Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Exclusive 6" Toxin Figure

JayC

I can't speak for anyone else, but my dislike for Toxin is exactly that. I dislike the character, and think the figure is a waist of plastic. That has nothing to do with the lack of any Shaw/Hellfire news, I would've been equally down on this one no matter what.

That being said, if you guys dig it, awesome. You have the right to like/dislike anything you want. Just remember, so do we.

This guy is not for me but glad some of you are happy to get him. 

In truth, I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by the last few fan channel reveals. Storm in black for those who refuse to believe her costume is silver ( or white), Grey!?!) Beast. Why ? In blue he is the perfect Perez era Beast with the classic head. Would have bought multiple. In grey, he is an easy pass.

Toxin? No clue who he is. All good, my wallet took a pounding the past few years for the Avengers and MCU product we had gotten. Nice to get a break now that Hasbro has moved on to Xmen and Spideys rogues gallery. I can pick and choose which is a nice change of pace 

4 hours ago, tarot said:

Looks like I was wrong. It's actually Brock again.

portrait_uncanny.jpg

I wouldn't say you were completely off the mark. It looks like a weird combo between the two. Because this figure has the bulk of Brock Toxin, and the headsculpt as well, but Mulligan Toxin is the one that was red and blue, while Brock was red and dark red.

"Okay, so. Mr. Hasbro, which of the two versions of Toxin do we use for this figure?"

"Both."

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I agree with the idea people are probably a tad bit exhausted with this influx of repaints we are seeing, and its not wrong to say why? Toxin? Toxin hasn't been active in the books for a very long time, and yes people know that Hellfire Club reveal is happening.. but I guess the anticipation steam was so high, they felt cheated today, yes they could have just announced this figure without the "fireworks" of a fan first monday situation, it probably didn't deserve the hoopla but hey, I think Hasbro is just at this point trying to make everything feel a bit more special due to the current situation, I myself am one of the small percent of people who is actually more pleased to see this Toxin then a Hellfire Club, and agreed if this was the new Venom wave BAF I may have been a bit cranky, but I also would have been stoked as hell, I can't get enough symbiotes so every time a new one pops up I feel like it was almost just for me

Im right there with you in excitement over a symbiote fig! I dont want it to be over done where everything is a symbiote which makes imo the special-ness of venom and the originals to become diluted and an opera like moment where everyone gets one under their chairs. I do love their designs but I dont really want everyone in the marvel universe to get a sym version of themself. I find it funny that there are alot that are mad at this saying oh great another monster venom repaint but were joyous about seeing another hulk repaint no problem. Honestly both sculpts are fantastic and Im very ok with them reusing them more (especially hulk).  I do however get the disappointment of this being that big announcement but still pretty dang cool.. and honestly Im glad hes not the BAF for the Venom wave. 

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I wouldn't say you were completely off the mark. It looks like a weird combo between the two. Because this figure has the bulk of Brock Toxin, and the headsculpt as well, but Mulligan Toxin is the one that was red and blue, while Brock was red and dark red.

"Okay, so. Mr. Hasbro, which of the two versions of Toxin do we use for this figure?"

"Both."

I have the first issues of Toxins (mulligan) comic when he debuted and he was never blue. Not sure where you are getting that unless in many later comics hes in, he has blue. I did a quick google search and didnt see anything aside from one picture that showcased him with any kind of blue color. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

I have the first issues of Toxins (mulligan) comic when he debuted and he was never blue. Not sure where you are getting that unless in many later comics hes in, he has blue. I did a quick google search and didnt see anything aside from one picture that showcased him with any kind of blue color. 

spacer.png All of these are form his mini-series, be it interior art or covers (with the exception of the image in the bottom right). His lower half and lower arms very much look like they're dark blue. And it doesn't look like it's a case of blue being used for reflective lighing in a black surface, since it's too much of his surface that is colored blue for it to just be ambient light. The image in the bottom right comes from his appearance in the game Spider-Man Unlimited. It's also worth mentioning that the color of his speech bubbles used to be blue, which would make sense if he's half blue.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

I stopped with classic Eddie Brock Venom & that's it for me. This over saturation of the Venomverse is bout as bad as the over saturation of Umpteenth Deadpools. Much thanks for saving me $$ Hasbro!

Just wait until Marvel does an whole Venompool event and Hasbro makes at least two waves of just different Venompool figures.

I thought it was an April fools joke as I was eagerly awaiting the Hellfire club set...this is Hasbro literally telling us they will maximize whatever body mold they use. I wonder, after the deluxe AOA Apocalypse, will it take a couple of months before they release a the 'Dawn of X' Apocalypse using the same body mold? probably release the whole 'Dawn of X' X-men using the Jim Lee X-men body molds.

7 hours ago, Satam said:

Just wait until Marvel does an whole Venompool event and Hasbro makes at least two waves of just different Venompool figures.

Not being familiar with Toxin as a character, my first impression was that this figure WAS a venomized deadpool. the head in particular reminds me of DP's mask. And the green tongue seemed appropriately gross for Wade.

That being said, yeah i'm sure a proper Venomized Wade and Frank Castle are coming. 

10 hours ago, Satam said:

Damn you, @Satam, thank you for making me come to the realization that a Venompool figure is not only possible, but probable in the not so distant future. Now I'm gonna be gritting my teeth every time a new Deadpool wave starts to be revealed. With that in mind, anyone wanna place Vegas odds on how likely it is that we get Mech Suit Howard the Duck or Venom the Duck as a BAF in one of the future Gamerverse waves? Of course, the BAF for the 2nd Avengers Gamerverse wave will obviously be another Hulk, but anything after that is fair game.

50 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Damn you, @Satam, thank you for making me come to the realization that a Venompool figure is not only possible, but probable in the not so distant future. Now I'm gonna be gritting my teeth every time a new Deadpool wave starts to be revealed. With that in mind, anyone wanna place Vegas odds on how likely it is that we get Mech Suit Howard the Duck or Venom the Duck as a BAF in one of the future Gamerverse waves? Of course, the BAF for the 2nd Avengers Gamerverse wave will obviously be another Hulk, but anything after that is fair game.

Didn't they already do Venompool with the Gamestop Black DP a while ago