announced at Toy Fair. Does that count as a SDCC exclusive now or just a Walmart exclusive???? For G.I. Joe and Transformers, it looks more like Walmart exclusives lines are going to be revealed, not just one specific figure. There are rumors that for Star Wars Hasbro will be doing a new Black Series Wampa, likely in vintage Kenner packaging to be sold on Hasbro Pulse, is that now a SDCC exclusive??? IDK.  Doing a Fan Friday event at the same time something is going live on Walmart is what I call waiting until the last possible minute but if its not something thats instantly going to sell out, I guess it wont matter, especially since for people on the West Coast the videos will be going at like 7am. My guess there wont be a ton of people watching those videos live.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
14 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I think they've pretty commonly had sets with 3 or 4 figures plus a "build a figure" sized addition.  Though that's far from universal.

So I could see Shaw, Emma, and Selene (maybe with swappable Tessa and Jean heads) and maybe Leland on a variant of the Kingpin body?

The only reason i disagree with leland is that he doesn't have the size or build of Kingpin. He is only supposed to be 5-11 and would need a new buck, where as Kingpin is 6-7 and has been drawn towering over people to make him seem larger than life.  But obviously we agree on the rest. 

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Is it going to be a Hellfire Club Boxset or is it going to be Sebastian Shaw, White Queen and Black Queen? 

I bet we see Shaw, Emma, Selene and Hellfire goons. Which would be good enough for me. 

I will be happy with ANY Hellfire reveals but I'm hoping for a larger set with Leland (Doc Ock buck with new arms and legs) Pierce and Wyngarde ( with Master mind head)

I would hope the Hellfire goons would come in a two pack or on Pulse as an army builder. 

I guess I expect them to do an "Era" themed set so it would be from the "Dark Phoenix Saga." That leaves Selene out....but she would make an excellent single release or Walgreens exclusive ( though I hate the elusive exclusives)

16 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I will be happy with ANY Hellfire reveals but I'm hoping for a larger set with Leland (Doc Ock buck with new arms and legs) Pierce and Wyngarde ( with Master mind head)

I would hope the Hellfire goons would come in a two pack or on Pulse as an army builder. 

I guess I expect them to do an "Era" themed set so it would be from the "Dark Phoenix Saga." That leaves Selene out....but she would make an excellent single release or Walgreens exclusive ( though I hate the elusive exclusives)

They could do a Black Queen Jean with a Selene Alt head or visa versa

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
13 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They could do a Black Queen Jean with a Selene Alt head or visa versa

I hope they make it a fan channel exclusive so they can be busty and curvy women. 🙏

News just dropped today for what I am pretty sure would have been one of the Transformers SDCC exclusives this year. Good news for those who hate Walmart, it is being offered on Hasbro Pulse, so def looks like at the very least not all the con exclusives are going to Walmart if any of em. The Walmart thing might just end up being Walmart exclusive stuff not specifically related to SDCC.

https://tformers.com/exclusive-earthrise-quintessons-pit-of-judgement-5-pack-set-revealed/37730/news.html

17 minutes ago, JayC said:

News just dropped today for what I am pretty sure would have been one of the Transformers SDCC exclusives this year. Good news for those who hate Walmart, it is being offered on Hasbro Pulse, so def looks like at the very least not all the con exclusives are going to Walmart if any of em. The Walmart thing might just end up being Walmart exclusive stuff not specifically related to SDCC.

https://tformers.com/exclusive-earthrise-quintessons-pit-of-judgement-5-pack-set-revealed/37730/news.html

I can also confirm that there is uk emailed will have stuff up tomorrow

6 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I hope they make it a fan channel exclusive so they can be busty and curvy women. 🙏

Yes to busty and curvy!! Marvel Legends women NEED to be a bit thicker!! The Shikla figure is just too skinny. Most of these women are athletes of some kind! It should show.

Now I'm not saying bring back the Moonstone/MS. Marvel buck but there has to be a happy medium. 

I'm also not looking to get Flamed..I just think they need to be accurate to the comics. 

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Yes to busty and curvy!! Marvel Legends women NEED to be a bit thicker!! The Shikla figure is just too skinny. Most of these women are athletes of some kind! It should show.

Now I'm not saying bring back the Moonstone/MS. Marvel buck but there has to be a happy medium. 

I'm also not looking to get Flamed..I just think they need to be accurate to the comics. 

Well said!

I don't see why they can't bring back the Ms. Marvel buck...it wouldn't be correct for every female figure, but then Hasbro has no problem distinguishing Captain America's figure from Spider-Man's. They can tell the Sub-Mariner is different from Shang-Chi. So why would the Black Widow's figure be the same as Kate Bishop's??

Its not about "objectifying", its about accuracy. Youre totally correct. If they can make Wolverine's buck deliberately shorter than many/most of the other figures in the line- which only makes sense, because he's supposed to be a shorter guy (5'3")-  they  can make Emma Frost far more busty than that thing we got from Walgreens, yes?  Because that is the way these characters have been depicted over the decades.

Are comic book female figures generally depicted in an over sexualized manner? Yes. Is that wrong? In a lot of cases, yes (look at that ridiculous DC Star Sapphire outfit). But if you make that character into an action figure, it needs to be accurate to the comics. We get upset when they make Falcon without his wings, or Quicksilver without his signature hair, because its just not correct. Lets not be hypocrites here.

5 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

See, this is where I get hung up on this particular argument. "Athletic" and "busty and curvy" are not the same thing, and there's usually not a whole lot of overlap. I agree that most super heroes are pretty athletic and should probably be depicted that way, but people often toss out the term 'athletic' because they're worried about coming across as objectifying and/or perverted, and it usually weakens their position rather than strengthening it.

The truth is that most ladies have been depicted in the comics as extremely curvy and hypersexualized at various times (especially in the 90s) and much more normally proportioned at other times (especially in the present day, as well as prior to the 90s). There are very few characters who have been depicted consistently. Sure, Emma Frost is one who has, and her figure is definitely a little under-endowed, but the hyperbole when people here talk about that figure is unbelievable. She's wearing black. It's a slimming colour. If you look at that figure from the side, she's by no means flat-chested.

It may not be the same people every single time, but go back and look at any thread about any Legends lady. Someone in every single thread complains about the figure's chest, or says she's too skinny (or worse, scrawny), or bemoans the loss of the mythical Moonstone sculpt. It doesn't matter who the character in question is. I agree that it would be nice to see more body variety in Legends ladies, but it can't be true that none of the lady characters they've made figures for in the last few years belonged on the bodysculpt they got. Again, depictions are not consistent for most characters, and modern depictions tend to be proportioned more like average women, so Hasbro is pretty clearly erring that way too. Anyone who believes Hasbro's getting it wrong every single time doesn't want body variety; they want big-chested curvy toys.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
14 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I don't care if i get Flamed, there is nothing wrong with being attracted to the female body.. I like a curvy, busty, beautiful women and i am not womanizer. I love the moonstone mold with them thick thighs and realistic proportions. My complaint isn't always with the chest. 99% of the time it is with the hips and thighs, they are rail thin. I say Hasbro should make a sexy female mold (When it suits the character) and use them for fan channel exclusives to ensure only adults get it. The male Characters and figures are super sexualized with their  proportionally over sized muscles, Chiseled jaws and spandex tights... I would appreciate it if they  treated the female figures with equality. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc169a36e78a8fa72ec156886430a51e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4cfbb0ee3164d3b26668721fed779132.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.351649d1d8f92d1a7fd4c10a4ebf3d18.jpegPin en "Really"...image.thumb.jpeg.32cb7daf4b1180fe69084800e630cb10.jpeg

9 hours ago, Benn said:

See, this is where I get hung up on this particular argument. "Athletic" and "busty and curvy" are not the same thing, and there's usually not a whole lot of overlap. I agree that most super heroes are pretty athletic and should probably be depicted that way, but people often toss out the term 'athletic' because they're worried about coming across as objectifying and/or perverted, and it usually weakens their position rather than strengthening it.

The truth is that most ladies have been depicted in the comics as extremely curvy and hypersexualized at various times (especially in the 90s) and much more normally proportioned at other times (especially in the present day, as well as prior to the 90s). There are very few characters who have been depicted consistently. Sure, Emma Frost is one who has, and her figure is definitely a little under-endowed, but the hyperbole when people here talk about that figure is unbelievable. She's wearing black. It's a slimming colour. If you look at that figure from the side, she's by no means flat-chested.

It may not be the same people every single time, but go back and look at any thread about any Legends lady. Someone in every single thread complains about the figure's chest, or says she's too skinny (or worse, scrawny), or bemoans the loss of the mythical Moonstone sculpt. It doesn't matter who the character in question is. I agree that it would be nice to see more body variety in Legends ladies, but it can't be true that none of the lady characters they've made figures for in the last few years belonged on the bodysculpt they got. Again, depictions are not consistent for most characters, and modern depictions tend to be proportioned more like average women, so Hasbro is pretty clearly erring that way too. Anyone who believes Hasbro's getting it wrong every single time doesn't want body variety; they want big-chested curvy toys.

Benn...Im not real worried about how I sound at this point...I said "Athletic" and that's what I meant. I also said "busty and curvy" and I meant that too. I see them as two different body types. 

Let's use Spider woman as an example...jessica drew SPIDERWOMAN is on the Moonstone body while Julia Carpenter is on a smaller more athletic body. Both have been drawn all kinds of ways but the difference in the characters is awesome!! I've seen Jessica a majority of the time drawn more " busty and curvy" while Julia is drawn thinner and more "Athletic"

Simply put I want more diversity in the body types of the Female Legends.  Not all of them need to be " thick" but some should be. SHIKLAH looks like a skinny stork. I've seen her drawn very curvy in the past so she's a miss to me.

I don't think wanting female characters to have some diversity is objectifying...the men get different bucks based on their body types but it seems the women don't get the same treatment. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
8 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Benn...Im not real worried about how I sound at this point...I said "Athletic" and that's what I meant. I also said "busty and curvy" and I meant that too. I see them as two different body types. 

Let's use Spider woman as an example...jessica drew SPIDERWOMAN is on the Moonstone body while Julia Carpenter is on a smaller more athletic body. Both have been drawn all kinds of ways but the difference in the characters is awesome!! I've seen Jessica a majority of the time drawn more " busty and curvy" while Julia is drawn thinner and more "Athletic"

Simply put I want more diversity in the body types of the Female Legends.  Not all of them need to be " thick" but some should be. SHIKLAH looks like a skinny stork. I've seen her drawn very curvy in the past so she's a miss to me.

I don't think wanting female characters to have some diversity is objectifying...the men get different bucks based on their body types but it seems the women don't get the same treatment. 

This ☝️

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

The male Characters and figures are super sexualized with their  proportionally over sized muscles, Chiseled jaws and spandex tights... I would appreciate it if they  treated the female figures with equality. 

LOL.  The male characters are super-muscular and square-jawed handsome because they're an aspirational power fantasy for male fans, not to be sexually attractive to female collectors.  This argument you've tossed out is a false equivalence.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
48 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

LOL.  The male characters are super-muscular and square-jawed handsome because they're an aspirational power fantasy for male fans, not to be sexually attractive to female collectors.  This argument you've tossed out is a false equivalence.

You may not see it cause you don't want to. But they have made the men Hyper-sexualized or "Aspirational Fantasy" for male fans. Just cause you change the terminology, doesn't change what is actually happening in your brain. They give these characters and figures every quality that has been deemed an alpha male quality(By Males). You may not realize that Alpha male and Muscles, mixed with being a hero that saves men, WOMEN AND CHILDREN would be sexually attractive to women or at-least males think this is what women want. 

They are made this way because if super-heros were overweight, careless, followers then comics in general wouldn't have been successful.  This is the same reason many men were fans of  Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wesley Snipes, Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham,  Jean-Claude Van Damme movies. 

The male figures are accurate to their "aspirational powered".. ? - over sexualized male idea of what is super, comic counter parts. I am not saying you are sexually attracted to them but something about them turns you on in one way or another. 

If we can get "Super-Musclar, Superficially perfected faces , then we should be able to get women that have Stereo-typical feminine features. Whether that be by sculpting boobs, muscles and wider hips in general pear shape women are biologically known for.  And i don't need all of them to have big boobs or a curvy lower torso. But a lot of them look like they could use a thanksgiving dinner. 

Also Sexualization doesn't have to come from a straight member of the opposite sex, which is a huge misconception in psychology. It can take place in a straight member of the same sex.  You desire the traits of these super heroes because you believe it will make you more attractive/sexy to whomever you would like to attract. 

Getting back to the subject of SDCC exclusives, it occured to me Hasbro isnt rushing to announce their "Comic-Con" exclusives because they probably arent actually going to be available this month.

They announced the GIJoe SDCC exclusive today but its not going to be released until September. My guess due to delays at the factories with Covid they didn't actually get their con exclusives completed in time to be released now. So whatever they are dont expect to get your hands on them until later in the year.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Getting back to the subject of SDCC exclusives, it occured to me Hasbro isnt rushing to announce their "Comic-Con" exclusives because they probably arent actually going to be available this month.

They announced the GIJoe SDCC exclusive today but its not going to be released until September. My guess due to delays at the factories with Covid they didn't actually get their con exclusives completed in time to be released now. So whatever they are dont expect to get your hands on them until later in the year.

Oh...thats a very good but oh so sad point. 

6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Well it's good to know they are revealing SDCC Exclusives this next week!! FINALLY!!

Come on Hellfire!!

most likely at some point next week. i wouldn't be surprise if the there will be a whole Hasbro Livestream for most of next weekend.