Marvel Legends Build a Diorama

leokearon

Would you like to see Build a Diorama's in Marvel legends  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Build a Diorama's in Marvel legends

• Yes
    • No

As some of you know, I'm a huge Transformers fan and recently Hasbro have released a repaint wave to tie in with the new Netflix show. Included with the deluxe class figures are cardboard pieces which build a diorama of Teletraan I.  While the implentation could be done better, especially with the thin cardboard; I think it is nice idea and could be something that could be included in Marvel Legends. So What do you guys think; would it be something you would like to see in Marvel legends? Image credits thank to Geek Culture

spacer.png     netflix_1_by_leokearon_de0xb05-pre.jpg?t

I think this would be an interesting concept, and it being used for repaints would mean the budget in other areas like accessories shouldn't suffer much.

However, I agree that it should be something better than just pieces of cardboard. I think Hasbro could really take a page from Diamond Select's playbook and do them like the interconnected bases Marvel Select has done in the past. The Danger Room that came with the X-Men figures, or the Avengers Facility that came with the Civil War movie figures.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I think this would be an interesting concept, and it being used for repaints would mean the budget in other areas like accessories shouldn't suffer much.

However, I agree that it should be something better than just pieces of cardboard. I think Hasbro could really take a page from Diamond Select's playbook and do them like the interconnected bases Marvel Select has done in the past. The Danger Room that came with the X-Men figures, or the Avengers Facility that came with the Civil War movie figures.

I agree with the fact I think that this is a great idea, especially with it being a pack-in on say Fan Channel re-paints, it would give a bit of incentive to those who may not want to buy a figure they don't want, however I'd be much more excited about them making these dio's plastic rather than some cardboard

it's a cool idea, and long over due, I also don't think it would be a bad idea to give us a Build-a-Diorama instead of a figure once in awhile, but give it a high level of detail, I'd be all for it

I have bought quite a few Extreme Sets to use for this very idea and generally they work very well. However, the walls tend to warp inward and the floors either arch in the middle or near the corners. I’ve taken to using Velcro to hold them in place. So while they do look amazing there is some work to do to keep them looking good. 

I suppose a thicker cardboard might work but I can’t see Hasbro going this way. Extreme Sets are priced about right for what I want to pay, thicker material would surely drive the price up.

in a similar thread I proposed a series of backdrops similar to what Extreme Sets does but with familiar Marvel Universe locations like Avengers Tower/ Mansion, The Daily Bugle, Danger Room, Stark Labs etc.. that could peak my interest for sure.

I had also said I could see Hasbro molding a face of the Supreme Intelligence in thin plastic or cardboard as an background insert in some sort of Kree themed boxed set. Really the only way I can see a Supreme Intelligence getting made in any way. 

However, Hasbro tends to go the cheapest ( meaning less expensive) way for accessories etc so my guess would be the end result may look / feel cheap